PDA

View Full Version : Brenda Holloway "I'll Always Love You" Video & Interview w/ Dick Clark

test

caliluv
11-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Just came across this. I remember when it aired. About this time, I had fallen deeply in love with Brenda. :) Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30HmJSDvkG0&feature=relmfu

honest man
11-27-2012, 03:47 PM
.Great clip. love it, will see Brenda and Kim at Liverpool in FEB, cheers

caliluv
11-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Another video with Brenda and Dick Clark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZf_rppcnm8&feature=relmfu

RossHolloway
11-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Wow! Thanks for posting those two clips. I had no idea that Brenda had appeared on AB. What a great find.

mowsville
11-27-2012, 08:15 PM
hi...Honest Man are they doing any more dates in the u.k or just Liverpool?

honest man
11-28-2012, 06:58 AM
mowsville i don't know,the last few years David Gest has brought many artists to Liverpool for concerts.the one in Feb will FEATURE Kim Weston, Brenda Holloway, GC Cameron,Percy Sledge,Candi Staton, Billy Paul,Shirley Alston,and a few more i can't think off at moment,try google but think may only be Liverpool.cheers.

luke
11-28-2012, 12:19 PM
U r not the only one caliluv!! Thx much.

randy_russi
11-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Great great great!!! What an honorable intro he gives her too. I remember her on AB
in 67 doing "Just Look What You've Done".
It is a real shame Motown didn't really back her. And she only had the one lp.

phil
11-29-2012, 04:26 AM
And she only had the one lp.

Randy,in England they also released the beautiful "The Artistry" :

http://www.popsike.eu/pix/20111110/250929188404.jpg

SIDE 1: TOGETHER 'TIL THE END OF TIME, EVERY LITTLE BIT HURTS, WHERE WERE YOU, I'VE GOT TO FIND IT, UNCHAINED MELODY, HURT A LITTLE EVERYDAY, I'LL BE AVAILABLE, YOU'VE MADE ME SO VERY HAPPY.

SIDE 2: I'VE BEEN GOOD TO YOU, TOO PROUD TO CRY, I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU, OPERATOR, WHEN I'M GONE, YOU CAN CRY ON MY SHOULDER, JUST LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE, STARTING THE HURT ALL OVER AGAIN.

shoo-be-doo
11-29-2012, 09:15 AM
"in England they also released the beautiful "The Artistry"

That was a stunning album and released in both mono and stereo! Although from the cover you might have expected an album of violin solos! I'm amazed that it was released in the UK at all as Brenda had never had a hit UK single.

RossHolloway
11-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Great great great!!! What an honorable intro he gives her too. I remember her on AB
in 67 doing "Just Look What You've Done".
It is a real shame Motown didn't really back her. And she only had the one lp.

It made me smile hearing Dick Clark talk about Brenda. She indeed has an amazing delivery and singing voice. It's hard to believe she was still a teenager in those two clips. I think as fans we are so LUCKY to have even the limited recordings that she did while at Motown. I can only imagine all the undiscovered material that's still in the vault.

mysterysinger
12-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Great clips. "I'll Always Love You" has always given me chills too, the song probably my number 1 Motown song [[though The Spinners song of the same name runs it close). Faultless performance by Brenda in the clip and how good to see her well received by the host and by the audience.