PDA

View Full Version : Taraborrelli's motivation for writing on Ross

test

nomis
09-26-2010, 08:21 PM
It seems as if the infamous J. Randy had three different agendas and motivations for his three exhaustive volumes on Diana -

The First book - partly pure love and admiration plus he was eager to put then never before legendary tales in print - he forgot who he was dealing with - Diana hired Swifty Lazar and got many of what she considered unflattering accounts removed from the published manuscript -no easy feat in publishing circles but Diana had the celebrity clout to edit an unauthorised book on her,When Randy found out he was wild,a man possessed that his writing could be manipulated by the subject so...

Call Her Miss Ross - all previously deleted stories are printed,plus a whole lot more -the flak Diana cops as a result of this book has a negative effect on her career and the medias perception of her..

The Third Book - He deletes many of his previous gossip,Re shapes his view of her with more sympathy..He has seen the criitical direction the media has taken of her since his last book..and feels parlty responible for the negativity and laughs at the fact Diana got one over him admitting admiration for her editing his original book,But also revealing how mad that made him at the time of writing Call Her Miss Ross..

I welcome your views on this writer..

captainjames
09-26-2010, 10:40 PM
It is what it is.......I love Randy and I love Diana. I am sure to this day Randy still adores her.

nomis
09-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Thats obvious from his writing..the funny thing is Diana and Berry let him witness converations between them that they didnt allow other journalists..it was a silent pact- he was there to catch their conversations in resturants,after shows and events..and yet its as if he wasnt allowed to particpate..just allowed to ask a couple of questions and just witness their dynamics..they let him do this for years maybe they thought it would stay off the record..but it didnt..By Randys own admission Diana is now wary of him yet she still lets him watch exchanges between him and Gordy like the one that closes the end of his book...

jobeterob
09-26-2010, 11:25 PM
I agree with you that Randy adores her; not loves, but adores. He is not totally lost in the celebrity like some fans get.

But I wonder what he really knew.

The only recollection I have of Diana referring to Randy was......."this guy Randy, he wrote a book about me; he doesn't know me".

What do you think of that?

nomis
09-26-2010, 11:48 PM
I believe she also said something along the lines of "You think the guy had been on my shoulder the whole time or somethin"...and yet the opening quote of Call Her Miss where she tells him .."youve watched me grow up..etc" I think his probing questions annoyed her - the way he knew her buisness - she was annoyed with him at the press launch of The Wiz and yet granted him that big interview when she left Motown..she referred to him by first name on her first Oprah interview..But its not just Diana - Berry is the same with him,allowing his presence at events yet not really talking to him..the Gordy family expects to see him at events but conversation is little..he is very lucky as a writer,journalist and fan to be so close to his subjects..yet so far away at the same time..weird

nomis
09-27-2010, 12:34 AM
and also the motivation isnt pure love I remember around '98 when he sold a story to Australian and New Zealand New Idea magazine that Diana and Michael had an affair the time of Off The Wall..is that just to make a quick buck ? or did he sell that story internationally-because it isnt in any of his seven books covering Motown..his writing has affected his subjects- Michael called him once in misery over a nasty remark he had made about him on tv and yet confided in him minutes later..this after Randy had written a hardly flattering account of Michael in his first book on him..I think Randy would be the best partner you could have dinner with- I would be writing down notes on the napkins...

topdiva1
09-27-2010, 11:09 AM
I think he wrote in this order - out of adoration, then pissed off, then doing damage control. I feel all of the writers of books on Motown or any other subject are seeking money - fame - and more money.

Book writing is or was back int the day big business - I think Mary Wilson really brough to light how much money, popularity, and fame you can gain or regain from writing a book. After everyone saw her success - they jumped on the bandwagon with their life story and tales of glee and woe - ie - Martha Reeves, Diana Roos, Smokey Robinson. Otis Wiliams, Berry Gordy, Mary Wilson and Tony Turner.

All motivated to sell sell sell - and offer their view. Randy was a glorified fan who saw a way to cash in and was no fool - Mary Wilson also reportedly said he stole most of his information from her dairies - as he was close to her at the time and ran her fan club, and was not around during The Supremes or Diana Ross and The Supremes era - but surfaced after that- she said he made an offer she could not refuse - although it is said that Jean Terrel was against having him run a fan club period - it was Mary Wilson who financed Randy's move from some place in Jersey to LA to work as her fan club president - Mary later claimed that he had no initial contact with Ross - be gained that through his job at Soul Magazine which she also got for him - so in reading his CUT AND PASTE books - I keep that in mind - and he has way way way to many "Sources" in the back of his boos - like 52 pages to show where he got all that info from - so how much did he know on his own. His books are laced heavy with
"as Diana told" so and so -those kinds of statements just goes on and on.

The first hand celebrity books have almost NO reference notes and sources as they are from the actual sources for the most part and thus more personal - although they are surely written from the writers personal protective view.

Just the fact that in Secrets Of A Sparrow - Ross laments over the problems of having such long hair, is in itself self serving, crazy, and hilarious - IT IS A WIG - by GOD Diana just take it off. LOL!!!

In the end Randy's books -are researched - some what witnessed - a tribute and curse's from a fan seeking favor, fame. and like all the others - the almighty green dollar.

Now work my nerves poster's!!!!!

randy_russi
09-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Well, her saying "you've watched me grow up; you watched me spend too much money" could be said to all her fans
in general and that is how I took the quote. I don't think it was said directly to him personally.

skooldem1
09-27-2010, 11:50 AM
His motivation for writing all three books is......MONEY.

topdiva1
09-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Well, her saying "you've watched me grow up; you watched me spend too much money" could be said to all her fans
in general and that is how I took the quote. I don't think it was said directly to him personally.

I agree - you are most likely right.

carlo
09-27-2010, 12:13 PM

EXACTLY. lol.

RossHolloway
09-27-2010, 01:08 PM
I'd probably say that 90% of Diana Ross' life takes place behind closed doors and not in front of the public or in front of a reporter or journalist. Think of all the personal and private conversations she has had over the course of her life that no reporter or journalist even knows about. Or all the one on one conversations she has had with Berry Gordy down thru the years. Wouldn't we all be annoyed and pissed if someone that you hardly knew decide to write a book on YOUR life?

jobeterob
09-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Good posts Ross and Carlo and Skool.

Nomis..........you have some really good ideas for threads. Hope you are doing OK.

topdiva1
09-27-2010, 02:33 PM

Money and his own need to be a "FAMOUS JOURNALIST"

bradsupremes
09-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Topdiva, I get the vibe that you think Randy Taraborrelli's book is filled with mostly fiction or "heard-it-through-the-grapevine" tales and that Tony Turner's book is mostly truth because he "happened to be there." I think there is more truth in Randy's first paragraph than the entire "All That Glitters" book.

nomis
09-27-2010, 05:15 PM
can we keep Tony Turner out of this thread please? Lord knows he get enough threads on here- Im interested in Randys motivation and relationship with the Motown subjects he writes about..

jobeterob
09-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Nomis...........there are about 300 active members on SD. Tony Turner is reduced to turning this into his life now so when his theads go down the list, he just posts on them again and again, to no response. It's amusing but it looks as if it's driving people away.

So I was wondering if I should start a thread about "Dreamhunk: My Life as a Lawyer" and then write myself posts when no one else cares? I have good lawyer stories!

Brad.........I love it when you give us one of your youthful over the top comments; you really made the point with that one. It might be a little overstated, but just a little and it accurately reflects the feelings of knowledgeable Motown fans in general.

I don't believe Diana Ross or Berry Gordy confided much in Randy Tarraborelli; I don't believe he has even said such a thing; I think he did something like what a lot of us fans have done but Randy turned it into a life and a career; he followed much more closely; he clung as best he could from a very young age; he learned; he listened; he interviewed. He gathered; he collected; he kept notes.

The guy has got to have some brains and use them; he has the street smarts Diana did; he did not go the route that Mary went for many years - the parties, the fun, the laid back attitude, the take life as it comes. In due course, Mary learned if she did that, she would end up like Flo.

Randy was smart and committed from day one and parlayed it from Diana Ross into a career; and I think he's been reasonably successful; he's not well known but a few magazines and TV shows go to him for comments and he must have made some money out of all these books. Someone said he drives a Lexus. Does he?

And Tony.............no credible news organization is going to someone who acts like that and who wrote such trash. And a lexus? Tony will be lucky if he can still ride a bike.

nomis
09-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Ive said it before about Randy and I'll say it again - he passed money onto Flo when she was in abstract poverty and most of Motown had turned their backs on her..Mary not included she always remembered the kids birthdays..but Randy saw her plight and responded from the heart I will always have respect for him for that..

topdiva1
09-27-2010, 10:38 PM
can we keep Tony Turner out of this thread please? Lord knows he get enough threads on here- Im interested in Randys motivation and relationship with the Motown subjects he writes about..

I agree with you - even I did not mention his name here.

Thanks

bradsupremes
09-28-2010, 12:12 PM
....they jumped on the bandwagon with their life story and tales of glee and woe - ie - Martha Reeves, Diana Roos, Smokey Robinson. Otis Wiliams, Berry Gordy, Mary Wilson and Tony Turner.

Actually, you did.

jobeterob
09-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Brad, you've got a quick wit, sharp eye and a good sense of humour. Give us another little over the top comment fairly soon because they brighten a day!

topdiva1
09-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Actually, you did.

Oh I beg to differ - and not yet at least.

And this is about Miss J randy T - anyway.

tomato tom
09-29-2010, 03:37 PM
I for one, bought your books, because, A) I like your writing. B) You DO provide facts. C) You get all us fans gagglin about MISS ROSS. And, we ARE fans. And We DO love her. And you have top notch pics!!! When will Hot Wax City Cool be out again. My Copy SERIOUSLY USED..Paulo XXXX

jillfoster
09-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Topdiva... you do make a good point. When Diana LEFT the Supremes, Randy was 13 years old. So let's keep that in mind.

nomis
09-29-2010, 09:31 PM
I remember one reviewer opened his paragraph on Call Her Miss by writing- "Hell have no fury like a scorned ex fan club president.." I thought that was very on the ball....

randy_russi
09-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Yes, but Randy also was editor of Soul Magazine for a period of time and did interviews with many subjects; not just those
involved with Motown.

marxthespot
09-30-2010, 06:19 PM
I remember one reviewer opened his paragraph on Call Her Miss by writing- "Hell have no fury like a scorned ex fan club president.." I thought that was very on the ball....

That is so TRUE....and one doesn't have to be a fan club president either! Many here on the SDF and some who post comments on Supremes/Diana YouTube videos are proof of that.

However, anyone who writes three books about the same person has to have some deep feeling for that person...Whether their books are glowing tributes or glaring critques....Randy T has gone through the stages of fascination, adoration, anger and finally arrived at a state of sensible admiration for Diana Ross.

topdiva1
09-30-2010, 07:37 PM

So true - and today he is back to his old brown nose ways, but still an ex fan club president, who worked at Soul Magazine just before it went uner - from what I am told. A complete mess.

midnightman
10-02-2010, 06:23 PM
I'll put it like this: if someone I trusted to not leak my conversations with people I know for years, I would ask them directly "are you gonna write about this, if so, then you can leave."

He goes back and forth on both Diana and Michael though he seems to "feel sorry" for Michael and feel "sympathy" for Diana but he nearly straight dissed them in the first editions of those books he put out on them. I wouldn't trust him 100%.

midnightman
10-02-2010, 06:25 PM

Exactly, exactly.

rubcale
10-03-2010, 08:37 AM
I for one, bought your books, because, A) I like your writing. B) You DO provide facts. C) You get all us fans gagglin about MISS ROSS. And, we ARE fans. And We DO love her. And you have top notch pics!!! When will Hot Wax City Cool be out again. My Copy SERIOUSLY USED..Paulo XXXX

The first couple were good and as you say he provided facts. He was able to unearth some figures from Motown regarding sales which I believe to be true.

topdiva1
10-03-2010, 10:20 AM
He has used his cut and paste books to turn himself into nothing more than a for sale grungy looking "Media Whore", on all things Jackson, Ross, and Motown. He runs to the media for pay anytime their is something hot about the Jackson's and they pays him, to follow the slant they want. He even looks wary and worried, and kinda rough looking on all his TV appearances the last few years.

jillfoster
10-03-2010, 11:35 AM
He has used his cut and paste books to turn himself into nothing more than a for sale grungy looking "Media Whore", on all things Jackson, Ross, and Motown. He runs to the media for pay anytime their is something hot about the Jackson's and they pays him, to follow the slant they want. He even looks wary and worried, and kinda rough looking on all his TV appearances the last few years.

He does kind of have that "hobo" look lately, doens't he? Unshaven jowles and such. And he's the one who wrote about how haggeed flo looked at Magic mountain in 1974. I seen the pictures, she looked just FINE, she didn't look haggered in the least.

topdiva1
10-03-2010, 11:54 AM
He does kind of have that "hobo" look lately, doens't he? Unshaven jowles and such. And he's the one who wrote about how haggeed flo looked at Magic mountain in 1974. I seen the pictures, she looked just FINE, she didn't look haggered in the least.

I have seen those pictures of Flo Ballard at Magic Mountain - I never thought she looked bad - I thought she looked relaxed, happy, and relieved.

tomato tom
10-03-2010, 12:30 PM
silly question. But if a writer wants to get a publisher to take his book on, and sell it to the public and fans. It sure aint gonna be a boring take is it? I liked Randys books for the FACTS I could glean i.e. sales figures, never seen Photos etc. I could take the gossip as it is, gossip, or whatever. BUT, wether you like it or not, this stuff does sell. If you really want to read a pile of shit, get the Charlene Autobigrophy Ive never been to me, as she still hasnt....Paulo XXXX

jonc
10-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Randy Tarraborrelli's books are a combination of fact, gossip, hearsay and exhaustive interviews with former Motown stars, executives and personal assistants. Randy's latest Diana Ross biography had a brilliantly accurate discography.

topdiva1
10-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Nomis...........there are about 300 active members on SD. Tony Turner is reduced to turning this into his life now so when his theads go down the list, he just posts on them again and again, to no response. It's amusing but it looks as if it's driving people away.

So I was wondering if I should start a thread about "Dreamhunk: My Life as a Lawyer" and then write myself posts when no one else cares? I have good lawyer stories!

Brad.........I love it when you give us one of your youthful over the top comments; you really made the point with that one. It might be a little overstated, but just a little and it accurately reflects the feelings of knowledgeable Motown fans in general.

I don't believe Diana Ross or Berry Gordy confided much in Randy Tarraborelli; I don't believe he has even said such a thing; I think he did something like what a lot of us fans have done but Randy turned it into a life and a career; he followed much more closely; he clung as best he could from a very young age; he learned; he listened; he interviewed. He gathered; he collected; he kept notes.

The guy has got to have some brains and use them; he has the street smarts Diana did; he did not go the route that Mary went for many years - the parties, the fun, the laid back attitude, the take life as it comes. In due course, Mary learned if she did that, she would end up like Flo.

Randy was smart and committed from day one and parlayed it from Diana Ross into a career; and I think he's been reasonably successful; he's not well known but a few magazines and TV shows go to him for comments and he must have made some money out of all these books. Someone said he drives a Lexus. Does he?

And Tony.............no credible news organization is going to someone who acts like that and who wrote such trash. And a lexus? Tony will be lucky if he can still ride a bike.

Tony Turner owns and drives two Rolls Royces, a Benz and a Lexus for starters and does enjoy bike riding

As a so called lawyer - you should be less judgemental - oh what am I saying/

jobeterob
10-04-2010, 02:26 AM
Well, we all have opinions and no one is more valuable than the other.

I'll take Randy over Tony.

I think Randy's first book was parasitic......living off Diana. But he obviously loved her. He went on to write many books and he wrote them in the fashion required to make them sell a few copies. He wrote kindly of Diana in two other books.

Tony's second book in particular was "Star quality trash", in much the same vein as the interview I posted. Tony's treatment of Mary Wilson, Marvin Gaye and David Ruffin was terrible whereas Randy offered some opinions but backed a lot of his book up with references.

Diva, I'll give you a tip offered up by an accountant on the list. Before you send out your posts, read them over for spelling and English mistakes. We all screw things up but it reflects poorly to send out "to" where it should be "too" and mispell words, leave off "s's", skip words and the like ~ all because you are excited to T off with Jonc or Kamasu Jr. or something. Kamasu Jr. is a teacher with a good grip on English and direct connections to some of those Motown people Tony wished he could get close to.

jonc
10-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Tony Turner owns and drives two Rolls Royces, a Benz and a Lexus for starters and does enjoy bike riding

ROTFLMFAO. Fascinating that you know all of this from a silent breakfast encounter where you stalked yourself, I mean you stalked Tony Turner from another table, and one brief meeting after the Viscountess Turner's "alleged" SRO lecture on a university campus in Florida.

We're still awaiting photos or youtube clips from the "alleged" Tony Turner lecture that enthralled so many Floridian students. LMFAO

topdiva1
10-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Jonc

nobody does "a" hole better than you -

Kamasu_Jr
10-04-2010, 10:23 AM

I think Randy's first book was parasitic......living off Diana. But he obviously loved her. He went on to write many books and he wrote them in the fashion required to make them sell a few copies. He wrote kindly of Diana in two other books.

Tony's second book in particular was "Star quality trash", in much the same vein as the interview I posted. Tony's treatment of Mary Wilson, Marvin Gaye and David Ruffin was terrible whereas Randy offered some opinions but backed a lot of his book up with references.

Diva, I'll give you a tip offered up by an accountant on the list. Before you send out your posts, read them over for spelling and English mistakes. We all screw things up but it reflects poorly to send out "to" where it should be "too" and mispell words, leave off "s's", skip words and the like ~ all because you are excited to T off with Jonc or Kamasu Jr. or something. Kamasu Jr. is a teacher with a good grip on English and direct connections to some of those Motown people Tony wished he could get close to.

One thing I will say about Randy Taraborrelli is that after writing his first book on Diana Ross, which was from a fan's perspective, he realized he wanted the kind of acclaim [[and money) other writers like Kitty Kelly and Albert Goldman were earning for their biographies. He changed up and began doing more research, he interviewed more sources and relied a lot less on gossip by providing sources and notes on interviews and events. He knew people like Motown_Fan and Steve Holsey, longtime Motown historians and experts, were working as journalists at newspapers and he talked to them and learned about interviewing sources and being careful not to do careless stuff like reconstructing conversations that he was not privy to.

Randy turned a fascination with Motown into a career.
Unlike others, he never speaks ill of the subjects he writes about. He maintains a level of respect and objectivity for his subjects. I recall conversations he had with Motown_Fan after the Michael Jackson child molestation cases. Randy still believed in Michael's innocence, but also realized he had serious problems that would eventually bring him down.

jonc
10-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Jonc

nobody does "a" hole better than you -

Thank you my darling Viscountess.

midnightman
10-05-2010, 04:21 AM
Randy Tarraborrelli's books are a combination of fact, gossip, hearsay and exhaustive interviews with former Motown stars, executives and personal assistants. Randy's latest Diana Ross biography had a brilliantly accurate discography.

Basically. lol
I do realize that Randy's a big fan of Diana and Michael.

topdiva1
10-05-2010, 01:21 PM

Tank U so ver much

jonc
10-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Tank U so ver much

Your wit is on par with your dubious style of fable writing.

marv2
10-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Tank U so ver much

Diva, you are a mess......hehehehehehehehe!

topdiva1
10-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Diva, you are a mess......hehehehehehehehe!

...and not to be messed with!!!!

Thanks Marv2 great hearing from you.

jonc
10-05-2010, 07:02 PM
...and not to be messed with!!!!

Thanks Marv2 great hearing from you.

It's very touching how Tony Turner has brought a queen and a proven Homophobe together. Here's to the union of Marvie and the Viscountess.

jobeterob
10-05-2010, 08:06 PM
That's the thing about Diana Ross and I know that Randy saw it. She appeals to everyone - all races, all genders, all ages. I've noticed at her concerts that she drew a younger crowd than the Temptations did. And she draws a lot of plain old Mom and Pop style people and that was the core of the crowds. But then I did not see her in LA, NYC, or Vegas.

I'm not sure many homophobes show up at Ross concerts though; I thought they hung out at Guns N Roses. That hardly seems like a concert Marv would like.

topdiva1
10-05-2010, 08:07 PM
It's very touching how Tony Turner has brought a queen and a proven Homophobe together. Here's to the union of Marvie and the Viscountess.

You have proven over and over that you have a nasty tongue Mr. Clucky - very sick, and profoundly sad indeed - what a lonely life you must lead - with your head stuck up your butt I am somehow certain you have very many friends here - who see you as a sick joke - time and time again you spit your witless venom on SDF and just enforce the fact that your a nasty ass bigot, however the sick part is you think you are being witty - I suggest you watch it before you get your fat ass sued

In addition may I remind you that this thread is about RANDY not TONY TURNER!

Just crawl in a hole somewhere and live life with your jealousy and that hateful pig heart.

jonc
10-05-2010, 09:51 PM
You have proven over and over that you have a nasty tongue Mr. Clucky - very sick, and profoundly sad indeed - what a lonely life you must lead - with your head stuck up your butt I am somehow certain you have very many friends here - who see you as a sick joke - time and time again you spit your witless venom on SDF and just enforce the fact that your a nasty ass bigot, however the sick part is you think you are being witty - I suggest you watch it before you get your fat ass sued

In addition may I remind you that this thread is about RANDY not TONY TURNER!

Just crawl in a hole somewhere and live life with your jealousy and that hateful pig heart.

Well you should know all about lawsuits my dear. Didn't Berry threaten to sue you after your wild molestation allegation?
See you in court my darling and PLEASE STAY POSITIVE.

topdiva1
10-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Honc

If you are referring to a case filed by Berry Gordy against some News Papers - please consult The Supreme Court of Los Angeles - and look the case up as I have - and you will find that it was Berry Gordy AND Tony Turner who sued the newspapers TOGETHER - in the end and won settlements in the 5 million range - please while staying positive get the public record facts - Do your own due diligence.

jonc
10-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Honc

If you are referring to a case filed by Berry Gordy against some News Papers - please consult The Supreme Court of Los Angeles - and look the case up as I have - and you will find that it was Berry Gordy AND Tony Turner who sued the newspapers TOGETHER - in the end and won settlements in the 5 million range - please while staying positive get the public record facts - Do your own due diligence.

You know Turner's court records, funeral plots he owns, Spanish Viscounts he picks up, where he lives, eats, shits and what cars he drives. You even know his friend the Situation suggested he wear designer Ed Hardy. When do you find the time to study my darling or are you majoring in Viscountessology?

jobeterob
10-06-2010, 02:39 AM
Los Angeles has no Supreme Court unless we are counting the one where Lynda Laurence and Scherrie Payne preside.

jonc
10-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Los Angeles has no Supreme Court unless we are counting the one where Lynda Laurence and Scherrie Payne preside.

It's just more bullshit from TopDivaTurner jobeterob. Maybe she means the Los Angeles Superior Court? For someone who is so litigious maybe TopDivaTurner should take a course in law and educate herself about the lower, higher, Superior and Supreme court system.

Speaking of bullshit and fables, I don't believe for one minute that Tony Turner won 5 million dollars from some newspapers.

jobeterob
10-06-2010, 11:21 AM
It was actually $500 of the money Diana gave to Flo's girls.

jonc
10-06-2010, 12:17 PM
It was actually $500 of the money Diana gave to Flo's girls.

Which is ironic when you consider Flo's kids have probably never received one solitary cent from Tony Turner.

topdiva1
10-06-2010, 08:55 PM
You are right it was L A County Superior Court , and that is what I meant - but feel free to continue to call me on the carpet.

jonc
10-06-2010, 11:47 PM
You are right it was L A County Superior Court , and that is what I meant - but feel free to continue to call me on the carpet.

You're such puny game Tony.

bankhousedave
10-07-2010, 04:56 AM
I'm interested that money is seen as the motivation for all people writing or publishing books about Motown. Do you think if I go on doing it I'll make some one day?

topdiva1
10-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Money is always the name of the game.

jonc
10-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Money is always the name of the game.

Well it certainly was when you penned your fables.

olamaebarto
10-07-2010, 06:56 PM

I almost spit out my martini when I read that. Los Angeles Supreme Court? I hope this child isn't studying to be a lawyer.

olamaebarto
10-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Which is ironic when you consider Flo's kids have probably never received one solitary cent from Tony Turner.

Well that's a very good point. If Tony Turner, who considered himself such a close personal friend of Florence Ballard won $5millions dollars, why not give some money to her children.

I'm starting to see what you've been talking about. Not to mention the smell of manure.

topdiva1
10-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Well that's a very good point. If Tony Turner, who considered himself such a close personal friend of Florence Ballard won $5millions dollars, why not give some money to her children.

I'm starting to see what you've been talking about. Not to mention the smell of manure.

And while you are smelling manure - which could be your own upper lip - why don't you send Flo's grown ass kids some money - since you are so worried about them?

Why did they not get an education with the money Diana had for them?

Why do Flo's daughters get a job?

Why don't they ask their babies daddy's?

Why don't all the concerned fans on SDF do a benefit for the Ballard sista's?

You all seem so concerned about these grown women - why not do something, or shut the hell up - why look to or complain about others not doing anything - do it your damn self!!!

And just to be clear - I did ask Tony Turner did he ever "GIVE" Flo's girls money and he said "...no:.

jonc
10-07-2010, 07:54 PM
And while you are smelling manure - which could be your own upper lip - why don't you send Flo's grown ass kids some money - since you are so worried about them?

Why did they not get an education with the money Diana had for them?

Why do Flo's daughters get a job?

Why don't they ask their babies daddy's?

Why don't all the concerned fans on SDF do a benefit for the Ballard sista's?

You all seem so concerned about these grown women - why not do something, or shut the hell up - why look to or complain about others not doing anything - do it your damn self!!!

And just to be clear - I did ask Tony Turner did he ever "GIVE" Flo's girls money and he said "...no:.

Civility costs nothing Viscountess Turner. Ola Mae was here long before you slithered in to SDF pretending to be TopDiva.

Show some respect for an older woman you rude asshole.

jobeterob
10-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Go Ola go. Those were good posts. Jonc and Dave were funny and I've had my laugh for the day. But Ola took it with her martini, hoping the child isn't going to law school and her perception of what was going on that became enveloped by the smell of manure. Ola, are you Mrs. Powell? Did your martini have an Olive?

Dave..............unfortunately, I think the answer to your question is No! Sorry sir.

It's well known that Flo's family has issues. But the question remains, if Mr. Turner made a lot of money on Flo's name and recently got even MORE money, why doesn't he give some to the grown children? Perhaps his answer is they are lazy. Fair enough.

I wonder if there is a way to slag Diana here for being so self aggrandizing as to reward the lazy in order to further enhance her stained reputation?

Glenpwood
10-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Funny, unless my copies of Randy's books were missing a page there isn't one mention of Tony Turner so that would make his relevance to this topic nonexistant. Also, I don't recall Terrible-elli exactly sending a portion of his proceeds from his books to get the Ballard girls off Welfare either...

All this talk made me go back and read "Call Her Miss Ross" yesterday and I must say the whole tone of the book is just finding what unflattering things my former colleagues and employees could say about Diana. For every nine criticisms theres one positive thing listed. Obviously, he had an ax to grind as did Turner when he was no longer in Mary's inner circle. I've pretty much reached the point that the only fair and balanced Supremes tome left to be written could very well be Cindy Birdsong's if it ever makes it to press. Of course, that book won't be able to dissect Flo's unraveling but I believe she will tell it right about Diana at the end and the whole Mary/Pedro power trip....

topdiva1
10-08-2010, 03:27 PM
For the record - TONY TURNER - admitted he did not GIVE the Ballard sisters one dime. He did say he was able to get them some TV bookings for pay when Diana Ross published Secrets Of A Sparrow - and offered to pay for an education in some field of interest to them - but they did not take his offer. They are able to wrok or get degrees if they wanted to, there are programs.

Once again - fans that are concerned about the Ballard Sisters, should take up a collection - it is time better spent then wondering who DID NOT give them money - Did Maxine Ballard give the girls money from her book - ASK THEM.

topdiva1
10-08-2010, 03:29 PM
I almost spit out my martini when I read that. Los Angeles Supreme Court? I hope this child isn't studying to be a lawyer.

I am studing to be a martini drinking fool - like you - now spit that out.

topdiva1
10-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Civility costs nothing Viscountess Turner. Ola Mae was here long before you slithered in to SDF pretending to be TopDiva.

Show some respect for an older woman you rude asshole.

I'll show her something - but it may not be respectful - and your a fine old one to talk about respect with your dirty ass mind and mouth - ain't you the pot calling the kettle black - check yourself ole fool.

tomato tom
10-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Reach out and Touch Somebodys Hand, make this world a better place if you can...Paulo XXX

jonc
10-08-2010, 04:24 PM
I'll show her something - but it may not be respectful - and your a fine old one to talk about respect with your dirty ass mind and mouth - ain't you the pot calling the kettle black - check yourself ole fool.

You can dish it out Viscountess but you can't take it. My ass will never be as dirty or as slack as your lying ass.

We are all on to your "I've been told" and "I have heard" bullshit. Name me one 20 year old that even knows who the fuck Tony Turner is?

We know you are Tony Turner so drop the tired facade.

-

topdiva1
10-08-2010, 07:08 PM
You can dish it out Viscountess but you can't take it. My ass will never be as dirty or as slack as your lying ass.

We are all on to your "I've been told" and "I have heard" bullshit. Name me one 20 year old that even knows who the fuck Tony Turner is?

We know you are Tony Turner so drop the tired facade.

-

The same 20 year old that finds you old, bitter, fake, weird, and a boring clucking turkey of a foul mouth nasty ass MF -

nomis
10-08-2010, 09:35 PM
I didnt start this thread for it to turn into a cat house- all of you stop calling each other names in all the years Ive been coming to this forum today is an all time low theres nasty bitterness on several threads...

jonc
10-08-2010, 10:56 PM
The same 20 year old that finds you old, bitter, fake, weird, and a boring clucking turkey of a foul mouth nasty ass MF -

ROTFLMFAO. Temper temper Viscountess.

topdiva1
10-09-2010, 10:49 AM
I didnt start this thread for it to turn into a cat house- all of you stop calling each other names in all the years Ive been coming to this forum today is an all time low theres nasty bitterness on several threads...

I will take the advice giving an ignore some posters whose only real contribution to SDF is to vent venom, and catttiness - in what they feel is clever.

I am pushing the ignore button, as many have suggested - these members where here long before myself - and had already made their hearts or lack of know,

jobeterob
10-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Tony, will this be happening soon?

I am sorry Nomis that this thread is now being used for laughs and amusement but there is value in that too. Your threads are excellent.

I'm surprised Ralph hasn't offed these nonsensical Tony threads; I am usually very slow to pick up things like people pretending to be other people; but this one is so obvious.

midnightman
10-09-2010, 03:39 PM
To be frank, all the biographies that are related to the Supremes are all one-sided.

topdiva1
10-09-2010, 11:22 PM
To be frank, all the biographies that are related to the Supremes are all one-sided.

I would agree with you on that.

marv2
10-09-2010, 11:24 PM
What side are they on? Hopefully, the right side, hehehehehehehe!

topdiva1
10-09-2010, 11:28 PM
What side are they on? Hopefully, the right side, hehehehehehehe!

Marv, on the side of the writer of course - now you know you knew that!!!

jobeterob
10-09-2010, 11:52 PM
There was a side the author's had to write on. You had to write about
Diana or they sent your manuscript back and told you to write some more.

And now unless you are Bankhouse Dave, they just send your manuscript back and don't want to publish it at all.

There is a brand new book out on the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame; I think all of the mainstream of SD posters will thoroughly dislike it.

There is a small section on each of the Motown acts as they were inducted; the Supremes come after the Beatles and the Beach Boys; way after. The Temptations come after all the rock acts of that year.

All they write about the Supremes is that Miss Ross wasn't there and Mr. McCartney wasn't there. They don't mention Mary Wilson; they talk about musical highlights and ignore the Supremes as if none of them were there; they eliminate Mary from all the pictures. Typical Rock N Roll hall of Fame material.

At least Randy wrote 3 books about someone he adored and in two of the books, it came through.

marv2
10-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Marv, on the side of the writer of course - now you know you knew that!!!

Ok, I'm cold-busted! LOL! Well then the writer had better be on the "right side" in regards to this subject matter........

topdiva1
10-11-2010, 11:44 AM
I am sure Randy has another ROSS book in the works - it is like a franchise for him - go on and make that money Randy!!!!