PDA

View Full Version : Supremes @ Cannes-Never saw this Before!

test

Jimi LaLumia
11-18-2012, 11:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BwD8Wi_GOQ&feature=share

Penny
11-18-2012, 12:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BwD8Wi_GOQ&feature=share

Jim, that was incredible.

Thank you-
Penny;)

Roberta75
11-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Jim, that was incredible.

Thank you-
Penny;)

I second that Miss Penny. Diane Ross and the Supremes were top of they game in this clip.

Have a blessed and peaceful Sunday my dear.

Fondly,

Roberta

franjoy56
11-18-2012, 09:40 PM
I second that Miss Penny. Diane Ross and the Supremes were top of they game in this clip.

Have a blessed and peaceful Sunday my dear.

Fondly,

Roberta

If I closed my eyes I would swear I was listening to Live At the talk of the Town, and to me The Supremes were at the Top of their game vocally Live at the Roostertail 1966. visually the gowns in 1968 put them over the top, but not vocally.

jillfoster
11-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Those dresses sure look awesome. I can't imagine wearing something that weighs 35 pounds. Some have said there is no WAY those gowns can weigh that much, but when you see them in real life and realize those beads are all lead crystals, then you KNOW why they weigh so much. They don't call em the chandelier gowns for nothin.

randy_russi
11-18-2012, 11:00 PM
I saw them wear those gowns on a TV show performing Reflections way back then and I
know they are wearing them in the lp cover photo for the Talk of the Town lp.

BigAl
11-20-2012, 05:17 PM
The chandelier gowns possessed an extra feature because the mirror discs which were scattered over them would catch the spotlights and reflect them like stars all over the concert hall, like a mirrored disco-ball but in a random pattern as they danced. It was a really nice effect. The group got a LOT of mileage out of those frocks. I know they wore them as late as the JML years.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe it was the pink padded, beaded gowns, not the chandelier gowns, which purportedly weighed 30-odd pounds.