PDA

View Full Version : Narada michael walden talks about whitney, aretha, producing and sooo much more

test

glencro
11-04-2012, 06:25 AM
Great interview http://sodajerker.com/episode-14-narada-michael-walden/

glencro
11-04-2012, 06:33 AM
Never knew that he produced "We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off" for Jermaine Stewart or wrote "License To Kill". He also speaks on when Whitney Houston dated Eddie Murphy.

soulster
11-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I really love NMW own solo albums too. He's an exceptional drummer, but never gets recognized as such.

nomis
11-11-2012, 05:21 AM
there was a terrible clash in the studio between Aretha and Whitney when they were laying vocals down when Michael recorded their 1989 duet "It Isnt,It wasnt,It Aint Never Gonna Be "..two fiery ladies with definite views about how to sing a song..apparently he did his best to soothe the tensions but all of them were disapointed with the track..

nomis
11-11-2012, 05:28 AM
there was a terrible clash in the studio between Aretha and Whitney when they were laying vocals down when Michael recorded their 1989 duet "It Isnt,It wasnt,It Aint Never Gonna Be "..two fiery ladies with definite views about how to sing a song..apparently he did his best to soothe the tensions but all of them were disapointed with the track..

soulster
11-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Walden didn't talk too much about Whitney. The interview was about his career. he talked about a lot of people. Man, he loves to talk! And, he really loves the ladies! Their smile, theirs smell, their bodies...BOOM!

smark21
11-11-2012, 08:00 PM
He had a distinct production style. I liked the songs he produced for Brenda Russell’s 1990 album Kiss Me with the Wind, especially the song “Stop Running Away”.

soulster
11-11-2012, 10:29 PM
He had a distinct production style. I liked the songs he produced for Brenda Russell’s 1990 album Kiss Me with the Wind, especially the song “Stop Running Away”.

I hated his production style once he started producing other artists. It was loud and trebly.