PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Pete Rivera Interview

test

ralpht
12-10-2012, 06:31 PM
I clipped this from the Rare Earth World web-site. A site I heartily recommend, by the way.

http://www.keysandchords.com/article-peter-rivera-interview.html

RossHolloway
12-10-2012, 07:15 PM
@RalphT - Thanks for posting that, I love reading interviews like that. It's unfortunate that after all this time RE is still Standing in the Shadows.

ralpht
12-10-2012, 08:26 PM
You're welcome, Ross. Yeah, a really great band that got treated poorly by it's record company and some of the print media.

marv2
12-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Ralph, thank you! I've commented on this before, but I will again. Rare Earth deserves so much more recognition than they have received [[yes! including the Sunliners). I was very happy that Pete spoke out about things. Rare Earth has been one of my favorite groups
[[along with Supremes, Four Tops, Temptations, G. Knight & the Pips) since the sixties. It is time now to honor them in the right way!

Marv

Doug-Morgan
12-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Very nice, and thank you for posting it. I didn't know he lived just down the road [[well, 135 miles east) of me. Don't run into many Detroit ex-pats in this part of the country.

ralpht
12-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Marv,
The only thing the interview didn't get quite right is putting Pete in the top 20 drummer category. I'm voting for top 5.

Doug,
Pete has been there a few years now. Look him up.

RossHolloway
12-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know if there are any unreleased Rare Earth tracks in the vaults?

ralpht
12-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Ross,
On the Rare Earth World forum, they occasionally discuss the live concert in Chicago. I'm familiar with it since Russ engineered the concert. Many would like to see Universal release this concert to the public. I suppose Harry Weinger has some say in this, but I'm not sure if there are any future plans for this.