PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson Interview KGO Radio 9/23/2010

test

des123
09-24-2010, 09:37 PM
http://vaca.bayradio.com/kgo_archives/?d=4

click on the 11am - 12 pm show

not sure when Mary comes on, but she is on til the end of the show [[12 pm)

jobeterob
09-25-2010, 02:28 AM
Thanks Des. It was good. A lot of this was just the regular stuff. But there were things that were new. The talk about Diane and Diana..........and how it wasn't all planned and it is just something she can't really change after always saying Diane. And these kinda goofy guys that phoned in...........like she'd remember them. I cringed a bit. Wonder if any of them are on SD!

Thanks for putting it up; I enjoyed it.

blueskies
09-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Did anyone ask Mary about "that" CD that lingers.....?

jobeterob
09-25-2010, 12:49 PM
It came up somehow I think...............but I'm not sure exactly what was being referenced.............I believe the answer was it is still coming/lingering.

des123
09-25-2010, 03:30 PM
I think she said in a few months during the interview

topdiva1
09-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks Des. It was good. A lot of this was just the regular stuff. But there were things that were new. The talk about Diane and Diana..........and how it wasn't all planned and it is just something she can't really change after always saying Diane. And these kinda goofy guys that phoned in...........like she'd remember them. I cringed a bit. Wonder if any of them are on SD!

Thanks for putting it up; I enjoyed it.

If they where "...goofy guy" who thought she should remember them - they are for sure on SD!!!! LMAO

RossHolloway
09-27-2010, 01:18 PM
How many times can she talk about the whole Diana vs Diane thing? I mean really? Does she still call Stevie Wonder by his birth name? What does she call Smokey Robinson? William? Bill? What name did she use when talking to or about Autrey DeWalt? And in her books did she spell Marvin's last name as Gay or by his showbusiness name as Gaye? And I'm sure she knew Tammi before she changed her last name, but what does she refer to her as? Montgomery or Terrell? I know this is a trite conversation, but that little thing has always annoyed me about Mary Wilson, and I say this as a fan.

topdiva1
09-27-2010, 02:40 PM
I do not understand why Mary harps on this for the last 25 years or so!! Diane or Diana - when actually all you need on the billboard is ROSS!!

jobeterob
09-27-2010, 05:28 PM
My only comment on this is that in this interview Mary says something like the name issue is nothing, it doesn't matter, she just doesn't use Diana because she wasn't used to it, but could...........and that kind of thing.

She's saying there is nothing to it. Which leaves us wondering why a few obsessed fans "live it" like it was their last breath of air.

marv2
09-27-2010, 10:13 PM
At this LATE date, it really doesn't matter now does it? LOL!!!!!

jobeterob
09-28-2010, 12:37 AM
No but it is nice to see Mary talking in a warm and human way and not in that mean spirited way which you used to talk on SD in and which you use on Youtube.

bradsupremes
09-28-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't get why people have such a problem with Mary saying Diane. I've heard a lot of people still refer to her as Diane. In Peter Benjamin's recorded interviews with Florence, she refers to Diana as Diane. I've heard Cindy call her Diane. Just recently I went to hear Dennis Edwards speak at the Rock Hall and they asked him about working on TCB and he referred to her as Diane. Even Barbara Martin in the "Meet The Supremes - Deluxe Edition" calls her Diane. There were several others who I've heard refer to Diana as Diane. If people are going to have a problem with Mary calling her Diane, then they should have a problem with everyone else from the old Motown days. What does it matter if they call someone by a name they grew up knowing? Diana doesn't have a problem with it, why should we?

jonc
09-28-2010, 12:21 PM
No but it is nice to see Mary talking in a warm and human way and not in that mean spirited way which you used to talk on SD in and which you use on Youtube.

Oh Marvie-poo may play Miss Congeniality here at SD but he is still mean spirited and very nasty about Miss Ross and Miss Laurence over at his little "private" Mary Wilson Original Supreme Yahoo group. His youtube comments are just plain vile.

carlo
09-28-2010, 01:31 PM
I agree, Brad. To them, she's Diane, their old pal and Motown peer. To us, she's Diana Ross.

jobeterob
09-28-2010, 02:28 PM
It's generally a big nothing.

It's only made something by crazed fans like Marv who think Diane is somehow aware of it and kept in her place [[whatever that is) by it. And it's fairly clear Mary really couldn't care less either.

MissLish
09-28-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't get why people have such a problem with Mary saying Diane. I've heard a lot of people still refer to her as Diane. In Peter Benjamin's recorded interviews with Florence, she refers to Diana as Diane. I've heard Cindy call her Diane. Just recently I went to hear Dennis Edwards speak at the Rock Hall and they asked him about working on TCB and he referred to her as Diane. Even Barbara Martin in the "Meet The Supremes - Deluxe Edition" calls her Diane. There were several others who I've heard refer to Diana as Diane. If people are going to have a problem with Mary calling her Diane, then they should have a problem with everyone else from the old Motown days. What does it matter if they call someone by a name they grew up knowing? Diana doesn't have a problem with it, why should we?

You know bradsupremes, Mary now opens her show with a number of Supremes Songs: Baby Love, Where, Back In My Arms, Stop! and it seems appropriate and right. So appropriate that the first night she got a Miss Lish standing oh, and by the third night, other audience members were also standing. It was appropriate. And one thing is for certain, those songs ALWAYS get the crowd moving. As for myself, I needn't hear any of them ever again; however, it was interesting to watch the musicians actually create the Motown sound. That was really special.

I also got an opportunity to chat up Parnell; sadly, he was not aware of who any Internet Marysfan might be when Miss Lish axed him directly. LMFAO!

Mary was on fire and brilliant all three nights; if anyone cares. Sang and performed her heart out. I am hopeful she gets the recognition she so richly deserves.

jobeterob
09-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks Miss Lish. Your concert was a mirror of Diana's Calgary concert - same experience. I cringed when Baby Love and Stop in the Name of Love got such huge ovations and the whole crowd standing to do the Stop sign! But the crowd loved it and was definitely moving.

I was sure Parnell would have been right on his back on the floor in anticipation but it sounds like you got a "deer in the headlights" look; who would have thought! Shocks happen all the time but why do I think this is exactly what you expected. At least you didn't have to lead Mary to think you were one of her "loonfans".

marv2
09-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Diane is not even of interest to me and most of America anymore.

What was funny about Mary's radio interview is that she had wrote about one of the guys that called in to the show in her first book, but she could not remember! LOL!!!

robbert
09-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Smiling faces sometimes... beware of the pat on the back.

jonc
09-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Diane is not even of interest to me and most of America anymore.!

ROTFLMFAO. Then how come 90% of your postings over at your Mary Wilson Original Supreme Yahoo group are about DianE.

jonc
09-28-2010, 10:39 PM
I also got an opportunity to chat up Parnell; sadly, he was not aware of who any Internet Marysfan might be when Miss Lish axed him directly. LMFAO! .

You mean Parnell had never ever heard of Marv or his "hush hush" Motown 50th Anniversary Network TV Special that has yet to air. Surely Mary Wilson must have discussed Marfib's Motown 50th Anniversary Network TV Special with Parnell?

jillfoster
09-29-2010, 01:37 AM
My only comment on this is that in this interview Mary says something like the name issue is nothing, it doesn't matter, she just doesn't use Diana because she wasn't used to it, but could...........and that kind of thing.

She's saying there is nothing to it. Which leaves us wondering why a few obsessed fans "live it" like it was their last breath of air.

Randy Taraborelli is one of them who has bellyached in TV interviews about the "Diane" thing. Just FYI.

topdiva1
09-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Randy Taraborelli is one of them who has bellyached in TV interviews about the "Diane" thing. Just FYI.

That girl will bellyache on a dime, and on cue for any one willing to pay her to get on TV.

jobeterob
09-29-2010, 11:24 AM
It must burn that Randy topped Tony in such a big way.

Jonc..........what are those YouTube names Marv used besides Oceanbound; just in case I pass that on to Rhonda or Fred or Diana's friends on here.

jonc
09-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Jonc..........what are those YouTube names Marv used besides Oceanbound; just in case I pass that on to Rhonda or Fred or Diana's friends on here.

DetroitLives313, Detroit60, Marysfan and who knows how many other names he uses when bashing Miss Ross on youtube.
His "Detroit60" was banned and removed from youtube last year for making homophobic threats in the comments section of an Endless Love video. Like all cowards he goes in and remove a lot of his comments if confronted. I doubt Miss Ross, Miss Wilson, Fred or Rhonda are aware of him. It's rather telling that Parnell told Miss Lish he had never heard of Marysfan.

The phone calls he "claims" he gets from Mary Wilson are more than likely about as real as the "hush hush" Motown 50th Anniversary Network TV Special he "announced" he was working on last year.

jobeterob
09-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks Jonc. And I'm sure you are right; this is only a SD problem. As Miss Lish says, you don't want to talk about this type of thing outside the family or you'll be admitted to the loon fans.

topdiva1
10-01-2010, 08:31 PM
DetroitLives313, Detroit60, Marysfan and who knows how many other names he uses when bashing Miss Ross on youtube.
His "Detroit60" was banned and removed from youtube last year for making homophobic threats in the comments section of an Endless Love video. Like all cowards he goes in and remove a lot of his comments if confronted. I doubt Miss Ross, Miss Wilson, Fred or Rhonda are aware of him. It's rather telling that Parnell told Miss Lish he had never heard of Marysfan.

The phone calls he "claims" he gets from Mary Wilson are more than likely about as real as the "hush hush" Motown 50th Anniversary Network TV Special he "announced" he was working on last year.

Wow i can do a study on the attitudes here for my next class. Really - you think to little of each other, and too much of yourselves.

Very Ross -

smark21
10-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Wow i can do a study on the attitudes here for my next class. Really - you think to little of each other, and too much of yourselves.

Very Ross -

You're starting to sound like Esoterroca from yahoo.

midnightman
10-02-2010, 06:56 PM
We'll never have a Supremes-related thread without arguments, are we?

topdiva1
10-02-2010, 08:48 PM
You're starting to sound like Esoterroca from yahoo.

Like I would know who esoterroca is.

jonc
10-05-2010, 01:06 AM

Very Ross -

Bless you Viscountess.

StuartUK
03-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Hello,
I went to the link you gave for the Mary Wilson interview. I then downloaded 11am - Noon. When I listened to it it did not have Mary on it. You you point me in right direction as love to hear it please as not heard it before as live in UK

Thanks

Stuart

http://vaca.bayradio.com/kgo_archives/?d=4

click on the 11am - 12 pm show

not sure when Mary comes on, but she is on til the end of the show [[12 pm)

luke
03-17-2011, 06:33 PM
LOL topdiva per JRT, ROFL; it's just nonsense and to find a reason to bash Mary. Ironically in JRT's book almost everyone calls her Diane past and present. Cindy calls her Diane and Diana as does Mary; and all the others mentioned above; maybe she even prefers Diane or believe me Berry et al wouldnt still be calling her that.