PDA

View Full Version : Kiki Dee Collection

test

Motown4Ever518
12-20-2012, 11:32 PM
Because I have to have all things Motown, I found a used copy online and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. Since I was only familiar with her two mid-seventies hits including her duet with Sir Elton John, my expectations were not very high. I felt as a listener a connection with her sincerity in delivering the material. The material while strong did not have that one breakout hit that would have made one rush out and buy the album upon release. Of course an opportunity to be turned on to some new to me, James Jamerson ain't a bad deal either. Wow!

jillfoster
12-21-2012, 12:22 AM
I love most everything she does. She has such a versatile voice, such a gift for phrasing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PvmaYf49Us

R. Mark Desjardins
12-21-2012, 02:01 AM
What is it in the water that gives those Brit women such soulful voices! Thanks for posting this Jillfoster!

jack020
12-21-2012, 07:11 AM
Which Kiki Dee Collection is mentioned here: Love Makes The World Go Round: Motown Collection or the Sixties Collcetion?

Motown4Ever518
12-21-2012, 03:03 PM
i'm So Sorry, Love Makes The World Go Round. The Motown Collection.

roger
12-21-2012, 06:05 PM
I remember hearing her being interviewed on the BBC around 1970 and she proudly announced that she had signed for Motown. Then when "Between Sunday and Monday" was released as a 45 on U.K. Tamla Motown [[TMG 739) it got some airplay but failed to chart and that was that!!

Personally I thought she fitted quite well in with the "Motown Sound" but I recall that in the "Blues and Soul" magazine end of year discography of "all Soul recordings released on 45 in Britain in 1970" Kiki's release was omitted ... go figure!!

Roger