BayouMotownMan
12-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Is confirmed. Loved his music

marv2
12-21-2012, 01:59 PM
He never recorded for Motown!

skooldem1
12-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Why announce it as "confirmed" when that is not the case yet? Was it announced by a family, or group member? If not then this whole thread is just wrong. Everyone is in such a race to announce the death of someone here.

marv2
12-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Why announce it as "confirmed" when that is not the case yet? Was it announced by a family, or group member? If not then this whole thread is just wrong. Everyone is in such a race to announce the death of someone here.

I agree. It is bad business to do something like this here or anywhere else!

robb_k
12-21-2012, 02:51 PM
I've since read that that was only an inaccurate false rumour, and, that he is very much alive at this point.

BayouMotownMan
12-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Actually Billy Griffin announced it on Facebook as did someone involved with EWF. It was then retracted. Sorry folks, but I'm glad it isn't true. He is a major talent

rod_rick
12-21-2012, 05:40 PM

Mistakes happen and there were a few outlets that reported Maurice White death. Let's be thankful that it's not true.

soulster
12-21-2012, 06:06 PM
That's what bugs me about this place. People state things without any news links. I don't consider Facebook posts or tweets by even the family as a valid source.

soulster
12-21-2012, 06:10 PM
He never recorded for Motown!

So what? He's an influential person in the history of R&B. Are people here so narrow-minded that they will dismiss someone just because they had no relation to Motown? This is why someone needs to start a forum for R&B music that isn't attached to a specific record company or location.

marv2
12-21-2012, 06:56 PM
So what? He's an influential person in the history of R&B. Are people here so narrow-minded that they will dismiss someone just because they had no relation to Motown? This is why someone needs to start a forum for R&B music that isn't attached to a specific record company or location.

No, it's just called organization. There is a thread on the main forum about Maurice White. I would not attempt to discuss Frank Sinatra here either or what would be the purpose of even having a forum called "Motown Forum". I am not trying to be rude or disagreeable for the hell of it Soulster.

soulster
12-21-2012, 07:58 PM
No, it's just called organization. There is a thread on the main forum about Maurice White. I would not attempt to discuss Frank Sinatra here either or what would be the purpose of even having a forum called "Motown Forum". I am not trying to be rude or disagreeable for the hell of it Soulster.

I know you're not being rude.

But, here's the thing: when I come on here, I immediately go to the new posts, and I do not pay any attention to what thread is on what forum. To me, it's all one big forum. I realize that most people here tend to go to a specific section. I don't. I formed my way of reading this site by how I read other forums: I just click on "New Posts".

It's just another way that I am different from the rest of you guys and gals.

marybrewster
12-22-2012, 03:39 AM
Am happy to hear that Maurice has not passed.

If I'm not mistaken, Maurice is the brother of Verdine White, who is married to Shelly Clark, who was once considered a replacement member in the Supremes.

Is that a good enough Motown connection?

But the better question is: would Shelly have been a replacement or a temporary replacement?

marv2
12-22-2012, 03:49 AM
[QUOTE=marybrewster;136875]Am happy to hear that Maurice has not passed.

If I'm not mistaken, Maurice is the brother of Verdine White, who is married to Shelly Clark, who was once considered a replacement member in the Supremes.

Is that a good enough Motown connection?

QUOTE]

He didn't record for Motown.

Kamasu_Jr
12-22-2012, 02:29 PM

I agree. This turned out not to be true. And I gotta agree, Maurice White was not affiliated with Motown.

soulster
12-22-2012, 03:24 PM
He didn't record for Motown.

So what! Who cares!

Seriously, I know it's a predominantly Motown forum, but that shouldn't mean that we can't discuss non-Motown things.

But, as I said before, and I know I am not alone: I do not go to various sections of this forum. I just click on "New Posts", so I have no idea [[or really care) where the thread is. I do the same thing on every other music forum I go to that has a new post option.