PDA

View Full Version : Ok then,let's try this

test

arrr&bee
10-10-2012, 12:07 PM
We all know how when[otis redding ]forgot the lyrics on[dock of the bay]he whisteled and the song became a legend,well long before that another artist did something by accident in the studio that became legendary also...who was the artist and what did he do??

reese
10-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Didn't Louis Armstrong drop his lyric sheet and start scatting instead?

soulster
10-10-2012, 10:19 PM
We all know how when[otis redding ]forgot the lyrics on[dock of the bay]he whisteled and the song became a legend...

I didn't know that!

gary_james
10-11-2012, 02:03 PM
On " I Saw Her Again" by The Mamas & Papas, Denny Doherty came in a bit early with the third Chorus, singing "I saw her...". Whether a mistake or intentional, it was left in on the final recording.

splanky
10-11-2012, 03:59 PM
This is a really hard on you cooked up, Jai... I say that because things like that have occured
a number of times in the business. As far as the Otis Redding thing, yea, I knew that, I also
remember some of us talking about that in the old forum and about in the end Otis's
whistling was cut ou and a pro whistler was brought in to finish the song.
I also remember the story of Louis scatting though I'm fuzzy at the moment on which song it
was that he did that after losing the lyrics...Maybe Heebie Jeebies...Marvin Gaye's overdubbed voices on What's Goin On were said to be an engineer's mistake that he liked
when he listened to a playback and so it was left as is...though that is a story I'm still not sure I believe. Anyway, I'll have to give this one some more thought...you wouldn't be
talking about the left on the recording moment of chaos during Stevie Wonder's Fingertips
Part 2, would you? With one of the backing musicians asking "what key? what key?..."

theboyfromxtown
10-12-2012, 01:03 PM
On " I Saw Her Again" by The Mamas & Papas, Denny Doherty came in a bit early with the third Chorus, singing "I saw her...". Whether a mistake or intentional, it was left in on the final recording.

It wasn't on my UK mono 45 but it's there on the stereo version.

arrr&bee
10-13-2012, 11:59 AM
didn't louis armstrong drop his lyric sheet and start scatting instead?hey reese,that's it,you all are just too good!!

Kamasu_Jr
10-16-2012, 09:15 AM

I thought that flub was part of the record/song.

tamla617
10-19-2012, 06:21 PM
the whistling by Steve Cropper added after otis died because the track wasnt finished and they just decided to complete it to get it out there.Thats is correct isnt it?