PDA

View Full Version : A Question about Tony Washington of The Dynamic Superiors

test

tl_harris
10-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Hello All,

I know it's been some time since I've posted let me reintroduce myself:

My name is T.L. Harris and I am from Texas and I've been a member of the forum since 2004. I would like to say hello to those I recognize an welcome to all the new faces here on SDF. On to my question.....Does anyone know when Tony Washington of The Dynamic Superiors passed away? I've been wondering about this for quite sometime, and I haven't been able to find anything about this anywhere. Any answers on this would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you very much,
T.L. Harris

glencro
10-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Amazing how hard it is to find the answer to that question. In the mean time, I LOVE the choreography in this clip. Wish there were more videos available of them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAcp0vMFYOo

jack020
10-08-2012, 02:22 AM
He died in the early 80's

splanky
10-08-2012, 08:09 AM
He died in the early 80's

But the "early 80's" is not a date...
@ TL, I've seen your same question being asked by people all over the internet for years now and never saw a consise answer. I've looked around a number of places like the dead
musician's site, all music, toby walker's soulwalking, ebony,jet even google and have found
nothing. It is truly amazing because I can't believe nobody can even give a year;it had to make it to print somewhere....If I do find out I'll post it...

tl_harris
10-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Glencro:

That is a great clip and some of the choreography was indeed great....very underrated group

Thanks Jack020 I was aware that he died in the early 80's but as Splanky said I was looking for something definitive. I have been looking as well for quite sometime as to when Tony Washington passed, but he seems to be the only person of fame that I've searched abour and have never found a date of death which to me seems a bit unusual. I appreciate the response on this thread.

Thanks,
T.L. Harris

splanky
10-10-2012, 09:06 AM
T.L....this is by no means meant as a confirmation but if the writer is right, it places the time of
Tony's passing as between 80 and 81. I wasn't following DS's career at the time as I watching a rapidly disolving P-Funk. Anyway...

http://theseconddisc.com/2012/06/05/once-is-just-not-enough-the-dynamic-superiors-motown-disco-classics-arrive-on-cd/

Yo40
12-05-2018, 03:08 AM
Glencro:

That is a great clip and some of the choreography was indeed great....very underrated group

Thanks Jack020 I was aware that he died in the early 80's but as Splanky said I was looking for something definitive. I have been looking as well for quite sometime as to when Tony Washington passed, but he seems to be the only person of fame that I've searched abour and have never found a date of death which to me seems a bit unusual. I appreciate the response on this thread.

Thanks,
T.L. Harris

Tony passed away in 1989; I don’t know the month/day.

Yo40
12-05-2018, 03:09 AM
Tony passed away in 1988; I don’t know the month/day.

glencro
12-08-2018, 03:50 AM
Another great performance. Classic Ashford & Simpson production
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJubHI9fOmg