PDA

View Full Version : Any News on Diana Ross Baby It's Me?

test

tamlaUK
10-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Hi

Is there any news on Diana Ross' 'Baby It's Me' being released as an expanded edition?

ANyone care to hazzard a guess at what bonus tracks may appear on this set?

Kamasu_Jr
10-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Universal/Motown in Japan is reissuing Baby It's Me next week. No bonus tracks are on it.

ejluther
10-28-2012, 03:41 PM
I, too, am eagerly awaiting the HIP-O select expanded edition of BABY, IT'S ME and will be sitting out the Japanese release. As for the HIP-O bonus tracks I can only say that, based on George & Andy's track record, they'll be stellar and well worth having...

alanbill1074
10-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Country John and Brass Band hopefully. There's also a version of Gettin' Ready For Love on the UK Portrait album which has a longer fade than the BIM one. As far as I remember this is the only record containing this version.

I also saw that an acetate of a 5:50 minute version of Top Of The World exists - probably a lost 12" mix.

skooldem1
10-29-2012, 08:17 AM
I may have to consider getting this one and the album "Ross" with "Never say I don't love you" and "Where did we go wrong. That is the one I really want. I can wait for the supreme deluxe treatment for the BIM album.

Sacramento John
11-15-2012, 06:22 PM
I wonder what happened to this release from HIPO? The last Diana Ross solo expanded release was back in Feb!!!! Any news?! Will we see anything more [[after the Mary Wells set) from HIPO before 2012 ends?

Motown Andy
11-15-2012, 10:52 PM
The official announcements have not yet been made, so I cannot give specific dates, but both Baby It's Me and Ross [[78) will be issued via Hip-O in 2013. Each will be remastered from the original masters, and both will have incredible bonus tracks. Worth the wait. :-)

lakedistrictlad1
11-16-2012, 06:09 AM
Fantastic news Andy. The news we have all been waiting for. Now I know I don't have to shell out on the expensive Japanese editions.
'Baby It's Me' is still one of my all time favourite Ross albums. It is a solid album from start to finish. Can't wait to hear what's in store on the expanded edition.
And 'Ross' is one of those albums that - I suspect - by getting the expanded treatment, will finally become the solid album it always should have been instead of the unfathomable half hearted effort it became on release in 1978.

nathanj06
11-16-2012, 11:22 AM
I own four Diana Ross cds. The first three and The Boss. It will be interesting to see what they do with Ross 78. The repeat of Reach Out I'll Be There was always odd to me. I liked several of the songs on there so it will be an improvement in an expanded edition.

RossHolloway
11-16-2012, 11:58 AM
What albums are left to be Expanded after these two releases? The only albums that haven't been touched are Diana's live albums and tv/movie soundtracks...

thommg
11-16-2012, 12:34 PM
What albums are left to be Expanded after these two releases? The only albums that haven't been touched are Diana's live albums and tv/movie soundtracks...

You mean you aren't interested in a Working Overtime expanded edition? ;-)

nathanj06
11-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Oh please no.

RossHolloway
11-16-2012, 12:46 PM
You mean you aren't interested in a Working Overtime expanded edition? ;-)

Actually I'd love to have expanded editions on all her RCA albums. I bet there are some great outtakes.

alanbill1074
11-16-2012, 01:25 PM
I don't see why the expanded series has to end at her first Motown tenure. I would prefer to see her late 80s/90s albums re-issued above any TV/Live albums, which I have little interest in seeing expanded. I'd rather have more studio material from her more recent career.

Her RCA albums getting the reissue treatment seems to get further out of reach over time. I was amazed to see the 12" of "Swept Away" make it onto CD recently, although I expect it is a vinyl transfer.

whitesoxx
11-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Her RCA albums getting the reissue treatment seems to get further out of reach over time.

BBR tried to release them but either EMI or Ms Ross herself didn't want them to do it. Would also love great sounding remasters, especially of her "Swept Away" album which to me is her finest RCA/EMI album.

alanbill1074
11-16-2012, 05:28 PM
BBR tried to release them but either EMI or Ms Ross herself didn't want them to do it. Would also love great sounding remasters, especially of her "Swept Away" album which to me is her finest RCA/EMI album.

I also submitted Ross and Swept Away a couple of years ago via Cherry Red and got nowhere either. Both immediately rejected. If they happen it will be in the USA.

greg jones
11-16-2012, 09:23 PM
i believe that the RCA albums are co-owned by Sony and Ms. Ross in the US. The rest of the world is EMI and Ms. Ross. Though with Universal buying part of EMI [[there are some exceptions via parts of Europe), this may change things. Because they are co-owned by Ms. Ross means that her permission would have to be obtained and possibly her involvement.

pghmusiclover
02-26-2013, 02:49 PM
I just thought I'd bump this to see if there is any movement on releasing this? It doesn't seem like Hip-o Select has updated their website since late in 2012.

Kamasu_Jr
02-26-2013, 03:01 PM
I don't think it's coming soon.

JohnnyB
02-27-2013, 11:11 AM
I don't think it's coming soon.
There was so much conversation about Baby It's Me as an upcoming release, I really expected it in late 2012. Hopefully, we will updated soon. Maybe closer to the release dates of the 50th anniversary collections in April.

davidh
02-27-2013, 12:38 PM
i think ,possibly ,with the motown musical around the corner,March 11 is the opening,i would think that they r going to flood the market with motown hits cds etc and maybe universal is waiting for the launch of the musical to tie in with pr on any new releases. i am guessing that a new release is coming soon.hopefully, i am patienlty waiting for both. i also think there is a supremes cd coming this year as well. i think if they keep going in the order they have been , A GO GO is next up in line.?i am also guessing at April for any new cds

dba
02-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Please add my voice to those who are eagerly waiting for BIM.

Andy/Harry any hint?

MotownLover
02-27-2013, 10:33 PM
FYI - Do you all realize that Andy Skurow's father passed away last weekend in Las Vegas, NV? If that is the case, I'm certain that Andy's not currently in the mood to talk about upcoming Hip-o Select Motown releases. He's in a state of bereavement, which he ought to be.

soulster
02-27-2013, 10:51 PM
FYI - Do you all realize that Andy Skurow's father passed away last weekend in Las Vegas, NV? If that is the case, I'm certain that Andy's not currently in the mood to talk about upcoming Hip-o Select Motown releases. He's in a state of bereavement, which he ought to be.
Realize it? We didn't know it! Is everyone supposed to magically know the personal business of everyone?

jobeterob
02-28-2013, 01:11 AM
Andy is on Facebook and it is fairly public knowledge; many SD people are on FB and he'd probably add more of us so long as we have a civil reputation. Many many people have expressed their condolences on FB. Perhaps such a thread should be started on SD. Andy's father was 68 years old.

MotownLover
02-28-2013, 01:59 AM
I only learned of Andy's loss when somebody made mention of it on Midnight Johnny's Nightflight program last night. I went to a posted link which leads to a memorial page for his late father. Sorry about how I pointed this out to those who were not aware.

MotownLover
02-28-2013, 02:03 AM
Carole Cucumber posted:

Johnny,
I'm not sure if you know.... Andy Skurow's father, Michael died. You [[and many others who recognize Andy's contributions to the music we love as well as his gracious and informative appearances here at Nightflight) may want to sign the guestbook or to send a personal condolence.

http://obits.reviewjournal.com/obitu...78#fbLoggedOut

nathanj06
02-28-2013, 08:11 AM
My condolences to Andy.

Kamasu_Jr
02-28-2013, 11:19 AM
My condolences to Andy Skurow as well.

JohnnyB
02-28-2013, 03:58 PM
My condolences to Andy Skurow as well.
Heartfelt condolences to Andy from me as well. Be strong. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

hobocamp
03-06-2013, 11:18 PM
UMG Select [[which I guess is how HipoSelect will now be known) tweeted this just a few minutes ago:
I know we've been pretty quiet, but we are hard at work on some incredible Motown & Verve compilations. Stay tuned, pre-sales start next wk!

Hopefully this will include Baby It's Me!

carole cucumber
03-06-2013, 11:21 PM
https://twitter.com/search?q=hiposelect

https://twitter.com/umgselect

carole cucumber
03-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Hopefully this will include Baby It's Me![/QUOTE]

Not so sure about that one.
Looks like we'll finally get the full tracklist for the 50th Anniversary Collections of Martha Reeves & the Vandellas & of the Four Tops.

jboy88
03-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Oh! So uh... you guys already knew! LOL! I just posted a thread about the name change!

dba
03-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Next week sounds very promising! My fingers are crossed.

JohnnyB
03-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Next week sounds very promising! My fingers are crossed.
My fingers are crossed also. And just as many have speculated, this coincides perfectly with the previews of Motown: The Musical.

carole cucumber
03-17-2013, 10:41 AM
UMG Select [[which I guess is how HipoSelect will now be known) tweeted this just a few minutes ago:
I know we've been pretty quiet, but we are hard at work on some incredible Motown & Verve compilations. Stay tuned, pre-sales start next wk!

Hopefully this will include Baby It's Me!

Harry Weinger has answered questions on Twitter [[March 15 & 16) concerning 'Baby It's Me' stating that the release has been delay and no official release date has been scheduled.

Penny
03-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Harry Weinger has answered questions on Twitter [[March 15 & 16) concerning 'Baby It's Me' stating that the release has been delay and no official release date has been scheduled.

Thank you Carole. I don't do the twitter yet so I did not know what was going on with "Baby It's Me." I love that album and am looking forward to having it come out expanded.

I always appreciate your knowledge and you are always so pleasant. Some people here are quite mean.

Penny:o
SD AVON Rep.

R. Mark Desjardins
03-17-2013, 04:39 PM
As much as we are all pining for the release of "Baby It's Me," perhaps some new recording session has come to light at the eleventh hour and the decision was made to add to the package, or correct or add to the liner notes. In any event, no wine should be served before its time. As difficult as it is to wait a little longer, Harry knows exactly what he is doing and I leave the final decision in his more than capable hands.

Kamasu_Jr
03-17-2013, 08:46 PM
There is that Japanese reissue of BIM.

davidh
03-18-2013, 09:51 PM
dang, was hoping for a spring release