stephanie
12-18-2012, 02:41 AM
http://video.pbs.org/video/2315376863/

marv2
12-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Thank you for the link Stephanie!

milven
12-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Very nice interview. And quite honest. [[Although, some things could have been left unsaid like jokingly saying that she has to work) Thankfully, she loves it. She says that she finally found her niche which is ballads.

And she said that she was recently on line and read some nasty things about her. She said it makes her sad when people try to divide the Supremes like that.

If only Mary Fanatics and Diana Fanatics would listen to Mary and stop the bashing. Diana has said the same.

But it will never be.

luke
12-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Tavis said he felt like a background Supreme as Mary kind of took over the interivew!

skooldem1
12-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Mary gives good interviews. The problem I have, is that she often comes across as being all over the place. She is like a QVC/HSN host. She tries to sell too many things. I understand branding and all that, but hawking a book from 20 years ago, a jazz CD, a magazine, a new single all at the same time is just too much. How about just doing the interview sometimes?

smark21
12-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Mary is a graduate of the Jackie Collins school of interviewing. Always plug the product. Though Mary does need to work on focus a bit, but I suspect the reason why she pushes so many endeavors is to create the impression that she’s a bigger star than she actually is.

smark21
12-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Just watched the entire interview…all in all a good show. Mary seems happy and upbeat and not at all bitter and she gives Motown and Diana Ross their due. Mary generally gives good interview, even if she does like to plug and promote a lot!