PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tues Oct 2, 9P-12M ET: "I Hear A Symphony" expanded with Andy & George!

test

midnight johnny
10-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Welcome, my friends! Another amazing show is awaiting you on "Nightflight'. Joining me tonight for the unveiling of "The Supremes: 'I Hear A Symphony"-the Expanded Edition'" are it's producers...the peerless Andy Skurow and the inimitable George Solomon. Along with Universal's master engineer, Kevin Reeves, Andy and George are giving us, not only the complete mono album, but a stereo master of the album that has been unearthed, 3 alternate versions, 3 new remixes, and a full, live performace of Diana, Mary and Florence from Detroit's Roostertail supperclub from Sept 26, 1966.
So do join me tonight with MY personal Supremes...Andy and George...and those OTHER Supremes...
on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM in Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and streaming live
worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org/)
Thanks to you all...and thanks so very much to Andy, George, Kevin and Harry Weinger for allowing
"Nightflight" to web/broadcast for the first time "The Supremes:'I Hear A Symphony"-the Expanded Edition!
Please...no phone calls tonight...I will be on the phone with Andy and George!
John
PS...a little heads up..."Nightflight" will not be on Oct 23, as I will be on my exciting trip to Universal Music
in NYC. Thanks!

carlo
10-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Very much looking forward to tonight's show! :) Also, have a great time in NYC, MJ! I know you will have a great time there! :)

Methuselah2
10-02-2012, 05:48 PM
A thousand violins will fill the air.
And God only knows how many listeners on the airwaves.

I'll be one of them.
With violin.

I cry not for myself.
But for those who've never known the joy of

NIGHTFLIGHT.

So inviting.
So exciting.

midnight johnny
10-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Very much looking forward to tonight's show! :) Also, have a great time in NYC, MJ! I know you will have a great time there! :)

Great you'll be here, Carlo! And thanks!!!!! I'm EXCITED!

midnight johnny
10-02-2012, 06:41 PM
A thousand violins will fill the air.
And God only knows how many listeners on the airwaves.

I'll be one of them.
With violin.

I cry not for myself.
But for those who've never known the joy of

NIGHTFLIGHT.

So inviting.
So exciting.

Thank you, Bruce, for the prosetry!! So glad you'll be here!

Sacramento John
10-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Johnny,
I so wish I could listen in tonite! Alas, I have another commitment and won't be home until 9pm pacific. Wish I could record these shows.....
Dang..and I have some comments/questions:

1)I received my IHAS set yesterday. Absolutely exquisite would be my description; THE SOUND, OMG!!!! the strings, the lushness, the harmonies..the extras..Far & Away the best release ever! CD 1: Tracks 26 &27 and CD 2 Tracks 1-3, WOW, worth the price for those alone. The Roostertail performance is revelatory & IMHO the best live recording of the Supremes I have ever heard.
2) George, there are 8 songs from the IHAS Album included in the Roostertail lineup.
3) The picture on page 8 of the booklet: Flo is in the middle..that's usually Mary's spot. Are they performing "People" in that photograph?
4) The Scott Regan clips on the "Supreme Rarities." Diana & Scott talk about "the other night at the Roostertail."
5) Their first Vegas engagement took place right after the Roostertail. Are there any recordings of that engagement at the Flamingo? If so, what differences re there in the lineup from the Roostertail and/or Copa show?

Many, many thanks to Harry,Andy, George & Kevin for their stellar work!
Looking forward to "Baby It's Me" and "A Go Go"

midnight johnny
10-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Johnny,
I so wish I could listen in tonite! Alas, I have another commitment and won't be home until 9pm pacific. Wish I could record these shows.....
Dang..and I have some comments/questions:

1)I received my IHAS set yesterday. Absolutely exquisite would be my description; THE SOUND, OMG!!!! the strings, the lushness, the harmonies..the extras..Far & Away the best release ever! CD 1: Tracks 26 &27 and CD 2 Tracks 1-3, WOW, worth the price for those alone. The Roostertail performance is revelatory & IMHO the best live recording of the Supremes I have ever heard.
2) George, there are 8 songs from the IHAS Album included in the Roostertail lineup.
3) The picture on page 8 of the booklet: Flo is in the middle..that's usually Mary's spot. Are they performing "People" in that photograph?
4) The Scott Regan clips on the "Supreme Rarities." Diana & Scott talk about "the other night at the Roostertail."
5) Their first Vegas engagement took place right after the Roostertail. Are there any recordings of that engagement at the Flamingo? If so, what differences re there in the lineup from the Roostertail and/or Copa show?

Many, many thanks to Harry,Andy, George & Kevin for their stellar work!
Looking forward to "Baby It's Me" and "A Go Go"

Sacramento John....sorry you will miss the show, but i'm glad you felt like you could post your questions! We'll post whatever info is arrived at here for you. And thanks for your interest!
John

davidh
10-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Johnny, just wanted to let you know that baltimore is listening. i had the pleasure to meet Andy and universal about 2 years ago. it was the best birthday present ever and Andy was so gracious to me and my friends. i know you will have a great time.
lookn 4ward to tonights show.i love the new 2012 MY WORLD IS EMPTY WITHOUT YOU mix.

davidh
10-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Johnny, yeah,my main question would be about BABY ITS ME, although i'm sure it's right around the corner,probably right after the first of the year. it seems that we get a sups or ross release about every 6 months or so.
wasnt there a live set [[unreleased) called LIVE IN NEVEDA? i think Andy might know the answer to this.

midnight johnny
10-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Johnny, just wanted to let you know that baltimore is listening. i had the pleasure to meet Andy and universal about 2 years ago. it was the best birthday present ever and Andy was so gracious to me and my friends. i know you will have a great time.
lookn 4ward to tonights show.i love the new 2012 MY WORLD IS EMPTY WITHOUT YOU mix.

David....great to hear from B'more....still miss it lots! Glad you'll be here! Thanks about the trip...i know it will be one of MY seven wonders of the world! We'll check out your question! Thanks for it!

midnight johnny
10-02-2012, 08:42 PM
....in the studio!!!

Glenpwood
10-02-2012, 08:44 PM
I Hear A Symphony album Billboard chart analysis

When IHAS hit the Billboard Top LP chart on March 19th, 1966 at #106 it would join three other Supremes albums, At The Copa was still steadily selling at #15, More Hits By The Supremes was at #57, and Where Did Our Love Go at #85. The top selling Motown family album that week was The Miracles Going To A Go Go spending its last week in the top 10 at #10. The album hit stores just as My World Is Empty Without You was decending down the chart after peaking at #5. [[It peaked at #4 in both Record World and Cash Box however) It was at #30 that week and would spend only one more charted week at #49 before disappearing completely. It would be a month before the next single, Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart would debut on the chart in the April 30th issue. The album exploded quickly moving to #44 then #19 in its third week. Its worth noting that when it reached the top 20, it was the first time the Motown Corporation history that they had 4 albums charted that high. The other three were Temptin Temptations at #15, Copa at #17, and Going To A Go Go at #18. The upward momentum continued with moves to #14 and #11 before reaching the top ten for the first time the week of april 23rd. The only major move in the top 10 besides the Supremes arrival was the explosion on Barbra Streisands TV soundtrack album, Color Me Barbra from #67 to #6 in its third week. The following week IHAS would reach its peak of number #8 although it would have moved up to #7 if it hadnt had been for the Rolling Stones "Big Hits High Tide And Green Grass" collection rocketing past it to #4 in its third chart week. Symphony would hold at eight for three weeks perhaps helped by the exploding Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart over on the Hot 100 which initially flew up the chart like a potential number one #62-#26-#15-#10 before surprisingly stalling at nine the following week, just as Symphony began its retreat back down the chart, spending its last week in the LP top 10 the same week Itching stopped scratching its way up.

There was probably light confusion amongst fans as to why the current single wasnt on the album but once they heard the set they likely understood how it would have stuck out on IHAS. Perhaps if Motown had got the LP out a month earlier to capitalize on My World Is Empty Without You it wouldve gone top five.

The other LPs charted above Symphony during its top ten run were...

Herb Alpert - Going Places
sgt. Barry Sadler - Ballad Of The Green Berets
Herb Alpert - Whipped Cream And Other Delights
Soundtrack - The Sound Of Music
Nancy Sinatra - Boots
Al Martino - Spanish Eyes
The Best Of The Animals
Dave Clark Fives Greatest Hits
Barbra Streisand - Color Me Barbra
Rolling Stones - Big Hits High Tide And Green Grass
Mamas And The Papas - If You Can Believe Your Eyes And Ears
Righteous Brothers - Soul And Inspiration

Glenpwood
10-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Look forward to the show tonight John..... Cya guys then!

Methuselah2
10-02-2012, 08:51 PM
John, as they say in the ol'symphony pit: "Horns up."
I always look forward to your visits with Andy and George. I know a terrific evening is just about to start. Let the fun begin!

ejluther
10-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Hooray! Can't wait for the show and thanks again for all the Supremes Shows, Midnight Johnny!

midnight johnny
10-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Look forward to the show tonight John..... Cya guys then!

Welcome, Glen P.

danman869
10-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Glad the show has started. Looking forward to this one!

carole cucumber
10-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Some discographies listed M-640 as Live At Lake Tahoe by the Supremes. The 1995 Supremes Anthology shows this title in the 'The Albums' listing.
Both Sides Now Stereo Newsletter website now lists this as an unreleased Motown live album by Billy Eckstine.
Perhaps Andy & George can clarify.

midnight johnny
10-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Hooray! Can't wait for the show and thanks again for all the Supremes Shows, Midnight Johnny!

Hello, ejluther...and welcome to you!!!

midnight johnny
10-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Welcome Carole and Danman!!!!!

carole cucumber
10-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Always loved Andy Williams. Will your lead in track to the arrival of the other Andy we all love [[and George whom we also love) be the Supremes [[Diana, Mary & Flo) performing with Andy Williams? It would be a very effective lead -in.

Glenpwood
10-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Beautiful tribute to Andy, John.... I pulled my Petula Clark 69 TV Special DVD to watch his performance of Happy Heart. I Love how selfless Pet was to let him perform it and steal the hit since they both had singles out of it. That duet of Visions Of Sugarplums was beautifully shot as well on it....

Jimi LaLumia
I have ARRIVED!!

midnight johnny
Always loved Andy Williams. Will your lead in track to the arrival of the other Andy we all love [[and George whom we also love) be the Supremes [[Diana, Mary & Flo) performing with Andy Williams? It would be a very effective lead -in.

Carole....where were you when I was planning the show??? GOOD IDEA!

midnight johnny
10-02-2012, 09:17 PM
I have ARRIVED!!

Howdy and welcome jimi!

midnight johnny
10-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Beautiful tribute to Andy, John.... I pulled my Petula Clark 69 TV Special DVD to watch his performance of Happy Heart. I Love how selfless Pet was to let him perform it and steal the hit since they both had singles out of it. That duet of Visions Of Sugarplums was beautifully shot as well on it....

Thanks Glen!

marybrewster
10-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Greetings!

davidh
10-02-2012, 09:24 PM
john,baltimore is here ,hello to Andy and George

carole cucumber
10-02-2012, 09:34 PM
George,
If you need an additional proof-reader, I'm available.

Kamasu_Jr
10-02-2012, 09:35 PM
I read on another forum that He's All I Got was recorded in 1965 and intended as a single release until H-D-H came up with Stop! In the Name Of Love? Is this true?

TheMotownManiac
10-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Please tell Andy & George that I love the new set - impeccably done! I'm more of a Diana fan than ever after hearing these alternate takes and Roostertail.

davidh
10-02-2012, 09:39 PM
could andy and george comment on what other albums were the Supremes most successful albums?

supremester
10-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Please tell Andy & George I'm in love with this set. It's as good as The Black Album and just blew us away last night.

They are loved and appreciated!

Gregg Simon

Please tell Andy & George that I love the new set - impeccably done! I'm more of a Diana fan than ever after hearing these alternate takes and Roostertail.

carole cucumber
10-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Kamasu,
'He's All I Got' was recorded on April 19, 1965; strings added April 28, 1965; Vocals recorded May 3, 1965.
'Stop In The Name Of Love' was recorded on January 5, 1965; vocals recorded January 7, 1965 and January 11 , 1965. The single was released on February 8, 1965, well before 'He's All I Got' was recorded.

midnight johnny
10-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Greetings!

Mary....welcome....nice to see you!!

Kamasu_Jr
10-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Kamasu,
'He's All I Got' was recorded on April 19, 1965; strings added April 28, 1965; Vocals recorded May 3, 1965.
'Stop In The Name Of Love' was recorded on January 5, 1965; vocals recorded January 7, 1965 and January 11 , 1965. The single was released on February 8, 1965, well before 'He's All I Got' was recorded.

Hmmmm. Maybe He's All I Got was being considered as an A-side single.

Methuselah2
10-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Question:

Nothing is ever mentioned about THE SUPREMES SING BALONEY AND CHEESE. Oops, I mean COUNTRY, WESTERN, & POP. No mention. Silence. Zilch. So, are those the plans--Nothing? The less said, the better? I can live with that.

carole cucumber
10-02-2012, 09:50 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Playlist-Plus-Dig-Spkg-Supremes/dp/B0016CP1RI/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1349229034&sr=1-1&keywords=Supremes+playlist+plus

davidh
10-02-2012, 09:57 PM
i think the stereo mix of STRANGER IN PARADISE is the best and my favorite song on the album. great harmonies from the ladies

carole cucumber
10-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Stereo 'Stranger In Paradise' Wow! Can't wait til my copy arrives.

dba
10-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Great show so far and that comparison blows me away.

Great show and can't wait to get home next week and open up my IHAS.

davidh
10-02-2012, 10:03 PM
now you have craving the SUPREMES A GO GO album . i always thought that album was uneven somehow. some songs i love while others seem so laid back.hoping the masters will unveil some gems .

Methuselah2
10-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Another question:

Have Andy and George ever considered doing a book of Supremes photos--the rarely, if not ever, seen? I would imagine that they might have access to such photos. Such a book would be a wonder, a dream come true.

P.S. Are Andy and George familiar with the coffee-cup shot recently unearthed? Chock Full O' Supremes is the heavenly coffee.

midnight johnny
10-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Greetings!

Mary....welcome....nice to see you!!

carole cucumber
10-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Andy & George,
If you do John's show, you know you'll have to preview songs still to be released on upcoming projects- such as the He's All I Got version you've just mentioned.

carole cucumber
10-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Andy , You sly devil.....You snuck in 1 extra track on the Supremes' Box Set; there are 89 tracks + the 12 track bonus disc "In Person An Evening With The Supremes"

Methuselah2
10-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Question:

When a vinyl album was being finalized in the 60s just before being pressed, was it not reviewed, not listened to first? How could IHAS not be spotted for missing the stereo version? A version labeled STEREO was sold at a higher price. That wasn't overlooked.

P.S. Was the dove on the cover alive?

carole cucumber
10-02-2012, 10:26 PM
George,
Did you notice that immediately after the instrumental break, Mary & Flo's background vocals sound softer than they do elsewhere... I'm not sure they are softer, but to the average ear, they sound softer. Perhaps that may be part of the reason why the interlude was excised.

R. Mark Desjardins
10-02-2012, 10:28 PM
John;
I caught the first part of your show this evening with the tribute medley to Andy Williams. I was in my early teens during his heyday and at the time thought his music was cheesy. Listening to the set you put together made me realize how "grownup" his music choices were and how I can relate to the themes So much more now. A lovely tribute.
Sadly, for me, the rest of your show to date has been nothing short of frustration. For some reason I had to get on to iTunes to listen to your station streaming and it "buffers out" every 10 minutes or so. I know it's NOT your fault. Time to get a new mac I guess. There's so many sites I can't access when the systems get too old. I'll keep trying. I only wish you were still posting the spoken word parts of these shows. Cheers! Mark

Methuselah2
10-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Speaking of IHAS:

The Supremes did a commercial for Arrid Extra-Dry Deodorant as they sang IHAS. Keeps 'em cool and dry, as I remember. Strange but true.

midnight johnny
10-02-2012, 10:34 PM
John;
I caught the first part of your show this evening with the tribute medley to Andy Williams. I was in my early teens during his heyday and at the time thought his music was cheesy. Listening to the set you put together made me realize how "grownup" his music choices were and how I can relate to the themes So much more now. A lovely tribute.
Sadly, for me, the rest of your show to date has been nothing short of frustration. For some reason I had to get on to iTunes to listen to your station streaming and it "buffers out" every 10 minutes or so. I know it's NOT your fault. Time to get a new mac I guess. There's so many sites I can't access when the systems get too old. I'll keep trying. I only wish you were still posting the spoken word parts of these shows. Cheers! Mark

Mark....good to see you...I'm so sorry that your having such difficulty with the stream!!!

carole cucumber
10-02-2012, 10:38 PM
I prefer this performance of the 'Symphony' medley much more than their performance of it on Ed Sullivan.

midnight johnny
10-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Mark....good to see you...I'm so sorry that your having such difficulty with the stream!!!

Mark...Andy says that if you have a smart phone...you might be able to get it through that....let me know!

lovechild
10-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Andy and George can you let us know what the 2000 copy limit is about?

supremester
10-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Do you have any other Symphony Medly tapes that include "Everything Is Good About You" like on Ed Sullivan?

Please tell Andy & George I'm in love with this set. It's as good as The Black Album and just blew us away last night.

They are loved and appreciated!

Gregg Simon

Jimi LaLumia
10-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Dove is Here And Now You're Gone

Jimi LaLumia
10-02-2012, 10:43 PM
was this originally planned as the album for Ross to go solo with in 66?

carole cucumber
10-02-2012, 10:44 PM
'Meet the Supremes' & 'More Hits By the Supremes' lists 'Expanded Edition' on the side spine and not the front cover. 'Where Did Our Love Go' says 40th Anniversary Edition on the side spine.

marybrewster
10-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Hi mj, Andy and George:

Will this release include any new essays or interviews by Mary Wilson or anyone else "in the know"?

AND: was "My World is Empty Without You, BABE" [[adding "babe") ever considered as a working title?

Thanks guys, muah!

carole cucumber
10-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Andy,
i wasn't correcting you, only thanking you for sneaking in an extra track.

davidh
10-02-2012, 10:48 PM
during the time of the release of HIgh Energy set ,Andy briefly talked about the possibilities of some sort of forum for supremes fans but i havent heard anything more about it,any updates

Glenpwood
10-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Andy and George,

Beautiful work on the new set as always. Just curious if you can elaborate or know any background how Universal Japan has gotten the go ahead to rush out the entire sixties Supremes and seventies Ross solo albums this year as straight reissues with no bonus material while you guys wait patiently stateside to go through the catalog chronologically to do these amazing expanded sets. Particularly how they got the go ahead on Ross 78 since it's never made to CD anywhere yet. Any info at all is greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
Glen

johnjeb
10-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Aren't the dresses from the Symphony photo shoot the same as the ones they wore in the Beach Ball movie?

carole cucumber
10-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Glen,
I hope that Andy & George answer your question. But I would think that Motown re-issues sell exceedingly well in Japan. If they sold as well in America, I'm sure Andy & George wouldn't have to struggle so much in getting things o.k.'d & then released.

justanothermotownfan
10-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Listening from Alexandria, VA!! I LOVE this IHAS collection and YES I LOVE the live stuff!! PLEASE keep it coming! I would love to hear The Copa '67 and I want to say that hearing them sing "More" was a bonus for me. And as long as you're issuing the live recordings, is there a chance you will issue Martha and The Vandellas live at The Roostertail and maybe a complete Temptations Live At The Copa?

Methuselah2
10-02-2012, 11:07 PM
I understand that after IHAS, the dove was no longer used, got fed up, and eventually signed with Invictus.

Question:

As producers, were HDH given album cover approval?

carole cucumber
10-02-2012, 11:12 PM
[QUOTE=Methuselah2;125785]I understand that after IHAS, the dove was no longer used, got fed up, and eventually signed with Invictus.

That explains the nest and egg on the 100 Proof Aged In Soul cover!

Methuselah2
10-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Dove is Here And Now You're Gone

Jimi, that's great! Bruce

Methuselah2
10-02-2012, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE=Methuselah2;125785]I understand that after IHAS, the dove was no longer used, got fed up, and eventually signed with Invictus.

That explains the nest and egg on the 100 Proof Aged In Soul cover!

Carole, that a riot! Bruce

R. Mark Desjardins
10-02-2012, 11:16 PM
John, Andy & George - I finally figured out the glitch that was preventing me from hearing the live stream of you on the air. I seek out all the wonderful Hip-O select releases and enjoy them all. I can't wait for the Marvin Gaye "Trouble Man" expanded project. Thank you for all your do, from a Canadian Tamla/Motown fan!

Glenpwood
10-02-2012, 11:27 PM
The SHM discs ive bought that were Universal issues was the Japan only Olivia Newton John 10 album box and the sound was great. Thanks for answering my question.

Jimi LaLumia
10-02-2012, 11:38 PM
as a person with a public relations background, I can tell you that there is no real promo to the non die hards who don't visit this site..there are few reviews in music magazines, etc.. Even on The Marvelettes "UnSung" you would think there would be a 'spot' for the deluxe editions, or a plug for the site.. promo/pr on these projects are all very inside...they could potentially reach many more 'fans'

TheMotownManiac
10-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Why is Diana Ross' falsie showing on the inside cover?

jobeterob
10-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Will this program be available as a podcast?

carole cucumber
10-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Why is Diana Ross' falsie showing on the inside cover?
Because it would have been too shocking on the outside cover and the dove had flown the coop for Invictus and could not be used as a cover-up.

TheMotownManiac
10-02-2012, 11:49 PM
How will Mary explain that Berry took People out of the act foever before the first Copa, when it is popping up all over and she's singing WITH her??????

Glenpwood
10-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Where one of the girls says let me hear that back, I think it's flo btw

Glenpwood
10-02-2012, 11:53 PM
And Someone says Thank You on the intro of it.....right?

Methuselah2
10-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Wonderful show, John, Andy, and George. So informative and entertaining. A whole lotta fun. And a whole lotta show. The three of you are just joyous to listen to. I love when you all get together for these great shows. You truly make them great.

carole cucumber
10-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Specialty albums......

R. Mark Desjardins
10-03-2012, 12:03 AM
John, so glad I kept at it to overcome my computer glitches this evening to catch your radio show. What a treat it was, and the 2012 mix of "I Hear A Symphony"....baby, Baby, BABY! Way cool!

floyjoy678
10-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Thanks for answering my question about "People" in the Roostertail act

RossHolloway
10-03-2012, 10:06 AM
I can't believe I missed the show last night!

ejluther
10-04-2012, 10:19 AM
"Are Andy and George familiar with the coffee-cup shot recently unearthed? Chock Full O' Supremes is the heavenly coffee."

Any one have a link to this coffee pic? TIA...

mwmr
10-04-2012, 12:46 PM
how can i hear these interviews living in UK?

BayouMotownMan
10-04-2012, 01:19 PM
According to Motown the Supremes received gold albums for:

Where Did Our Love Go
A Go-Go
Join The Temptations

Platinum Albums were
Greatest Hits Vol. 1 & 2
TCB

Symphony, Sing HDH and More Hits were Top Ten chart entries but I never heard the ladies getting gold records for these.

reese
10-04-2012, 03:02 PM
According to Motown the Supremes received gold albums for:

Where Did Our Love Go
A Go-Go
Join The Temptations

Platinum Albums were
Greatest Hits Vol. 1 & 2
TCB

Symphony, Sing HDH and More Hits were Top Ten chart entries but I never heard the ladies getting gold records for these.

This is the same list that I saw years ago in a book called THE BOOK OF GOLDEN DISCS. But they also included SUPREMES AT THE COPA and GREATEST HITS VOL. 3 as gold albums.

BayouMotownMan
10-04-2012, 03:25 PM
That's why it is so unclear as to what actually sold the required amount to be considered gold or platinum since Motown did not allow audits. I would think Copa has a good chance of being gold but I can't see GH Vol. 3 going gold unless it happened in the CD age. It didn't chart high enough or long enough to warrant that

davidh
10-06-2012, 09:33 PM
the info i read stated HITS #3 sold over 1 million,Merry Christmas sold 3 Million.Greatest Hits 1@2 sold 6 million.

ejluther
10-07-2012, 01:15 AM
During the show someone mentioned CD reissues of Diana Ross LPs coming out in the UK - I know about the ones in Japan, but not these other ones...any more info?
Also, if anyone has a link to the "Supremes Coffee" photo that would be great...