PDA

View Full Version : Martha Reeves in San Francisco at The RrazzRoom Oct. 9th - Oct. 14th

test

motownlover1964
10-11-2012, 03:02 PM
I attended Martha’s show at The Rrazz Room in San Francisco last night and had a great time. Martha was highly engaged with her band and the audience and did two songs that I’ve never heard her do live – “Honey Chile” and “No One There” in addition to her hits. She also did “Many Rivers to Cross” from the Richard Perry album but with a reggae beat rather than how she sang it on the album.

She and I had a little interplay when she talked about “Jimmy Mack” and how she had not “seen” him in many years. My family calls me Jimmy so I piped up “I’m right here, Martha!” She joked with me about where I’ve been all these years and did I know she had a son all the while with a twinkle in her eye as we played along. I pointed to my head [[as I’m bald) that years ago I had a full head of hair. She cracked up.

A little later she invited anyone to come to the stage to dance with her. Folks were shy so I jumped up and had a ball. But, once I got up on the stage around five more audience members joined in.

The audience was cheering, dancing and having a great time. She puts on one heck of a show.

What a lovely, warm and wonderful woman is Miss Martha Reeves!

Roberta75
10-11-2012, 05:15 PM
I attended Martha’s show at The Rrazz Room in San Francisco last night and had a great time. Martha was highly engaged with her band and the audience and did two songs that I’ve never heard her do live – “Honey Chile” and “No One There” in addition to her hits. She also did “Many Rivers to Cross” from the Richard Perry album but with a reggae beat rather than how she sang it on the album.

She and I had a little interplay when she talked about “Jimmy Mack” and how she had not “seen” him in many years. My family calls me Jimmy so I piped up “I’m right here, Martha!” She joked with me about where I’ve been all these years and did I know she had a son all the while with a twinkle in her eye as we played along. I pointed to my head [[as I’m bald) that years ago I had a full head of hair. She cracked up.

A little later she invited anyone to come to the stage to dance with her. Folks were shy so I jumped up and had a ball. But, once I got up on the stage around five more audience members joined in.

The audience was cheering, dancing and having a great time. She puts on one heck of a show.

What a lovely, warm and wonderful woman is Miss Martha Reeves!

Oh thank you motownlover1964. You have no idea how proud your review has made this Martha fan. You are 100% correct about Martha Reeves being a lovely, warm and wonderful woman and isn't she beautiful and radiant?

This is why I think Miss Reeves is and always will be The First Lady of Motown Records. Everyone loves her concerts and she love her audiences so much.

Thank you for this review. You have made my day dear motownlover1964.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

motony
10-11-2012, 08:19 PM
great review motownlover1964, Martha is a NATURAL superstar.Her charisma is REAL, not something that can be taught , and that charisma is what is missing from so many of these new age superstars.Martha always gives 100% onstage, I hope she comes to Florida again soon!

jobeterob
10-15-2012, 12:41 AM
It would be great to see a Heritage Motown artist in a setting like this; I wish I'd been there.

MIKEW-UK
01-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Queen of Motown Matha Reeves at Rrazz Room interview by Corey Andrew - a few weeks old but very interesting. For Roberta especially.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/QA-Queen-of-Motown-Martha-Reeves-At-Rrazz-Room-In-San-Francisco-173543201.html

Roberta75
01-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Queen of Motown Matha Reeves at Rrazz Room interview by Corey Andrew - a few weeks old but very interesting. For Roberta especially.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/QA-Queen-of-Motown-Martha-Reeves-At-Rrazz-Room-In-San-Francisco-173543201.html

Thank you MIKEW-UK for this great interview with the first Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha reeves. The photograph is so pretty and Martha answers the questions honestly and from the heart. She always think of her fans and it was real sweet of her to think of changing her music in this show to make it different for her fans. Dr Martha reeves is a great lady a true icon and wonderful human being and the best entertainer around today.

Thank you again my dear man.

Roberta

midnightman
01-11-2013, 11:20 PM
I know I've said this millions of times but still it's nice to see Martha Reeves still getting down to the get down in her fifth decade in show business...

Roberta75
01-11-2013, 11:24 PM
I know I've said this millions of times but still it's nice to see Martha Reeves still getting down to the get down in her fifth decade in show business...

Its great isnt it midnightman. It really warms our hearts that the first Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves is still in great demand still looking and sounding real good and still giving audiences her all. Dr Martha reeves is the best entertainer around today IMO and a real gracious and real sweet and lovely lady.

Roberta