PDA

View Full Version : Darlene Love In Concert with Mary Wilson, Cissy Houston As Guest Performers

test

milven
12-10-2012, 09:37 PM
It's not Christmas til Darlene Love sings Christmas [[Baby, Please Come Home) on Letterman. I'm sure David will have her on again this year and while in NYC, she will cross the Hudson and sing at NJ Pac with guests Cissy Houston, and Mary Wilson. Should be an interesting show
Darlene Love and Friends
with special guests Cissy Houston, Steven Van Zandt, and Mary Wilson [[of The Supremes)
Love for the Holidays
Celebrate the holidays with a quartet of American music legends! From her first number one recording, “He’s a Rebel,” through her string of hits with legendary producer Phil Spector [[including “Da Doo Ron Ron” and “He’s Sure the Boy I’m Gonna Marry”), 2011 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Darlene Love is still blazing a trail of success in the music industry. “Love’s thunderbolt voice is as embedded in the history of rock and roll as Eric Clapton’s guitar or Bob Dylan’s lyrics,” says The New York Times. For this holiday season concert, Love will welcome a variety of special guests including Newark’s own Cissy Houston, Mary Wilson [[of The Supremes), and Steven Van Zandt, famed guitarist of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band and star of television's The Sopranos.

Saturday, December 22, 2012 @ 8:00 pm @ NJ PAC

http://njpac.org/show_events_list.asp?shCode=16009

marv2
12-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Now this sounds like an event!!!!

luke
12-10-2012, 09:44 PM
U aint kidding--Darlene, CIssy and Mary--cant miss this one!!

marv2
12-10-2012, 09:45 PM
U aint kidding--Darlene, CIssy and Mary--cant miss this one!!

You think you might attend?

luke
12-10-2012, 09:46 PM
You know I have to. U?

marv2
12-10-2012, 09:58 PM
You know I have to. U?

I am seriously thinking about destroying my Christmas budget and attending! LOL!

theboyfromxtown
12-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Darlene Love · 3,581 like this.
4 hours ago ·
Hey Guys - So, Stevie Van Zandt just informed me that unfortunately he has to pull out of my show at NJ PAC on 12/22 due to another commitment that he could not get out of ... I'm really bummed out [[and he was too) because I love him dearly and was sooooo excited to share the stage with him again BUT I was able to confirm the one and only MARY WILSON from The Supremes to fill his slot. So, it'll be me, Cissy and Mary along with my band and back-up singers who you all know.

I'm sorry for the mix-up! xoxo

skooldem1
12-10-2012, 10:57 PM
This will be a great show.

marybrewster
12-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Thankfully Mary wasn't booked so she could temporarily replace Van Zandt.

StuartUK
12-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Hope someone with record it and upload to youtube for us UK fans - PLEASE!!!!!!!!!:D

Roberta75
12-12-2012, 01:23 PM
This will be a real difficult Christmas season for Cissy or Saint Cissy Houston as she's known in New York and New Jersey as. It will be the first holiday season without her beloved daughter Whitney so while her heart be heavy I know this dear, sweet saintly woman has Jesus in her heart and God love and light surrounding her.

I will pray for this lovely lady this Christmas season. Miss Cissy Houston is my personal role model and all that is good and decent in life.

I'm glad she is still sharing her gift of music with the world and wish her well for her upcoming concert.

God Bless Saint Cissy Houston.

Roberta