PDA

View Full Version : new Detroit pied piper cd from ace-kent

test

honest man
12-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Pied Piper Presents A New Concept In Detroit Soul Various Artists [[Pied Piper)

£11.50

Pre order from Ace

Free delivery in the UK

Save item

Availablity:Genre:Northern SoulLabel:KentFormat:CDCatalogue Id:CDKEND 389ShareThis

Track listing
Delivery & Returns
Customer reviews

Side 1

I Can't Hold On [[original version) - Lorraine Chandler

Stuttering Sam - September Jones

Gamblers Blues - Nancy Wilcox

This Heart Is Lonely - Rose Batiste

She Won't Come Back - The Hesitations

Just Can't Leave You - Tony Hester

We Go Together - The Cavaliers

That's When I Need You - Freddy Butler

Give Me All Of Your Love - September Jones

That's What Love Is - The Pied Piper Players

Time Changes Things - Willie Kendrick

I Fell In Love [[Can't Help It) - Freddy Butler

Could It Be - Mikki Farrow

I Hear Music - Lorraine Chandler

I'm Coming Home - September Jones

Mend The Torn Pieces Of My Heart [[original version) - Lorraine Chandler

He'll Be Leaving You - The Pied Piper Players

Chink A Chank Baby - September Jones

I'm Not Built That Way - The Hesitations

In The End - Nancy Wilcox

If Only You Knew - Mike & Ray

Lonely Too Long - The Sandpipers

Tears Keep Falling - Sam E Solo

Tell Me You're Mine - Lorraine Chandler

honest man
12-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Would love an expanded Freddy Butler Dab Of Soul cd,Just Because you've been hurt one of my all time loves,Ace -Kent, Ady TAKE NOTE, cheers.

robb_k
12-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Wow! I didn't know that Rose Batiste recorded for Pied Piper!

snakepit
12-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Wow indeed......I'm 'avin this :)

dave_clegg
12-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Wow! I didn't know that Rose Batiste recorded for Pied Piper!

Neither did I !!

mark speck
12-10-2012, 05:58 AM
Ady, you've done it again!!

Best,

Mark

jsmith
01-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Pied Piper Productions finally get a UK hit record after some 45 years
Kent CD enters UK Pop Chart @ No.108 today
NEW 108 PIED PIPER PTS A NEW CONCEPT IN DETROIT SOUL VARIOUS ARTIST -- ACE

Some tracks off this CD [[the dancers) to be made available on vinyl 45's in a couple of months.
Volume 2 will be along next year.

mr soul
01-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Another excellent compilation. Volume 2 please?

Kamasu_Jr
01-31-2013, 01:27 PM
But are the songs any good? There's good Detroit music and not so good Detroit music.

davemac3
01-31-2013, 04:53 PM
But are the songs any good? There's good Detroit music and not so good Detroit music.

are you kidding? this is quality from start to finish, will be one of the CDs of the year

Kamasu_Jr
01-31-2013, 04:55 PM
are you kidding? this is quality from start to finish, will be one of the CDs of the year

Maybe one of the CDs of the year to the Northern Soul fans. I know it's obscure stuff, but there's usually a reason for its obscurity. They didn't play much of the tracks [[those that actually were released) in Detroit. There was so much quality stuff being recorded in Detroit and only the best stuff got airplay. I wanna hear some sound samples/bites.

davemac3
01-31-2013, 05:39 PM
One of the Cds of the year for all fans of Detroit Soul imo

Try here
http://www.juno.co.uk/products/pied-piper-presents-a-new-concept-in-detroit-soul/477583-01/

144man
01-31-2013, 06:57 PM
The samples have persuaded me to buy this.

dave_clegg
02-01-2013, 10:03 AM
A must buy CD, EXCELLENT. The music is sublime and the sleeve notes surpass even Kent's high quality standard.

WELL DONE Ady a long awaited follow up to Rare Collectable and Soulful 1 &2.

Kamasu_Jr
02-01-2013, 12:19 PM
I heard some sound samples, but nothing to make me part with my cash...not yet! I also noticed most of the raves in this thread are from fans in the UK, not those in the US. That's a red flag right there because tastes in the UK are so different.

ady_croasdell
02-01-2013, 02:32 PM
I heard some sound samples, but nothing to make me part with my cash...not yet! I also noticed most of the raves in this thread are from fans in the UK, not those in the US. That's a red flag right there because tastes in the UK are so different.
I know what you mean Kamasu, especially as Northern Soul was originally driven by the dancefloor. However try Tony Hester Just Can't Leave You, Sam E Solo Tears Keep Falling, The Hesitations She Won't Come Back, Freddy Butler That's When I Need You
and September Jones I'm Coming Home on You Tube so you can hear them in full and if you don't dig them then it's not going to be for you. You'd also enjoy The Cavaliers We Go Together and Lorraine's I Hear Music but they are previously unissued and probably not on there yet. When Kent do Northern slanted CDs we include a large amount of soul sides that any soul fan would enjoy, very few are 100 % Northern and this certainly isn't. It's a very important chapter in Detroit Soul history though and has been cherished in the UK for decades. Ady

mark speck
02-04-2013, 02:30 AM
I'm here in the US, Kam, and I WOULD buy this CD...I've been bored with the overplayed hits for quite some time, which is one of the reasons I'm so into Northern soul.

Best,

Mark

lorraineC
02-26-2013, 02:04 AM
This is the first album I've ever done that charted in the U.K. As an artist and writer then, it's wonderful to hear some of my early work and my loud booming voice that had to be trained and commericalized to sell a few records. :D It's also wonderful to hear The Funks throw down on the tracks even though we couldn't say it was them.

Lorraine Chandler

calvin
02-26-2013, 08:51 AM
This is the first album I've ever done that charted in the U.K. As an artist and writer then, it's wonderful to hear some of my early work and my loud booming voice that had to be trained and commericalized to sell a few records. :D It's also wonderful to hear The Funks throw down on the tracks even though we couldn't say it was them.

Lorraine Chandler

Congratulations Lorraine! It's great to hear from you here, and great to be able to hear all these recordings. You deserve the recognition, it's long overdue.

Best Regards,
Calvin

lorraineC
02-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Congratulations Lorraine! It's great to hear from you here, and great to be able to hear all these recordings. You deserve the recognition, it's long overdue.

Best Regards,
Calvin

Hi Calvin,

Thanks for the congrats! I'm here, just not vocal enough [[no pun intended!). If needed, just give a shout out and I'll respond. Take care,

Lorraine

MIKEW-UK
02-28-2013, 05:48 PM
A taster....
:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V0ERdSU9GA

MIKEW-UK
02-28-2013, 05:51 PM
great stuff....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzVEUsYldyU