PDA

View Full Version : Martha & The Vandellas - Dancing In The Street

test

theboyfromxtown
11-17-2012, 06:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJtiTsetlvU&feature=BFa&list=UUoe4nim44-MvpGRq31oU5NQ

How I missed this before I do not know but thanks to Trevor and Calvin for pointing it out.

This is not from the time when it was originally released but nevertheless, a classic performance

theboyfromxtown
11-17-2012, 06:52 AM
If you want to go straight to the Vandellas, try 40 seconds

westgrandboulevard
11-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Very many thanks for posting this, theboyfromxtown!

Like you, I'd not seen it before....

Kamasu_Jr
11-17-2012, 09:12 AM
I believe this performance is on Soul Rewind, a PBS special produced by TJL. I've got it in the library.

midnight johnny
11-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks, John.....I hadn't seen it either.....they look SO great!
John

Roberta75
11-17-2012, 11:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJtiTsetlvU&feature=BFa&list=UUoe4nim44-MvpGRq31oU5NQ

How I missed this before I do not know but thanks to Trevor and Calvin for pointing it out.

This is not from the time when it was originally released but nevertheless, a classic performance

The best group and the best lead singer ever to come out of Motown Records and the First lady of Motown Miss Martha Reeves still look and sound as good today as she did back in the 60's. Miss Reeves has a God given natural talent like no other.

My God continue to bless The First Lady of Motown records Miss Martha Reeves.

Roberta

nathanj06
11-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Wonderful clip. Probably the greatest song to come out of Motown. A perfect match for Martha & The Vandellas. Many covers but no one can touch this.

nabob
11-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks for posting, John. I remember the days when posting videos gave you a run for the money. My how you've grown. Look at you now. [LOL].

smark21
11-17-2012, 03:16 PM
They all look like they’re having fun in that clip, especially Rosalind.

Methuselah2
11-18-2012, 03:30 PM
What a sensational clip! Thank you so much for posting. This is the first time I've seen this one. And another first for me--they're wearing identical wigs! That just might be a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence. A definite Motown first, as far as I recall. And the girls still looked and performed just great. But the matching wigs trend came and went in the blink of an eye. As perhaps it should have.

franjoy56
11-18-2012, 10:22 PM
No the wigs made the look of the 60's those sasson wigs are and are still fabulous, matter of fact I own one and I love to wear it. Flo and Diana wore those wigs with more flare in the mid 60's Mary not so much.

Methuselah2
11-19-2012, 02:47 AM
Identical dresses? Fine; expected; par for the course.
But identical wigs, all worn at the same time for the same performance? That's going a little too far.
But I agree--the Vidal Sassoons cuts were--and still are--wonders of invention and creativity. And all who wore them looked great in their variations of the cut and shape--including Flo, Tammi, and Brenda in addition to the Vandellas. And, of course, Diana, who seemed made for it.

cheekylincs
11-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Fantastic performance............really well choreographed and they all look like they're having such a good time. Thank you theboyfromxtown for posting this as I've never seen this before

marybrewster
11-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Wow! What an amazing clip; I've never seen before!

Love the wigs and the "Sparkling Teardrop" dresses.