PDA

View Full Version : what was the last DRATS Recorded song incuding Adantes

test

honest man
10-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Hello folks been reading LET THE SUNSHINE THREAD,[Got me thinking]what was the final recorded song by DRATS,NOT Incuding Someday we'll be together[if that was the last song]i don't have Mary's book as i threw away in trash many years ago, any assistance appreciated, cheers lovely peope.

reese
10-10-2012, 04:48 PM
I think YOU'RE GONNA HEAR FROM ME was the last song recorded by Diana, Mary, and Cindy.

ejluther
10-10-2012, 07:03 PM
“what was the last DRATS Recorded song incuding Adantes
what was the final recorded song by DRATS,NOT Incuding Someday we'll be together[if that was the last song]”

I believe the last studio recordings before Diana left the group in January, 1970 were "Loving You Is Better Than Ever" and "Till Johnny Comes" both on 8/6/69...

For what it’s worth, the Andantes didn’t sing on “Someday We’ll Be Together”, either – the preexisting backing vocals were by Maxine and Julia Waters. Diana recorded her lead vocal on June 13, 1969.

You can find all sorts of Motown recording/song info here:
http://www.dftmc.info/home.html

marybrewster
10-11-2012, 09:15 AM
"Someday We'll Be Together": Diana, Mary and Cindy; recorded January 14, 1970. Released on "Farewell".

honest man
10-11-2012, 03:45 PM
EJluther thanks for the info Not suprised Beginning of the end was one of the last songs,sounds grown up[if that makes sense]lOVING YOU is better than ever would have put around 68 ,love both of these songs,great stuff. thank you.