PDA

View Full Version : Supremes 2000 pink 4 disc set

test

drlorne
10-08-2012, 10:33 AM
While looking for something else I came across this [[securely stowed away) set. I'd just like to thank Harry and Andy again for such a great tribute to the Supremes. Everything about this project is classy. Even the way the insert envelope lines up. There was such attention to detail and making this a wonderful tribute to the Supremes.
Dr. Lorne

motownjohnny
10-08-2012, 12:34 PM
There was also a very limited version of this set, which included a bonus CD entitled "In Person An Evening With The Supremes" with the following live tracks:

Intro by Scott Regan - Where Did Our Love Go
Baby Love
Come See About Me
Stop! In The Name Of Love
Back In My Arms Again
Nothing But Heartaches
I Hear A Symphony
Introduction
You Can't Hurry Love
You Keep Me Hangin' On
Reflections and
Someday We'll Be Together.

I haven't got the info immediately to hand, but I seen to recall that many of these early live recordings of hits were taken from performances at the Roostertail in Detroit, possibly in '67.

R. Mark Desjardins
10-08-2012, 01:13 PM
If I am not mistaken, I believe that George Solomon stated on the Midnight Johnny's NightFlight Radio program Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012, that The Supremes Roostertail recording that comprises disc 2 of the newly expanded "I Hear A Symphony" CD release is taken from the group's 1966 show, which is the same as the live recording offered as an "extra" with the box set. However, there are extras like Diana introducing members of the audience, her brother Chico, etc are included, that were not made available on the earlier version. I think I also heard that songs from the second show, not performed on the first show that evening are also featured.

RossHolloway
10-08-2012, 01:15 PM
There was also a very limited version of this set, which included a bonus CD entitled "In Person An Evening With The Supremes" with the following live tracks:

Intro by Scott Regan - Where Did Our Love Go
Baby Love
Come See About Me
Stop! In The Name Of Love
Back In My Arms Again
Nothing But Heartaches
I Hear A Symphony
Introduction
You Can't Hurry Love
You Keep Me Hangin' On
Reflections and
Someday We'll Be Together.

I haven't got the info immediately to hand, but I seen to recall that many of these early live recordings of hits were taken from performances at the Roostertail in Detroit, possibly in '67.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think the producers of the live set tried to include live recordings as close to when the songs were actually hits or on the charts. So they all were not from '67. YCHL is from their '66 engagement at the Roostertail and is from a different show that evening from the Live set that is on the Expanded Edition of I Hear A Symphony.

carole cucumber
10-08-2012, 01:23 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, I think the producers of the live set tried to include live recordings as close to when the songs were actually hits or on the charts. So they all were not from '67. YCHL is from their '66 engagement at the Roostertail and is from a different show that evening from the Live set that is on the Expanded Edition of I Hear A Symphony.

You are remembering correctly. Harry Weinger explained this online when the set was first issued.

bradsupremes
10-08-2012, 02:08 PM
"You Keep Me Hangin' On" and "Reflections" are from the 1967 Roostertail show with Cindy.

carole cucumber
10-08-2012, 02:12 PM

Intro by Scott Regan - Where Did Our Love Go [[the 20 Grand, 1964)
Baby Love [[the Fox Theater, 1964)
Come See About Me [[the Fox theater, 1964)
Stop! In The Name Of Love [[the Copa, 1965)
Back In My Arms Again [[the Copa, 1965)
Nothing But Heartaches [[the Copa, 1965)
I Hear A Symphony [[the Roostertail, 1966)
Introduction
You Can't Hurry Love [[the Roostertail, 1966)
You Keep Me Hangin' On [[the Roostertail, 1967)
Reflections [[the Roostertail, 1967)
Someday We'll Be Together. [[the Frontier, 1970)

With the exception of 'Someday We'll Be Together, the dates that I've added to your title listing are taken from the Supremes Rarities Checklist, found in 'Let the Music Play Supremes Supreme Rareties 1960-1969