PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson tonight!

test

luke
10-05-2012, 08:42 AM
http://www.edgertoncenter.org/ One hour from NYC.

Roberta75
10-05-2012, 08:45 AM
http://www.edgertoncenter.org/ One hour from NYC.

Are you going luke? Wish I was in Connenicut. I'd definitly be there to support Mary. looks like there are a lot of unsold seats. Bet she give a great show as always.

Roberta

luke
10-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Mary's band was cooking with Love Child this afternoon. Will give review asap this weekend hopefully.

marv2
10-05-2012, 09:10 PM
She should still be on stage as I write this. Mary is truly a "globetrotter". Just the other night she was performing in Hamburg, Germany! I look forward to your rundown Luke.

milven
10-06-2012, 09:46 AM
.. I'd definitely be there to support Mary. looks like there are a lot of unsold seats. Bet she give a great show as always.

Roberta

I noticed that too. The seating chart showed that it was barely one third sold. I checked yesterday and the option to buy on line was taken away. A lot of people wait til last minute to buy tickets [[I can't understand that. I get mine months in advance) Hopefully, she will get a lot of last minute sales.

luke
10-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Another great show by Mary. And her band and singers are also excellent. She opened with I think what was her best number-Heres To Life. Just beautiful. [[Life's Been Good To me was her into music-more about that later). The showstoppers were Walk the Line, My World is Empty and I Am Changing[[standing ovation). I tell you her voice is as strong as ever and she seems totally relaxed and present on stage. The big surprise of the evening for me was her premiere stage performance [[she said) of Life's Been Good to me-it was a knockout -could not sit still.

Roberta75
10-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Another great show by Mary. And her band and singers are also excellent. She opened with I think what was her best number-Heres To Life. Just beautiful. [[Life's Been Good To me was her into music-more about that later). The showstoppers were Walk the Line, My World is Empty and I Am Changing[[standing ovation). I tell you her voice is as strong as ever and she seems totally relaxed and present on stage. The big surprise of the evening for me was her premiere stage performance [[she said) of Life's Been Good to me-it was a knockout -could not sit still.

Thank you for such a nice review. Was the Life Been Good to Me full CD on sale after Mary's show. Sounds like the audience was really into the show. Was it more of a Connecticut family type audience or did a lot of Mary's fans show up.

The thing I like about Mary and Diane's audiences in LA is you get their hard core fans out in force and by that I mean real good female impersonators, cute gay men [[I think Mary and Diane's back up men singers may be gay) moms, dads and grandparents. lesbian ladies and Christian women like myself. I always enjoy watching the diverse audiences at Mary and Diane's concerts and off course Diane Ross and Mary Wilson are both amazing on stage.

Thank you again.

Roberta

marv2
10-07-2012, 11:33 PM

She did it? She finally sang it live ? Hallelujah!!!! LOL!

luke
10-08-2012, 09:50 AM
She sure did-and it sounded so good--just like the record.