PDA

View Full Version : EXCLUSIVE: That's Supreme: Diana Ross is to be paid $500000 by Naomi Campbell.

test

David J
11-03-2012, 03:44 AM
EXCLUSIVE: That's Supreme: Diana Ross is to be paid $500,000 by Naomi Campbell to perform for her boyfriend's 50th birthday
By Sara Nathan [[http://soulfuldetroit.com/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Sara+Nathan)
PUBLISHED: 17:01, 2 November 2012 | UPDATED: 02:05, 3 November 2012

Comments [[0) [[http://soulfuldetroit.com/tvshowbiz/article-2226958/Diana-Ross-paid-500-000-Naomi-Campbell-perform-boyfriends-50th-birthday.html#comments)
Share [[http://soulfuldetroit.com/#socialLinks)

Supermodel Naomi Campbell is flying superstar Diana Ross to India to perform at her billionaire boyfriend’s lavish 50th birthday party.
The 42-year-old model is believed to be paying her fellow diva more than $500,000 to perform at the bash in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, MailOnline can reveal.
Miss Campbell has invited a string of A list friends to the Indian extravaganza that she has organised for Russian businessman Vladimir Doronin, who will celebrate his 50th birthday on Wednesday.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/02/article-2226958-0212D44A00000514-744_634x804.jpg Hey big spender: Naomi Campbell is to fly Diana Ross to India to perform for her Russian boyfriend Vladislav Doronin at a fee of $500,000

She is flying Miss Ross, 68, to India by private jet for the two-day event next week.
The celebrations will include one event at a palatial hotel and another at a historic fort.
Locals have already said they think one of the venues will be the Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur.
Umaid Bhawan Palace is one of the largest residences in the world and the last of the great palaces of India.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/02/article-2226958-0023070200000258-170_306x476.jpg Top star: Diana Ross will entertain guests at the lavish party

It was built for H.H. Maharaja Umaid Singh ji, and is described as being ‘perched high above the desert city of Jodhpur, this golden-yellow sandstone extravaganza, designed by renowned Edwardian architect Henry Lanchester, reflects the Art Deco style of the 1940s.’
A two-night stay this month will cost more than $1700 – but the 64–room property has already been booked out next week.
Miss Campbell sent out email invitations that featured Mr Doronin underwater - 007 style - with a seabob, a hand-held propulsion device.
She is said to have used the services of Paris-based travel expert Omar Cherif, who owns OC Travel.
A source told Page Six: 'No expense has been spared. Naomi’s team is even helping their friends secure visas. It will be the party of the century.'
Miss Campbell and Mr Doronin have been dating since 2008, and in 2010 he threw her a lavish 40th birthday party on the French Riviera, flying in the Black Eyed Peas and Grace Jones.
The guest list featured Donatella Versace, Kate Moss, Giorgio Armani, Jennifer Lopez and Mr Doronin’s fellow Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich.
It is not the first time that Motown star Diana Ross has performed at a private party.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2226958/Diana-Ross-paid-500-000-Naomi-Campbell-perform-boyfriends-50th-birthday.html#ixzz2B8y7nHDJ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter [[http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline) | DailyMail on Facebook [[http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail)

Penny
11-03-2012, 10:30 AM
I have read on these boards that Diana Ross is broke so this gig and the money ought to come in handy.

$500,000 is a lot of AVON!

Penny:cool:

jobeterob
11-03-2012, 01:00 PM
As long as she votes before she goes, good for her. But that is an awful lot of money for anyone to have or get for a couple hours of work that you have done again and again and don't need to prepare for.

milven
11-03-2012, 07:20 PM
I have read on these boards that Diana Ross is broke so this gig and the money ought to come in handy.

$500,000 is a lot of AVON!

Penny:cool:

And we all know who wrote that on these boards. And we all know who is wishin and hopin that it were true. In the past few years , I've seen her in some pretty large venues including RCMH. Tickets were not cheap and the stuff being sold in the lobby for her had a high mark up. If she were broke, she would be running all over the world picking up whatever gig was available. She seems to pick and choose when she will perform. She is no fool. Why pass up a high paying gig like that?

Having said that, I think most entertainers, including TV stars, are overpriced.

jillfoster
11-03-2012, 10:28 PM
That is overpriced. She should have gotten Maxine Nightingale, she puts on a better show.

jobeterob
11-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Plus they could have gotten Maxine Nightingale for $1000.

simplysupreme
11-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Plus they could have gotten Maxine Nightingale for $1000.

Naomi got who she wanted and since she's writing the check, her opinion is the only one that really matters. Haters, be damned.

stephanie
11-04-2012, 01:06 AM
If I had 500.000 I would spend 20,000 of it to hear Johnny Rivers sing in front of me but there is no way I would pay that kind of money for anyone. She is with a billionaire though so I guess its chump change to them, I hope they give that much to charity.

David J
11-04-2012, 05:34 AM
If I had 500.000 I would spend 20,000 of it to hear Johnny Rivers sing in front of me but there is no way I would pay that kind of money for anyone. She is with a billionaire though so I guess its chump change to them, I hope they give that much to charity.

If I had the money and could easily afford it, I would definitely pay that amount to see my idol and the one and only Diana Ross perform privately for me, especially with my 40th Birthday coming up soon but unfortunately I can't, so I just have to make do with either a local DJ, playing lots of Ross/ Supremes tunes on the day or might able to afford a Diana Ross IMPERSONATOR for about a 1,200 fee.
:D
For Naomi to pay out that kind of money for a performer, I guess her or the super-rich boy-friend must be big Ross fans otherwise how do you justify anyone paying that amount of money for a 1-2 hrs performance?

RossHolloway
11-04-2012, 12:13 PM
If I was a billionaire I'd pay what ever it took to get Diana, Mary and Cindy to perform for 90 minutes!

marv2
11-04-2012, 12:39 PM
That is overpriced. She should have gotten Maxine Nightingale, she puts on a better show.

Maxine Nightingale is much better looking and sounding. I'm also sure she is much more pleasant to deal with.

Jimi LaLumia
11-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Maxine?...LOL.... as if....
Miss Ross' big payday comes next year, when "MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL", which is ALL about HER, puts her even higher in the catbird seat than she already is..

marv2
11-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Maxine?...LOL.... as if....
Miss Ross' big payday comes next year, when "MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL", which is ALL about HER, puts her even higher in the catbird seat than she already is..

She'll need it. They had huge fires sparked by Hurricane Sandy that ran her neighborhood in Greenwich, CT.

smark21
11-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Poor Diana Ross.

jobeterob
11-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Poor Diana Ross.

And also Poor Marv.

First, Berry gave all the rare promos to people he knew, like Kam's relatives; and skipped Marv.

Then Diana put him out of her concert.

Then someone reported him to Mary and she told him to leave her and Diana out of the cheap talk.

So, with some bitterness he's down to penniless, barefoot, voiceless Diana, soon be be played out on some New York Street ~ oh right, that's Broadway.

marv2
11-04-2012, 03:37 PM
And also Poor Marv.

Lie #1 Not poor here. I do rather well even in this economy.....

First, Berry gave all the rare promos to people he knew, like Kam's relatives; and skipped Marv.
Lie #2 I never asked Mr. Gordy for any "promos". I am very busy these days and am in and out of New York a lot these days, so......... LOL!
Then Diana put him out of her concert.
Lie # 3, She's never put me out of a concert or anywhere else. I would have sued her ass off! I don't attend anything involving Diane, not even by mistake.
Then someone reported him to Mary and she told him to leave her and Diana out of the cheap talk.
Lie #4, You've got to be outta your mind. That's not what she's said.......to me!
So, with some bitterness he's down to penniless, barefoot, voiceless Diana, soon be be played out on some New York Street ~ oh right, that's Broadway.

I don't understand your last comment at all so I'll let it slide unless you decide to clarify....

marv2
11-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Poor Diana Ross.

I know huh? Po Diane.......hehehehehehehe.......

skooldem1
11-04-2012, 04:28 PM
"Black girls Rock"

Two powerful beautiful black women.

franjoy56
11-05-2012, 12:18 AM
and then the Supremes without Diana Ross sang Up The Ladder to the Roof, Everybody's Got the Right to Love, and Stoned Love in an effort to create peace and harmony between us all, and people still cannot get along and Ross is in the drivers seat when it comes to unharmony and as she said at the Farewell show "now get back to your microphone."

jobeterob
11-05-2012, 02:39 AM
and then the Supremes without Diana Ross sang Up The Ladder to the Roof, Everybody's Got the Right to Love, and Stoned Love in an effort to create peace and harmony between us all, and people still cannot get along and Ross is in the drivers seat when it comes to unharmony and as she said at the Farewell show "now get back to your microphone."

Mary is all good with it; she doesn't say anything other than that a few fans need to cut the cheap talk. It's just them that don't listen; Mary is quite quiet and is going to Motown the Musical and has dumped most of the Supremes songs from her show!

luke
11-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Didnt Miss Ross used to charge a million for these kinds of things? Come on now Marv-reach out and touch...

skooldem1
11-05-2012, 10:07 AM
It is soooo funny to see you guys with your panties in a twist. You are just mad cause Diana is getting the royal treatment and getting paid for a 1/2 hour performance what it takes some entertainers 6 months to a year to make. LMAO. The more you post the more pathetic you sound.

marybrewster
11-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Cha-ching!

Good on Miss Ross; $500,000.00 for 2 days work? Some of us should be so lucky!

luke
11-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Can u imagine these two together??!! Both with extreme anger issues!! A spark could ignite massive pushing off the stage!!

marv2
11-05-2012, 11:59 AM

Well then she's in good company because Naomi Campbell has a huge reputation for being a very nasty person with violent outbursts from time to time.........

marv2
11-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Didnt Miss Ross used to charge a million for these kinds of things? Come on now Marv-reach out and touch...

Diane has apparently fallen on real hard times after getting involved with you know who. Now she is legitimately classified as a wedding and birthday party performer......."send in the clowns" indeed!

marv2
11-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Can u imagine these two together??!! Both with extreme anger issues!! A spark could ignite massive pushing off the stage!!

Exactly! Both with very nasty dispositions.

RossHolloway
11-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Wow the haters are out in full force over this thread. Stay pressed haters while Diana goes and collects her half million dollar check! hahahahahahahahahahaha

skooldem1
11-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Sisters are doin it for themselves.....

Two rich powerful black women..... I love it !!!

luke
11-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Marv--who is u know who?? email me necessary!

luke
11-05-2012, 02:07 PM
If Diana is down on the bucks, I guess Mary can expect a call!LOL

franjoy56
11-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Mary is all good with it; she doesn't say anything other than that a few fans need to cut the cheap talk. It's just them that don't listen; Mary is quite quiet and is going to Motown the Musical and has dumped most of the Supremes songs from her show!

I don't need anybody to tell me to cut the cheap talk, this is fact. Freedom of speech should not be limited to telling people not to mention something that was said on stage whether it was in fun or a serious comment, that Ross comment back in 1970 was probably said in fun..

Roberta75
11-05-2012, 02:47 PM

Your BFF is implying Diane Ross was involved with Bernie Madoff and lost all her money which is a vicious lie.

Roberta

franjoy56
11-05-2012, 02:52 PM
and I am thrilled that Diana is getting work, we have not seen her on stage in recent times, and hopefully we will get to see the performance in some form, I will be going to see Mary's Supremes gown collection in philly in jan.

I am thrilled Diana is getting this gig, she has not been on stage in recent years, and look forward to hearing the reviews. I will be going to see Mary's Supremes gown collection in Philly for the 3rd time

swi

skooldem1
11-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Diana Ross had to extend her American tour 3x. It just ended last year I think. She toured for almost 2 years.

simplysupreme
11-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Diana Ross had to extend her American tour 3x. It just ended last year I think. She toured for almost 2 years.

And is getting ready to tour again early next year.

simplysupreme
11-05-2012, 03:53 PM

So quick to comment on people's issues when it's obvious you got some stuff of your own that needs "addressing."

skooldem1
11-06-2012, 12:31 AM
I know that this has been reported everywhere, but has this been confirmed, or is it just an internet rumor that has spread like wild fire?

marv2
11-06-2012, 04:20 AM

Ok Luke, I'll send ya one

marv2
11-06-2012, 04:26 AM
and I am thrilled that Diana is getting work, we have not seen her on stage in recent times, and hopefully we will get to see the performance in some form, I will be going to see Mary's Supremes gown collection in philly in jan.

I am thrilled Diana is getting this gig, she has not been on stage in recent years, and look forward to hearing the reviews. I will be going to see Mary's Supremes gown collection in Philly for the 3rd time

swi

That's true Fran. Diana Ross has not done much of anything in recent years. This could be good for her career. It would be interesting to see how she sounds now.

marv2
11-06-2012, 04:29 AM
And is getting ready to tour again early next year.

Now that doesn't make any sense. Diana Ross has stated publicly and repeatedly that she hates touring. According to her most staunch fans ,she does not need to do it. She does not need the money..............Oh well. LOL!!!!

marv2
11-06-2012, 04:32 AM

I can imagine Naomi hitting Diane in the head with her cell phone if she gets just a bit aggitated. LOL

marv2
11-06-2012, 09:05 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/naomi-campbells-roll-of-shame-read-795002

Outraged Naomi Campbell has added to her long list of temper tantrums by punching a camera and storming out of an interview after she was asked if she had received a “blood diamond”.

It’s not the first time the fiery super model has courted controversy. She has been accused of a string of outbursts in the past, here are her Top Ten 'hits'.

February 2000: Pleads guilty to a 1998 assault on Georgina Galanis, her then assistant. Campbell had assaulted Galanis with a telephone in a hotel room and threatened to throw her out of a moving car.

November 2004: Accused of allegedly head-butting personal assistant Amie Castaldo in the face, biting her on the lip and yanking her to the ground by her hair while screaming: “You f*****g worthless bitch”.

August 2005 : Accused of leaving actress friend Yvonne Scio “covered in blood” after a row over a skimpy outfit.

Columbia 2005: Naomi allegedly lost her temper in Bogota airport after bags containing her designer dresses and shoes were mistakenly sent to Houston, Texas.

March 2006: Hit housekeeper Ana Scolavino with jewel-encrusted mobile phone. Given five days’ community service in 2007.

July 2006: Allegedly slapped assistant Amanda Brack and beat her around the head with a BlackBerry. Settled out of court.

October 2006: Naomi was arrested after an alleged assault on her drugs councillor.

June 2008: Naomi paid out "thousands of pounds" to Slovakian housekeeper Ivana Lovas who took her to court claiming she was a victim of racial and sexual discrimination.

June 2008: Naomi carried out 200 hours' community service for kicking and spitting at police after going "berserk" on an aircraft at Heathrow.

January 2009: Naomi reaches a settlement with former maid, Gaby Gibson, who claimed that she verbally and physically abused her.

skooldem1
11-06-2012, 02:09 PM
I guess the story of Diana being there is true. They have a picture of her arriving at the link below. Diana looks GREAT after traveling half way around the world. Just look at how grand, how majestic, and how awe inspiring this location is. Must be a dream for someone to perform there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2228375/Naomi-Campbell-draws-A-list-Kate-Moss-Diana-Ross-Sir-Bob-Geldof-arrive-beaus-lavish-birthday-party.html

jobeterob
11-06-2012, 02:58 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2228375/Naomi-Campbell-draws-A-list-Kate-Moss-Diana-Ross-Sir-Bob-Geldof-arrive-beaus-lavish-birthday-party.html

Excellent article. Great pictures.

That kind of wealth is too much for a country with so many poor.

I see the writer of the article consulted Marv and while calling everyone else by name, addressed Diana as "Superstar, Miss Ross".

captainjames
11-06-2012, 04:50 PM
WOW I believe in good Karma and this good for the DIVA.
BAM !!!!!!

marv2
11-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Shades of "Let them eat cake." Hosting such a lavish party in a country enduring breathtaking poverty is in very poor taste.

- suebeehoney , cincinnati, 06/11/2012 04:00

captainjames
11-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Wish I could be there for this event and concert. Hmmmmm

marv2
11-06-2012, 07:18 PM

Why would you want to got to the birthday party for some guy you don't even know?

theboyfromxtown
11-06-2012, 07:28 PM

I'll go with ya if you can arrange the invites!!

jobeterob
11-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Published on November 6, 2012 by SAReporter · No Comments 0
Diana Ross arrives in Jodhpur, India on Nov. 6, 2012. The legendary soul singer plans to attend the 50th birthday celebrations of British supermodel Naomi Campbell’s billionaire boyfriend Vladimir Doronin. STRDEL/AFP/Getty Images
Jodhpur, Nov 6 [[IANS) Supermodel Naomi Campbell’s international guests will be treated to Rajastahni cuisine – kair-sangri, bajra-roti, dal fry, kadhi, mix vegetable, lal maas, tava roti and much more – when they join her here Tuesday to celebrate her Russian boyfriend Vladimir Doronin’s 50th birthday.

The Rajasthani cuisine, prepared by over two dozen renowned chefs, will be laid out at the majestic Mehrangarh Fort.

“Tuesday is going to be great fun for celebrities. On the eve of Vladimir Doronin’s birthday, several celebrations have been planned. There will be about 18 different kinds of Rajasthani dishes for the celebrities apart from several other dishes and drinks,” said an official on condition of anonymity.

Campbell has spared no effort to make it a memorable bash for her millionaire Russian boyfriend.

A source from the fort said that even the decor is inspired by Rajasthani culture.

“The fort’s Jaipol, Dedh Kangra Pol, Imarati Pol, Suraj Pol, Loha Pol and several other areas have been given a beautiful look with Rajasthani paintings, handicraft items, royal oil lamps and other heritage items,” said the source.

Musician and activist Sir Bob Geldof arrives in Jodhpur, India, on Nov. 5, 2012. Geldof is in the country to attend the 50th birthday celebrations of British supermodel Naomi Campbell’s billionaire boyfriend Vladimir Doronin. STR/AFP/Getty Images
Celebrity guests started arriving here Monday.

“A ‘huge party’ is being organized on the eve of the birthday today [[Tuesday). About 125 high profile celebrity guests are likely to participate in the party,” said an official of an event management company involved with the preparations.

Hollywood big names Leonardo DiCaprio and Will Smith are expected for the party.

“Everything – from dinner to decorations – is based on Rajasthani culture. There is a sophisticated lighting outside the fort, however, the scene will be entirely different inside.

“The Daulat Khana would be entirely lit up with royal oil lamps rather then electrical lights. It will be a beautiful experience for the guests who would be seated on special Rajasthani beds called ‘macha,’” added the source from the event management company.

Jimi LaLumia
11-06-2012, 08:54 PM
I would LUV to go and see the Divine DIANA ROSS in full glory!.. she was amazing at Radio City Music Hall not too long ago..

bradsupremes
11-06-2012, 11:37 PM
This constant bickering back and forth about Diana and Mary is nonsense. Do you guys honestly expect these ladies to be touring and be as busy as they were when they were 25 years old? They have families and grandchildren. I'm sure they love the work, but neither lady is broke. They don't need to be working all the time. They both had have incredible careers. Diana is one of the most successful female artists of all-time. Mary is, without a doubt, the most successful member of a group to have a lasting career. I love both ladies equally. Why can't any of you?

milven
11-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Diana's net worth is 160 million and Mary's net worth is 8 million. Neither of them needs to worry about where their next meal is coming from. Both still love to perform, but I don't think either has to do it in order to survive.

David J
11-07-2012, 05:23 AM
Diane has apparently fallen on real hard times after getting involved with you know who. Now she is legitimately classified as a wedding and birthday party performer......."send in the clowns" indeed!

Do you know just how pathetic you sound???????, who in their right mind would turn down 500,000 for a 1-2hr job??? an amount many stars don't even make in 6 months.

I suppose you wouldn't have any problem and would have been dancing around in glee if to say it was Ms Mary Wison getting ask to perform for half a million for a couple of hours show.
As skooldem said, the more you post your petty hatred here, the more pathetic you sound.
You mate just comes across as jealous and pathetic with your relentless bashing of Diana, incredibly sad really. [[do you really think your idol Mary would approve of your hatred of Diana ????)
By the way, a lot of big celebs does private parties, don't be mad just because there isn't any high profile celeb demand for Ms Wilson's service.

captainjames
11-07-2012, 06:33 PM
John, if I go I can't think of a better friend to have with me for the show.

I'll go with ya if you can arrange the invites!!

jobeterob
11-07-2012, 07:14 PM
I want to go too; if you can come up with a way, I can get a ticket.

It's sad when you read a jealous post on here and hear in your head"jealousy, envy, misery, you can't see behind smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes"

Something is terribly wrong when you are so obsessed in hatred over people you don't even know. It's like the most horrible family dispute. People wonder, with good reason, if medication isn't necessary.

smark21
11-07-2012, 09:24 PM
And this thread is rather amusing. A couple of Mary Wilson fans, or more accurately, anti Diana Ross fans, are all upset about Ross getting this gig. And then there are a couple of Diana Ross fans who feel their fandom of Ross is re-validated because she landed a 500k gig.

It should be noted many musicians will do these sort of private party gigs if the price is right. Though sometimes, it can end up being an embarrassment. For instance, Beyonce had to apologize early last year when it was revealed she had performed a birthday party gig for Libyan dictator and international terrorist Col. Khadaffi, who in 2011 was finally being overthrown. And Elton John was properly shamed in public when it was discovered he performed at the wedding of the very homophobic and anti gay Rush Limbaugh.

The Campbell gig in India certainly is not as bad as the Beyonce and Elton John gigs, but there is a whiff of obscenity to it as there is great poverty in India and all this money is being spent for Campbell, her boyfriend and their friends, primarily of the 1% set to party and have a good time while many people are suffering. True, it’s their money, but it’s a bit tacky and justifies that it’s time to increase taxes on the wealthy.

David J
11-08-2012, 03:48 AM
I want to go too; if you can come up with a way, I can get a ticket.

It's sad when you read a jealous post on here and hear in your head"jealousy, envy, misery, you can't see behind smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes"

Something is terribly wrong when you are so obsessed in hatred over people you don't even know. It's like the most horrible family dispute. People wonder, with good reason, if medication isn't necessary.

I do try not to get involved with any of the anti-Mary or anti Diana nonsense on this site, which I really don't know why I bother, it is like teen girls making catty, immature remarks about Diana. "You don't like her, we get it"!!!!! to the posters that are so rude and disrespectful to her legacy and persona......as if they know her personally.

There isn't really any call for the catty & spiteful remarks "Marv" or "Jillfoster" makes here about Diana, it just makes them comes across as really petty and it does put the Ross fans & some Supreme fans who loves all the Supreme Ladies off this forum, I love visiting this forum and reading people's messages but when all the catty, petty remarks starts on the Supremes, especially Diana, it really is a put off but no matter what I will always visit this amazing forum and defend my DIVA when the need be:D

theboyfromxtown
11-08-2012, 02:43 PM
There's a picture of Diana Ross at the party on the Daily Mail website

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2229491/Vladimir-Doronin-birthday-A-fascinating-glimpse-Naomi-Campbells-Indian-extravaganza.html

nomis
11-11-2012, 05:26 AM
Campbells favourite song of all time is Diana's masterful "Now That Your Gone"..her late close friend make up artist Kevin Aucion used to play it to her when he was doing Campbells make up..she writes about how special the song is to her in the tribute book to his work...