PDA

View Full Version : Bobby and the Supremes

test

luke
10-22-2012, 11:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tzmkfjmwfE&feature=g-vrec Id never seen this full clip before. Nice performance though Flo didnt look too happy.

antceleb12
10-22-2012, 04:18 PM
It's a great clip. Their sound is great together here.

revvy
10-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Wow! Thanks for posting this. Now this is what The Supremes were about. Diana's charisma is undeniable. The eye was drawn to her anyway. There was really no reason after a while to stage her further away from the others, to give her more face time or to light her brighter. The combination here in this clip works just fine. Pure magic!

smark21
10-22-2012, 07:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tzmkfjmwfE&feature=g-vrec Id never seen this full clip before. Nice performance though Flo didnt look too happy.

Poor, poor Flo

luke
10-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Youre right revvy--this is what made them supreme!

randy_russi
10-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Those were the days when singers were really singers, which is why in 60s there so
many variety shows on TV.

nosey
10-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Not trying to start nothing here but was Diana's mike turned up louder than the rest? I think I read somewhere that they often did this for her. Her voice comes across loud and clear.

marv2
10-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Not trying to start nothing here but was Diana's mike turned up louder than the rest? I think I read somewhere that they often did this for her. Her voice comes across loud and clear.

Nosey yes they often turned Diane's mike up because Florence and Mary had such powerful voices that they drowned her out with little effort.

skooldem1
10-25-2012, 04:15 PM
They turned her mike up because she was the lead singer. Why would the background vocalist mikes be set at the same level?

marv2
10-25-2012, 04:21 PM
They turned her mike up because she was the lead singer. Why would the background vocalist mikes be set at the same level?

Diane says different. She says that she had a very small sound while Mary and Florence had these strong, booming voices. HDH also took note of that and would have Florence in particular stand further away from the mic in the recording studio so not to drown Diane out.

motony
10-25-2012, 04:43 PM
their 3 part harmony is beautiful.

marv2
10-25-2012, 05:03 PM
their 3 part harmony is beautiful.

So beautiful....... Florence , Diana and Mary had some of the BEST 3 part harmony of any girl group I've ever heard!

skooldem1
10-25-2012, 06:59 PM
How can anyone say Flo doesn't look happy? The clip isn't even clear enough to see facial expressions.

floyjoy678
10-25-2012, 07:28 PM
How can anyone say Flo doesn't look happy? The clip isn't even clear enough to see facial expressions.

Lol you can actually see her smiling. There's another song "My Romance" they perform earlier in the special and towards the end of the song Diana looks at Florence and they both start laughing as if there's an inside joke or something.

milven
10-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Lol you can actually see her smiling. There's another song "My Romance" they perform earlier in the special and towards the end of the song Diana looks at Florence and they both start laughing as if there's an inside joke or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2Z9s77nWE

smark21
10-25-2012, 08:45 PM

Because there are a few Flo fans who can only enjoy a Flo performance if they can find some evidence that she was miserable and unhappy in front of the camera, no doubt because Diane subjected poor victimized Flo to some mean girl drama.

Roberta75
10-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Diane Ross, Mary Wilson and Flo Ballard were real young when they became big stars. It seems Mary and Dine were cut out for stardom but Flo wasn't and thats okay.

Roberta

marv2
10-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Diane Ross, Mary Wilson and Flo Ballard were real young when they became big stars. It seems Mary and Dine were cut out for stardom but Flo wasn't and thats okay.

Roberta

That's not true. Florence wanted and loved being a star as much as the other two. It was Barbara that wasn't that into being "a star".

Zantellor
10-26-2012, 03:58 AM
Flo fat? not on your life, that lady had one beautiful body. Yeah I know thin was in in those days / But look a tFlo the curves and not an extra ounce of her inthat video.Whoever ever called her fathad ro havetheir head examine. Damn she was sexy

Penny
10-26-2012, 10:30 AM
That is a lovely clip. Bobby Darin must have been a big star to be able to have The Supremes sing back up for him. I did notice his back was to the camera most of the time. That was a bit odd but maybe that was his best side.

Penny:p

marv2
10-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Flo fat? not on your life, that lady had one beautiful body. Yeah I know thin was in in those days / But look a tFlo the curves and not an extra ounce of her inthat video.Whoever ever called her fathad ro havetheir head examine. Damn she was sexy

I agree. Flo was hot! She looked good and was very sexy. She was stacked! I don't know any guy that would disagree.