12-10-2012, 08:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k9CGAQwQbM 2007 BET

Trying to stir up the hornets nest again my dear. LOL

marv2
12-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Diana did the right thing for once.

smark21
12-10-2012, 09:07 PM
This was discussed a few years ago when it happened. OH well, at least you’re not as bad as revvy who seems to have post traumatic ross syndrome due to the Return to Love tour.

luke
12-10-2012, 09:42 PM
It wasnt posted then--ok I post it?

marv2
12-10-2012, 09:44 PM

You too did the right thing. Folks like "Roberta" just cannot except when
Diane acknowledges the Supreme Supreme......Ms. Mary Wilson! Even she knows the deal!

luke
12-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Good point. Its wonderful to post her broken ankle and wheel chair but when she does the right thing and thanks Mary, snide stuff starts. How do they ignore what she is saying? Gotta laugh.

marv2
12-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Good point. Its wonderful to post her broken ankle and wheel chair but when she does the right thing and thanks Mary, snide stuff starts. How do they ignore what she is saying? Gotta laugh.

They or some seem to cannot stand it when Diane agrees with me! LOL! Mary deserves a LOT of thanks and recognition.

Roberta75
12-10-2012, 10:34 PM

We all saw this years ago and know what exactly what game you playing and what you are trying to stir up my dear. LOL

skooldem1
12-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 11:56 am:

Jimmy Mack [[luke)
6-Zenith
Username: luke

Post Number: 3060
Posted From: 64.12.116.139

Good for Diana. Mary has been always praised Flo and Diana[[Rock and Roll Hall of Fame etc) and its now great that this phenomenal singing group and Mary have been acknowledged by Diana in a public setting. Diana seemed freer last night-even talking about her age! Age can bring wisdom.

Here is the original thread:

http://faac.us/adf/messages/131452/145162.html?1182970989

I won't chalk it up to you playing games. With age, not only can it bring WIZdom, it can bring forgetfulness.

Roberta75
12-10-2012, 10:55 PM

Jimmy Mack [[luke)
6-Zenith

Good for Diana. Mary has been always praised Flo and Diana[[Rock and Roll Hall of Fame etc) and its now great that this phenomenal singing group and Mary have been acknowledged by Diana in a public setting. Diana seemed freer last night-even talking about her age! Age can bring wisdom.

I won't chalk it up to you playing games. With age, not only can it bring WIZdom, it can bring forgetfulness.

LOL. Thanks for the laugh skooldem1. I knew luke was stirring things up. He got Diane Ross on his mind 24/7. LOL

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

jillfoster
12-10-2012, 11:43 PM

Jimmy Mack [[luke)
6-Zenith

This is the first time the videoclip has been posted, shithead. Some of us appreciate such posting because we don't get BET and recieve our television through an antenna, of which BET is not a part.

skooldem1
12-11-2012, 12:07 AM
It is not. I can't locate the thread it was posted in. The video has been discussed- as recently as maybe within a year or two.

jillfoster
12-11-2012, 12:59 AM
It is not. I can't locate the thread it was posted in. The video has been discussed- as recently as maybe within a year or two.

I'm not talking about DISCUSSION of the video, I'm talking about the actual video clip.

skooldem1
12-11-2012, 01:14 AM
If you want to get technical, the video wasn't posted in this thread either. Just the link- just as it has been before- and most likely by the same person. Do you actually believe that the video/ or link to it has never been posted here before?

jillfoster
12-11-2012, 01:18 AM
The video was only uploaded a little over two months ago, so no, the video nor the link to the video has been posted before. The speech was discussed after the broadcast, but that is it.

skooldem1
12-11-2012, 01:27 AM
You just refuse to admit you are wrong. Do you think that that is the first time that video has been uploaded to youtube? Really?

marybrewster
12-11-2012, 01:39 AM
http://faac.us/adf/messages/131452/148016.html?1183407066

Here is the thread. Carlo posted the video June 28, 2007.

jobeterob
12-11-2012, 02:54 AM
That video's been on Youtube on and off for years.

There's nothing new except to a few silly twelve year olds who are still back in 1964 trying to get into Mary's dresses.

jillfoster
12-11-2012, 03:53 AM
Well fine, then... we are supposed to remember a thread from 5 1/2 fucking years ago?

jobeterob
12-11-2012, 04:17 AM
Well fine, then... we are supposed to remember a thread from 5 1/2 fucking years ago?

Well, Jill, look..............your friend Marv remembers things from 42 years ago, word for word, from rooms he wasn't in, from conversations he wasn't a part of, when he wasn't even there [[particularly if "Diane" said it or took a good swat at someone, generally Mary or Flo).

So, for every other good Supremes fan, you gotta be able to quote "chapter and verse" for a minimum 10 years back or we'll put you back to practicing in front of the mirror with a hair brush, 30 minutes a day for a month.

ejluther
12-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Great clip and lovely words from Diana...thanks.

smark21
12-11-2012, 08:57 AM
To be fair, Supremes fans love to rehash the same old things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

nathanj06
12-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Well, Jill, look..............your friend Marv remembers things from 42 years ago, word for word, from rooms he wasn't in, from conversations he wasn't a part of, when he wasn't even there [[particularly if "Diane" said it or took a good swat at someone, generally Mary or Flo).

So, for every other good Supremes fan, you gotta be able to quote "chapter and verse" for a minimum 10 years back or we'll put you back to practicing in front of the mirror with a hair brush, 30 minutes a day for a month.

Good one jobeterob. This material is too good. I see a reality show brewing called "Supremely Disturbed" centered around a support group for those who are overly traumatized 40 plus years later and can't cope with what went on in the lives of The Supremes. I'll ask Dr. Drew if he would be interested. Oh yeah, I KNOW him. May require straight jackets...with sequins perhaps??? :rolleyes:

nathanj06
12-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Point taken smark21. An A+ for spelling. If you stare at that for one minute you may see the image of a female singing trio. Three Degee's? Labelle? Martha & The Vandellas? The Shangri-Las without the fourth member? Take you time.

marv2
12-11-2012, 09:22 AM

I never saw that thread from back in the day. It was started the week my Dad passed away, so I never saw it at the time. There is nothing wrong with it being here now.

marv2
12-11-2012, 09:23 AM

Diana thanked Mary Wilson profusely. What's wrong with that?

nathanj06
12-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Ok kids. Very good. Now heads down, it's quiet time. :)

marv2
12-11-2012, 10:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k9CGAQwQbM

Kamasu_Jr
12-11-2012, 11:01 AM
To be fair, Supremes fans love to rehash the same old things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Funny as hell and so true.

luke
12-11-2012, 11:32 AM
OMG I never remember it being posted before and I saw this video was only up for two months. I really thought it was positive per Mary and Diana and Supreme fans. LOL keeping trackof posts. Get another hobby!! ON SD many new people appreciate hearing about things they hadnt known that were maybe discussed before. Why so upset peeps?

jobeterob
12-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Another of the things she has done is consider the requests from former colleagues for financial assistance.

marv2
12-11-2012, 12:56 PM
OMG I never remember it being posted before and I saw this video was only up for two months. I really thought it was positive per Mary and Diana and Supreme fans. LOL keeping trackof posts. Get another hobby!! ON SD many new people appreciate hearing about things they hadnt known that were maybe discussed before. Why so upset peeps?

They are upset because Dianah is publicly acknowledging the fact that Berry, Mary and others were very instrumental in her becoming a star and having a career. Yes Mary does deserves credit too. Good for Diana!

BigAl
12-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Holy moly!
32 replies in less than 24 hours to a to a re-posted four-and-a-half-year-old link?
Makes you wonder...

Jaap
12-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Holy moly!
32 replies in less than 24 hours to a to a re-posted four-and-a-half-year-old link?
Makes you wonder...

And which now has been deleted: This video contains content from Viacom, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

BigAl
12-11-2012, 07:23 PM
And which now has been deleted: This video contains content from Viacom, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Ha! The "Deus Ex Machina" steps in and settles things down!
This might be the digital equivalent of, "Do I have to stop this car? Don't make me stop this car!"

marv2
12-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Not fear! Here is the clip of Diane's speech from the 2007
BET Awards where she thanks Mary Wilson. From the BET website:

http://www.bet.com/video/betawards/2007/acceptance/diana-ross-acceptance-speech-beta-2007.html

arrr&bee
12-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,you guys make the[hatfields an mccoys]look like[seseme street]haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...supremes forever!!!

supremester
12-18-2012, 05:17 AM
Excellent! Have TWAT4EVR and MARYSFAN as the lead nut cases hounding chat rooms 24/7 spreading lies and vulgarities on a non-stop basis while Mary herself is cursing them and furious at their behavior cuz she believes it makes things even worse for the reunion she is counting on for retirement.

Good one jobeterob. This material is too good. I see a reality show brewing called "Supremely Disturbed" centered around a support group for those who are overly traumatized 40 plus years later and can't cope with what went on in the lives of The Supremes. I'll ask Dr. Drew if he would be interested. Oh yeah, I KNOW him. May require straight jackets...with sequins perhaps??? :rolleyes:

supremester
12-18-2012, 05:19 AM
Question: When has Mary "praised: Diana publicly? I missed it.

Jimmy Mack [[luke)
6-Zenith

smark21
12-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Mary congratulated Diana on her lifetime achievement Grammy on her Facebook page or Twitter feed earlier this year. And in the 70s Supremes Anthology liner notes, she says Diana did too good of a job for Mary to try to take over the leads and mess up. Mary has never put down Diana’s talent or abilities as a performer [[as far as I know); her putdowns have been more focused on Diana as a person.

Mary has her bitterness, but I don’t think she’s as consumed with bitterness as some glassy eyed Ross fanatics claim. If you want bitterness, google “Peter Hook New Order Joy Division breakup”. He makes whatever Mary wrote and said about Ross over the years seem like a lovefest.

supremester
12-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Thank you - I didn't know that. I have the anthology, but didn't recall it. That's one praise and one congrats. None in Mary's books. When I asked Mary, on radio call-in, why she had no kind words for Ross, including her magnificent lead vocals, work ethic and world class live performance skills - her reply was "everyone knows what Diana can do. I wrote about things they didn't know." Fair statement. I was just replying to Luke's "Mary has ALWAYS praised..." line, which, I now alter my response to "name 2" LOL.

I admit to being so glassy-eyed that I use Windex instead of Visine......once they take over your pod........ I wish good things for all Supremes. All. I wish Mary could let go of her Lynda thing it's harmful to the legacy and makes her appear bitter.

Mary congratulated Diana on her lifetime achievement Grammy on her Facebook page or Twitter feed earlier this year. And in the 70s Supremes Anthology liner notes, she says Diana did too good of a job for Mary to try to take over the leads and mess up. Mary has never put down Diana’s talent or abilities as a performer [[as far as I know); her putdowns have been more focused on Diana as a person.

Mary has her bitterness, but I don’t think she’s as consumed with bitterness as some glassy eyed Ross fanatics claim. If you want bitterness, google “Peter Hook New Order Joy Division breakup”. He makes whatever Mary wrote and said about Ross over the years seem like a lovefest.

smark21
12-19-2012, 09:39 PM
In her interview with Tavis Smiley on PBS last week, she credited Motown and Diana Ross singing those hits for allowing her to be able to have a career doing what she loves: performing.

supremester
12-20-2012, 06:01 PM
That's 2 - or, 1 every 13 years - thank you. That Travis Smiley interview is my fave Mary interview - she's candid, gets her plugs in and appears to be having fun. Mary's comment on Ross was not lost on me, it's great if she has moved in that direction, a rather new direction since evidently The Bego Bugle has little of it. I'm not saying Mary or anyone should worship Her Most Supreme Highness [[unless they choose to, natch) but Mary knows what went down and to not her her her her her props is as false as, well........ you know.......

In her interview with Tavis Smiley on PBS last week, she credited Motown and Diana Ross singing those hits for allowing her to be able to have a career doing what she loves: performing.

marv2
12-20-2012, 07:31 PM
That's 2 - or, 1 every 13 years - thank you. That Travis Smiley interview is my fave Mary interview - she's candid, gets her plugs in and appears to be having fun. Mary's comment on Ross was not lost on me, it's great if she has moved in that direction, a rather new direction since evidently The Bego Bugle has little of it. I'm not saying Mary or anyone should worship Her Most Supreme Highness [[unless they choose to, natch) but Mary knows what went down and to not her her her her her props is as false as, well........ you know.......

Diana Ross thanked Mary Wilson profusely in front of a national audience and sent her love.

jobeterob
12-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Mary Wilson has said in a couple of recent interviews that one of the reasons for the success of the Supremes was due to Diana Ross's voice. When you have these recent revelations that song and song from the very earliest hits forward have a variety of backup singers behind Diana Ross, it is obvious what Mary states is correct.

TheMotownManiac
12-20-2012, 08:37 PM
She certainly did, Lamb "........to ALL The Supremes - especially Mary Wilson - I send her my love..." I know how she feels. My sister screwed me out of almost half of my net worth - I still love her, I can't control that -I know I always will.. but I avoid her at all costs. The bitch calls me last April boo hooing because they've decided they shouldn't $338.00 a sq foot for tile for their master bath in their new mans - and I'm sposed to feel sorry for huh????

Diana Ross thanked Mary Wilson profusely in front of a national audience and sent her love.

marv2
12-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Mary Wilson has said in a couple of recent interviews that one of the reasons for the success of the Supremes was due to Diana Ross's voice. When you have these recent revelations that song and song from the very earliest hits forward have a variety of backup singers behind Diana Ross, it is obvious what Mary states is correct.

Yet Diane thanks Mary for her success. I always knew it was a group effort and it was a classy, mature thing for her to do in front of a national television audience.

marv2
12-20-2012, 08:46 PM
She certainly did, Lamb "........to ALL The Supremes - especially Mary Wilson - I send her my love..." I know how she feels. My sister screwed me out of almost half of my net worth - I still love her, I can't control that -I know I always will.. but I avoid her at all costs. The bitch calls me last April boo hooing because they've decided they shouldn't $338.00 a sq foot for tile for their master bath in their new mans - and I'm sposed to feel sorry for huh????

I'm sorry to hear that. Your sister sounds mean.