PDA

View Full Version : R&B Royalty Mary Wilson Of The Supremes Reminisces On The Motown Days [[LISTEN)

test

marv2
12-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Listen to Mary Wilson as she sings talks about the first time Stevie Wonder came into the studio, her time with Marvin Gaye and her relationship now with Diana Ross!

http://myhoustonmajic.com/2866428/rb-royalty-mary-wilson-of-the-supremes-reminisces-on-the-motown-days-listen/

stephanie
12-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Love the way she sounded singing into the mike and hitting those low notes.

Methuselah2
12-02-2012, 02:03 AM
That is one lively interview, Marv. Very much alive. Thanks so much for posting it. Mary did so much for the group for so long and no other member has done as much to keep the memories alive for those of us who so well remember The Supremes in their earliest days to those who joined in on the fun as the group moved along and experienced change after change. And even for the fans who came later than that. From the first time I saw her perform with Diana and Flo, it was impossible not to notice Mary's great beauty and unquestionable sex appeal and her remarkable relaxed quality, as if being on stage performing was the most natural thing in the world for her to be doing. Each of the original Supremes was very special in her own way--Flo with her charm, beauty, stately elegance, and unmistakable friendliness that always seemed to me to be combined with a bit of tentativeness and hesitancy; Diana with her intense ability to entertain and give everything she had, as if the music took control of her body until she and the music were one and her natural musculature and face-splitting gorgeous smile made it useless to resist and not be mesmerized by all she could do with her unique beauty and talent. Hearing Mary in this new interview made so many things come back to me simply because she spoke with the same joy and excitement that I heard back in The Supremes' heyday. And it was wonderful to hear it again now.

luke
12-02-2012, 05:00 PM
I cant hear it. Can some post the highlites? Thx

Methuselah2
12-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Here ya go, Luke:

Mary mentioned being one of the Supremes, along with Flo and Diane; she coined the term "no-hit Supremes"; thanked Berry for putting them together with HDH who developed their sound and tailored the music to them; they had glamour and were Afro-Americans on TV so their popularity had more to do with more than just the music; the Funk Bros. backing them were made up of who was available to play; James Jamerson smoked cigars during recording; all the girls in the recording studio always watched Marvin Gaye; the day 9-yr.-old Stevie Wonder came to the studio, he played many instruments right then and there; she and Diane still speak; dresses exhibit; working on a coffee table book; the play/movie DREAMGIRLS is not about the Supremes but was clearly inspired by them; group's early product commercials, TV specials, etc.; she spent a couple of million dollars on trying to stop fake groups; Truth in Music bill passed in approx. 30 states; hoping eventually for Federal court passage; does Pilates, yoga; her single LIFE'S BEEN GOOD TO ME; Lena Horne show she's in; sang a bit of YESTERDAY WHEN I WAS YOUNG a cappella.

luke
12-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Great thx, Methus