PDA

View Full Version : The Originals California Sunset CD

test

REDHOT
10-11-2012, 04:52 PM
I just found The Originals California Sunset album on cd,produced by Lamont Dozier,i got this album back in the day,when it was released,i love it then,and now i'm loving it on cd,some of the highlights for me are Good Lovin' is just a dime away,Don't Turn The Lights Off,California Sunset,Sweet Rhapsody,Let Me In Your Life,Financial Affair,and Nothing Takes The Place Of Your Love,i'm in love with the Originals music all over again,i need some info,was the Originals album with Down To Love Town ever released on cd?and what was the name of the album?
Please stay positive

calvin
10-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Down to Love Town was on Communique in 1976. It appeared again - I believe an extended version - on 1977's "Down to Love Town" LP. I'm not aware of either of these LPs getting a cd release, but I'm not sure.

Laserdk
10-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Calvin,

Neither the "Communique" or "Down To Love Town" albums have seen a CD release yet. However, the "Down To Love Town" album is being lined up for an expanded CD release by the UK based Big Break label.

Ivor

nathanj06
10-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Love the song Down To Love Town but that album cover was one of the tackiest Motown ever put out. Second runner up would be Rare Earth-Willie Remembers.

jack020
10-12-2012, 04:19 AM
Dimitri from Paris did a very good remix of DTLT on his A Night At The Playboy Mansion cd.

masterblaster
10-12-2012, 06:24 AM
Good Lovin' is just a dime away,Don't Turn The Lights Off,California Sunset,Sweet Rhapsody,Let Me In Your Life,Financial Affair,and Nothing Takes The Place Of Your Love,

What about "It Could Never Happen", this and "Don't Turn The Lights Off" are the albums highlights. Love the background vocals on both these.

calvin
10-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Calvin,

Neither the "Communique" or "Down To Love Town" albums have seen a CD release yet. However, the "Down To Love Town" album is being lined up for an expanded CD release by the UK based Big Break label.

Ivor

Hi Ivor,

This is very good news. Since it was BBR that also released California Sunset, might this mean there will be even more to come following Down To Love Town? Or perhaps it will depend on the sales figures?

Calvin

jaybs
10-19-2012, 05:29 AM
Spoke with contact at Cherry Red who are BBR and they said nothing is in the schedule for Down to Love Town CD?

Laserdk
10-19-2012, 04:48 PM
jaybs,

That might well be the case but BBR have featured the "Down To Love Town" album on their Facebook page as a forthcoming release [[with several other Motown titles) even though it might not be on their immediate release schedule....yet!

Ivor