PDA

View Full Version : Any One Who Hears This Recording [[Knows What I'm Going Through)

test

Methuselah2
11-02-2012, 01:05 AM
Following up on the recent release of The Supremes' I HEAR A SYMPHONY - EXPANDED EDITION, is there a definitive word on who's really singing back-up on ANY GIRL IN LOVE? I was always certain it was Flo and Mary, possibly Diana, too. But after hearing the similarity to the back-up on Kim Weston's version, I'm no longer sure. Was I wrong all these years to think it was Flo, Mary, and Diana? The harmonizing on that recording, to me, is what makes it so special. It was a perfect blend. And it produced a mesmerizing sound.

ANY ONE OUT THERE KNOW [[and Know What I'm Going Through)?

robb_k
11-02-2012, 01:09 AM
I always thought the girls backing up Kim Weston were The Andantes.

Methuselah2
11-02-2012, 01:20 AM
Could Kim's version be the real question? Could her back-up be by Flo, Mary, and Diana at an earlier time, then re-used for Diana's lead version?

reese
11-02-2012, 09:31 AM
The notes in the WHERE DID OUR LOVE GO 40th anniversary set mention that Diana alone recorded the song, using the same track and background vocals that Kim used.

Kamasu_Jr
11-02-2012, 10:08 AM
The Andantes striked again!

bradsupremes
11-02-2012, 10:21 AM
It's the Andantes on both versions. No Mary, Flo, or Diana in the background. This is an example of a song that confuses people into thinking if it's the Supremes or the Andantes. Sounds very similar to another song that has been debated recently regarding the background vocals. Compare the two songs' background vocals. They are very similar in sound.

RossHolloway
11-02-2012, 11:19 AM
It's the Andantes on both versions. No Mary, Flo, or Diana in the background. This is an example of a song that confuses people into thinking if it's the Supremes or the Andantes. Sounds very similar to another song that has been debated recently regarding the background vocals. Compare the two songs' background vocals. They are very similar in sound.

What was the other song?

Methuselah2
11-03-2012, 11:34 PM
The notes in the WHERE DID OUR LOVE GO 40th anniversary set mention that Diana alone recorded the song, using the same track and background vocals that Kim used.

Reese, the way I read those 40th Anniversary notes--and thank you very much for pointing them out--it would seem The Supremes as back-up ended up on both Diana's and Kim's leads. Am I mis-reading them?

reese
11-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Reese, the way I read those 40th Anniversary notes--and thank you very much for pointing them out--it would seem The Supremes as back-up ended up on both Diana's and Kim's leads. Am I mis-reading them?

I think so.

Maybe the notes for the WDOLG set confused some fans because the notes for the new I HEAR A SYMPHONY set specifically say that "Diana Ross recorded new vocals to [[Kim)Weston's backing track, while Mary and Flo did not, leaving the Andantes, who backed Kim's original to sub as Supremes."

franjoy56
11-04-2012, 11:52 PM
I think so.

Maybe the notes for the WDOLG set confused some fans because the notes for the new I HEAR A SYMPHONY set specifically say that "Diana Ross recorded new vocals to [[Kim)Weston's backing track, while Mary and Flo did not, leaving the Andantes, who backed Kim's original to sub as Supremes."

I was amazed that that voice on agilkwigt was not Flo but an Andante. Then again on Unchained Melody i thought that was the Andantes now after hearing the extended version I hear Mary and Flo, how amazing both sets of girls sound like each other. but Mary and Flo have certainly had their share of singing background on many other artist besides their own Supremes recodings. http://soulfuldetroit.com/images/icons/icon6.png