PDA

View Full Version : TEENA MARIE - New Single "LUV LETTER" from forthcoming album 'Beautiful'

test

hwume
10-29-2012, 06:16 PM
http://www.soulbounce.com/soul/2012/10/teena_marie_writes_us_a_luv_letter.php

True to her Motown roots, Lady T quotes "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours" and "Please Mr. Postman."

Full disclosure: I worked with the family to bring this album to UMe. We're thrilled about it.

summer96
10-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Is her daughter gonna sing on the cd, Her daughter and Bobbi Kristina should sing together lol

RossHolloway
10-30-2012, 09:56 AM
http://www.soulbounce.com/soul/2012/10/teena_marie_writes_us_a_luv_letter.php

True to her Motown roots, Lady T quotes "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours" and "Please Mr. Postman."

Full disclosure: I worked with the family to bring this album to UMe. We're thrilled about it.

Thanks for the project. Teena is sorely missed

splanky
10-30-2012, 10:49 AM
She still had it. Still could sing circles around a lot of so-called "R&B Divas"....

luke
10-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Great work hvume!!

Kamasu_Jr
10-30-2012, 11:57 AM
So was this recorded while she was under contract at Motown?

soulster
10-30-2012, 10:58 PM
So was this recorded while she was under contract at Motown?

No. It's music she was working on before she passed.

Frankly, i'm glad she didn't sound like that when she was at Motown.

Kamasu_Jr
10-31-2012, 11:24 AM
I can only take Teena Marie in small doses.

soulster
10-31-2012, 06:04 PM
I can only take Teena Marie in small doses.

I love Teena Marie, but, to be perfectly honest, there are only two of her albums I can listen to all the way through: "It Must be Magic" and "Irons In The Fire". To me, the rest are spotty or outright boring.

jack020
11-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Looking forward to the album, hope it will be as good as Congo Square!

skooldem1
11-01-2012, 11:59 AM
In her prime, Teena was so good. A friend once told me that they didn't care for her voice because it was "wobbly" and they couldn't take alot of her. I just knew that I liked her voice and music and didn't know, or realize what they were talking about. Ever since then, that is what I notice when listening to her [[the wobbles). It takes nothing away from the enjoyment of listening to her music, but I can see why some people choose to only take her in small doses.

jack020
01-14-2013, 02:59 AM
Heard the album yesterday, was not disappointed: especially the second half of the songs sound great!

soulster
01-14-2013, 10:32 AM
In her prime, Teena was so good. A friend once told me that they didn't care for her voice because it was "wobbly" and they couldn't take alot of her. I just knew that I liked her voice and music and didn't know, or realize what they were talking about. Ever since then, that is what I notice when listening to her [[the wobbles). It takes nothing away from the enjoyment of listening to her music, but I can see why some people choose to only take her in small doses.

That "woobbliness", as your friend calles it, is called vibrato in music. When it is sustained, it is called "melisma".

Actually, in western music, the amount of vibrato is how we tend to judge singing ability. Of course, the amount that people have in their singing is purely subjective.

R. Mark Desjardins
01-16-2013, 06:36 PM
That you soulster for your insight into the term vibrato as it applies to vocal performance!