PDA

View Full Version : Valerie Simpson on OPRAH's NEXT CHAPTER tomorrow Nov 11th

test

milven
11-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Valerie is interviewed on Oprah tomorrow. Valerie tells Oprah the inspiration behind one of the duo's most unforgettable hits, "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" -- and reveals why she and Nick didn't record it themselves. "I couldn't do -- Nick couldn't do -- what Diana Ross could do, what Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell [could do]," she tells Oprah.

Valerie opens up about the loss of her husband of 37 years, and about their musical legacy, on "Oprah's Next Chapter," Sunday, November 11, 2012, at 9 p.m./8C on OWN.

Motown4Ever518
11-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Thank you Milven, after gorging myself on American Football, this will be a most welcome respite.

luke
11-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Interesting-thx. She and Nick sure had as much magic IMO-still get goosebumps when their harmony peaks on certain songs.

nomis
11-11-2012, 05:15 AM
I hope she is doing ok..the love between her and Nick always shined through..

Kamasu_Jr
11-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Man, this was a really good interview. You could tell Valerie Simpson REALLY loved Nick Ashford. I felt sorry for all of those times I wished he would just let her sing-alone. They were like one person.

motony
11-12-2012, 12:40 PM
I really enoyed watching this last night, jus wish it could have been the whole hour. I was lucky enuff to see them LIVE twice & getting to meet them in late 80's.They were genuinely nice to talk to.Glad Valerie has her daughters to lean on.

thisoldheart
11-13-2012, 10:03 PM
anybody got a link to this?

milven
11-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Great interview. She was mourning her husband and Ashford & Simpson. It was tough for her, and you see in the interview that she is still going through the process of mourning.

I wish the interview were longer too, but I was surprised and happy to see the second interview was with Bette Midler