PDA

View Full Version : In a lifetime-the temps

test

arrr&bee
09-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Another[cult classic]what is it about this song that most temptaholics like??i mean glenn does a great job on lead but it ain't motown[atlantic]no third verse,but i'll be darned if the thing is just catchy,just shows the power of the temptations vocals..maybe it's the last part where the backgrounds vocals go...no i'll never find,ever ever find in a lifetime,in a lifetime...whatever it is it's got a hook that gets me and some of you too....temptations forever!!!

marv2
09-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Another[cult classic]what is it about this song that most temptaholics like??i mean glenn does a great job on lead but it ain't motown[atlantic]no third verse,but i'll be darned if the thing is just catchy,just shows the power of the temptations vocals..maybe it's the last part where the backgrounds vocals go...no i'll never find,ever ever find in a lifetime,in a lifetime...whatever it is it's got a hook that gets me and some of you too....temptations forever!!!

I liked it from when I heard it when my brother Robert brought it home in the Fall of 1977.
It just flowed and I liked the new sound with Louis Price [[kinda reminded me of Jerry Butler). He was not overpowering ala Ruffin or Edwards, but smooth. Glen did a great job on the title track.