PDA

View Full Version : British Motown Chartbusters Competition 1969

test

stopinthenameoflove
11-06-2012, 05:54 PM
I was going through my LP's tonight putting new plastic sleeves on them, and came across a leaflet in one of my LP's for the competition above - "Buy a new release Tamla album and win a Motown Mini"

The prize - a BMC Mini Deluxe with a radio and tape machine! And a special engraved plaque presented by Motown Records!

Did anyone enter? And does anyone here know who won?

Oh and for our friends not in the UK - a Mini is a car :)

theboyfromxtown
11-06-2012, 07:08 PM
I know I didn't win! But most of the tracks I chose ended up on Motown Chartbusters Volume 3.

If I was to guess the album where you found the leaflet.....do I get any brownie points for guessing "Funny Girl". LOL

snakepit
11-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I had a press cutting about the competition but it was after the event.And I was only 13/14 at the time. I think it was a photo of the winner and the Mini.....I'm sure it had a Tamla Motown licence plate for show purposes.

stopinthenameoflove
11-06-2012, 08:18 PM
I know I didn't win! But most of the tracks I chose ended up on Motown Chartbusters Volume 3.

If I was to guess the album where you found the leaflet.....do I get any brownie points for guessing "Funny Girl". LOL

No brownie points for xtown! I found the leaflet in 'Sophisticated Soul' when I posted. I found another a bit later in 'Love Child'!

snakepit
11-07-2012, 07:09 AM
There was a big prmotional push for Motown albums around 1968/9. I had a EMI/TM booklet featuring the new LPs , with the track listings etc. The Mini competition would presumably be in support of this push.

stopinthenameoflove
11-07-2012, 08:55 PM
There was a big prmotional push for Motown albums around 1968/9. I had a EMI/TM booklet featuring the new LPs , with the track listings etc. The Mini competition would presumably be in support of this push.

Thanks Snakepit, I would love to know what happened to that Mini!