PDA

View Full Version : Lady claudette

test

arrr&bee
09-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Gang we talk,argue,debate about who was the best female voice at motown and there were some great ones but what about the one lady that almost never gets mentioned mainly because she quietly went about her buisiness singing backup in her husband's group,of course i'm talking about the miracles great claudette robinson,wouldn't it have been great if smokey would've recorded an album and released a single on his talented wife...are there any solo's of her in the motown vaults...the forgotten voice of motown!!

randy_russi
09-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Claudette is a wonderful, sweet lady. She actually is a good singer! She sang lead for the Miracles on the Motor-town
Revue when Smokey was so sick he was hospitalized. She had leads, though very few, over the next few years on
some of the group's lps.
In the late 70s/early 80s it was reported that Smokey was going to produce a solo lp on Claudette singing songs
made famous by Mary Wells. That project never developed or if it did, never was released.
Yes, Claudette is a very good singer and a real nice person too.

arrr&bee
09-21-2010, 11:58 AM
What's up randy,you're right on about miss claudette,i'm a huge fan and yes she did stand in for smokey when he was sick in the early sixties in fact some thought that she was smokey and you know there's that[first]recording of[shop around]with her on lead that berry recalled.

topdiva1
09-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Ms. Robinson remains on of the UNSUNG ladies of Motown - a true class act.

tomato tom
10-01-2010, 12:13 PM
I Do remember a Blues & Soul interview with Smokey where he did, in fact, say he was in the middle of recording an album on Claudette. He stated that it was difficult, because they were arguing all the time about the music....Paulo

Kamasu_Jr
10-19-2010, 01:05 PM
I Do remember a Blues & Soul interview with Smokey where he did, in fact, say he was in the middle of recording an album on Claudette. He stated that it was difficult, because they were arguing all the time about the music....Paulo

Which Smokey Robinson solo album featured the Smokey & Claudette duet Wine, women & song? i thought it was on a quiet Storm, but it's not.

pj1
10-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Which Smokey Robinson solo album featured the Smokey & Claudette duet Wine, women & song? i thought it was on a quiet Storm, but it's not.

Warm Thoughts

marv2
10-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Claudette is the BEST!!!