PDA

View Full Version : Florence Ballard & David Ruffin's bckg vocals on solo tracks

test

franjoy56
10-05-2012, 11:51 PM
I wonder if anyone knows who sang background on Flo's solo abc recordings particulary "MY HEart" "Walk on By" Like YOu Babe"
Love Ain't Love" It doesn't Matter How I Say It. She has a strong background base on several of her tracks.

What about David Ruffin's Motown singles My whole world ended
is Clarence Paul on the bkg. with male vocals, and who backing him on "Walk Away From Love" who are the female and male voices, weren't the Andantes gone by 1974?????

Kamasu_Jr
10-06-2012, 01:17 AM
Faith Hope & Charity backed Ruffin on his Van McCoy recordings. Legend says the Originals backed Ruffin on My Whole World Ended.

soulwally
10-06-2012, 03:52 PM
It's definitely the Originals, with co-composer /producer Johnny Bristol possibly in there too, on Ended

Kamasu_Jr
10-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Who knows who sang background vocals on the Flo Ballard sessions? On some of the tracks, I suspect she was overdubbed and sang them herself. But that's just my opinion.

franjoy56
11-22-2012, 02:36 PM
Who knows who sang background vocals on the Flo Ballard sessions? On some of the tracks, I suspect she was overdubbed and sang them herself. But that's just my opinion.

That may be true but on tracks like walk on by, and my heart everything wonderful, love ain't love, there are more than one girl singer on the backing tracks