PDA

View Full Version : Separate Supremes and related topic

test

theboyfromxtown
08-05-2010, 03:58 PM
What do you think about a separate thread "Everything Supreme". I think it seems a reasonable suggestion.

I'm happy for it to proceed and also happy to continue as we are.

pshark
08-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Since the supreme threads has taken over the Motown section, maybe they could
change the title to "Everything Supreme" and post all other Motown acts on the main
forum.

theboyfromxtown
08-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Pshark. I prefer your suggestion to my own!

Thank you.

jobeterob
08-05-2010, 06:34 PM
This comes up every now and again doesn't it! And it has always been nixed in the past.

I dont really have any strong feelings. Now you can "IGNORE USER" which will help even more. And you can skip all the Supreme threads if you loathe the Supremes, Diana in particular..........much like my deceased Mother did, especially if Diana flipped her eyelashes at you on Ed Sullivan. [[My good Mother was a Ukrainian Grandmother of the first order who didn't tolerate any sequins, wigs, or diva attitudes in her kitchen.)

I kind of like it when one of the macho men drops in and puts the boots to Diana's wig, Lynda's mouth or Mary's butt or any ballistic Supreme fan.

theboyfromxtown
08-06-2010, 02:45 AM
"I kind of like it when one of the macho men drops in"

Me too me too!!

144man
08-10-2010, 05:10 AM
Do you mean one long Supremes thread embracing everything?
That wouldn't suit me because I'm not interested in their dresses or internal politics, but still like discussing their music.

skooldem1
08-10-2010, 09:06 AM
This topic has come up time and time again, and my position is clear. This is not a good idea. This thread in particular is proof that the problem is not with people/fans who like to discuss the Supremes. This is a brand new forum. A clean slate, and instead of starting a thread/topic of choice- a thread is created to.....well... we all know the agenda. It makes no sense. Like I said, this is all brand new. Here is a suggestion. Why waste key strokes trying to get people on the bandwagon of segregation, when you can talk about anything you want? Doesn't make sense to me. Gone is the argument, well there are so many threads I have to go through to find something of interest. FAIL. That is a lie. Again, the forum isn't even a week old. There aren't that many threads, that it should be a problem for people who want to discuss other acts on the label.

marxthespot
08-10-2010, 05:39 PM
It would be an interesting experiment to see what happens. I am sure the cat-fighting would be intense, but I think in the long run it would not be good.

ralpht
08-10-2010, 05:57 PM
I realize your intentions are good, John, but I think I'll leave things as they stand. It's kind of like leaving an open can of gas [[er...sorry..petrol) near an open flame. Sooner or later things erupt. Not from you, of course, but you know what I'm saying.

theboyfromxtown
08-13-2010, 04:16 PM
I am happy with all the replies and thank you all for commenting. I just thought that it was worth discussing it now rather than later. I'm happy to leave things as they are...and so far, it's going along nicely.

Skooldem...you made a point that I wished I had thought of before I asked the question. Thank you.

Ralph-The penny has just dropped with the reference to petrol. Initially, it went right over my head....!!! I should thank you for being so thoughtful to your British chums!

marv2
08-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Oh sure segregate the Supremes from Motown. But don't stop there, why not segregate them from Detroit Music History altogether........hehehehehe.....!

jobeterob
08-13-2010, 05:41 PM
http://http://blog.lib.umn.edu/boley011/architecture/flamethrower.jpg

jobeterob
08-13-2010, 05:42 PM
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/boley011/architecture/flamethrower.jpg

theboyfromxtown
08-14-2010, 11:22 AM
HAHAHA

Dont stop there either....wipe out all records that I was ever on this earth. I never existed and still don't.

144man
08-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Who said that?

theboyfromxtown
08-14-2010, 11:38 AM
John Lester on 14 August 2010 at about 16.30 hrs. But before I am officially non-existent, can I just mention that I replied to you on the Brenda and Kim duet thread!