PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tue Sept 21, 9P-12M ET: HARRY WEINGER LIVE! Special Preview of the....

test

midnight johnny
09-21-2010, 09:21 AM

Special Preview of the Tammi Terrell Complete Solo Collection "Come On and See Me" with compilation producer Harry Weinger LIVE...on the heels of the Tammi Terrell episode of "Unsung" on TVone!

Folks....hello! Tonight...I am more than excited to have the privilege of airing some of the remarkable and rare tracks from the new Tammi Terrell Collection of Hip-O Select. And if that's not enough, I am equally excited and pleased to have on "Nightflight...live...2 time Grammy Award winner and Vice President of A&R for Universal Music Enterprises...Harry Weinger. Harry is the producer of this Tammi compilation and it's clearly been a labor of love for him. So rather than go on and on...let me just say...
join me tonight for a chat with Harry Weinger about the new Tammi Terrell collection and a show filled with Tammi tracks [[rare and loved)...on "Nightflight" ...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org)
And tonight....please...no calls.
Thanks!
John

Andante Louvain Demps with Harry Weinger

sophisticated_soul
09-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Last night's "Unsung" episode on Tammi Terrell was very well done. The approach was no-holds-barred but respectful. I learned a lot and got a better understanding of why some of the myths of Tammi's life persist. So much triumph and so much tragedy in such a short life. She had the potential to be an enduring superstar, but sadly that was not to be. But she did leave us a legacy of music that [[has and) will endure.
I'm very happy that we well be celebrating that legacy tonight in anticipation [[it's killing me! LOL) of the release of this fitting and deserved tribute to Tammi Terrell. Looking forward to the show, John, and especially to your interview with Harry Weinger. Thanks to Harry and everyone else who made this important release happen.

dba
09-21-2010, 02:30 PM
What a coup!!!

Can you sneak in a question about the Scherrie Payne years while discussing Tammi?

Hope you are well.

dba

jobeterob
09-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Excellent John. HERO HERO...............I'm very impressed.

I dont think I'm going to be home early enough to hear this. Is any of it archived yet or can we find it later??

Well done; I can see some jealous people over this, can't you!

RossHolloway
09-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Ok, I've just cancelled my evening plans to listen to this show. What a great "get" Midnight. Can we feed you questions to ask the great HW?

copley
09-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi John, is the time difference with the UK 5 hrs behind?

midnight johnny
09-21-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm most appreciative to Harry spending time with us chatting about the Tammi collection. It means so very much to be a small part of this great thing that Harry and Universal are doing to give Tammi the recognition and honor that she deserves.
Tammi has meant so much to me, as a Tammi AND a Motown fan, the way I know she has meant a lot to you all. I hope you will listen in tonight to hear what Harry has chosen to share with us, and to hear him talk about this very special collection.

The show is 5 hours difference from the U.K.....9PM-12M ET is 2AM-5AM U.K. TIME [[I think).

Tonight, I think we're going to talk mostly about Tammi and the collection...but maybe Harry will come back and talk about some of the other very special UME and Hip-O Motown collections that have been and are going to be released. ANd at that time maybe he'll do a question and answer session. I'll beg him. There is no way at this time to archive the show [[through WOMR), sadly.

Thanks, guys for your interest....[[and thanks Harry)!
See ya later I hope!

copley
09-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Thanks John.

lovechild
09-21-2010, 08:19 PM
OMG what a wonderful surprise Johnny! I will be tuned in for sure tonight.

copley
09-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Hi John, I'm off to bed having set my pc to record the show. It will be a rare treat that I can dip in and out of all day.

positivesoul
09-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Will be listening intently MJ. Have a GREAT show!
-Randy

midnight johnny
09-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Thanks so much, guys....it is great to have you there....and with me here!

MissLish
09-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Whoo-hoo!!! Got it!!!

RossHolloway
09-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Midnight-
It's cocktail hour here in Atlanta and I'm cooking and listening. And where did you find that Gordy T-shirt that's shown on the WOMR website?

MissLish
09-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Midnight Johnny sounding all smexy and stuff!

MissLish
09-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Whoo-hoo! Hey hey Mr. Weinger!!

MotownSteve
09-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Hi John,
First two songs were great!
Motown Steve

MissLish
09-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Also, may I add that this is a real treat for me. While I have always admired Tammi's talents, I didn't know much about her beyond the Marvin duets; so, this is a real treat for me to get to know her better. I am already in love with the first song you are playing. Thank you, Johnny; Thank you, Mr. Weinger!

MissLish
09-21-2010, 09:28 PM
We are here for you baby! LOL!

MotownSteve
09-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Hip s-select has some shirts.
Motown Steve

JimBagley
09-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Is that The Shirelles on background?

MissLish
09-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Nice dodge, Mr. Weinger; however, Miss Lish strongly suspects that the answer to the question about getting sick of Motown, could very well be a resounding, "Yes!" LOL!

midnight johnny
09-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey folks....thanks for being there!

RossHolloway
09-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Midnight Johnny. I've got a question for HW. Could you ask him if there are any plans to release the other live recordings from the Motown Mondays? Either by traditional cd or thru i-tunes. A cool box set would be intersting or a "Live from Detroit" collection would be interesting and include other one-off live performance from lesser known artists. And if there are plans to utilize i-tunes more to do more releases. [[ie. Workshop Jazz)

longtimefan
09-21-2010, 10:14 PM
I am unable to get connected to the live broadcast. Sad. I have tried all of the options.

MissLish
09-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Discovering Tammi this evening, while I have always heard similarities in her's and Miss Ross's voices, i.e., sexy cooing quality and similar textures on certain notes; what is indisputable is that both she and Miss Ross always brought their A game to whatever endeavor they took on. I am very impressed.

sophisticated_soul
09-21-2010, 10:25 PM
"Beware" and "It's A Long Time" are both excellent recordings!!

drlorne
09-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks John and Thanks Harry. Loved that song just now by Tammi.

Lorne

RossHolloway
09-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Midnight J- I will name my first born after you! Thanks for asking HW my question and following up with a Brenda Holloway question. I love Brenda Holloway...hence the name RossHOLLOWAY. Who do I need to service or sell my soul to to get the Motown Mondays or the Live Brenda Holloway set released?

Motown Andy
09-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Sadly I missed so much of the show, but so glad to be listening now. This is fabulous. Harry, John and Tammi... Irresistible.

RossHolloway
09-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Do we know who's singing background on Tammi's live set?

sophisticated_soul
09-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Tammi Live! What a gift! She sounds great! Oh man!

MissLish
09-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Excellent, excellent! The live tracks were too delicious! Well done, Tammi, Johnny Midnight and Henry Weinger!!

jobeterob
09-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Well I made it for the last 30 seconds!

So is it Tammi Terrell for one more hour?

pj1
09-21-2010, 10:49 PM
RossHolloway,
Sounds just like the voices on the released studio version- likely The Spinners.

positivesoul
09-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Fantastic! I felt like I was right there at Tammi's live show. THANKS for the time [[and space) machine!

sophisticated_soul
09-21-2010, 10:53 PM
I am just wild about Harry! LOL! Thank you Harry for sharing your insights and stories, it was fascinating. Glad to hear you will be coming back to share more. Thanks again, especially for the Tammi set.

midnight johnny
09-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

hwume
09-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Forgot to say that the reason we got energized and produced the set this year: Tammi would have been 65 this past April and it is the 40th anniversary of her passing. Much love to her family, and thanks JP. [[P.S. Come on, that was Ivy Jo peeking in at the end of the unreleased song.)

MissLish
09-21-2010, 11:12 PM
I bet my toes are the only ones dancing a jig to this tune currently playing! LOL! Now that is Motown peeps!! Two CAN have a party!

lovechild
09-21-2010, 11:16 PM
I second that emotion Soph! Harry! Thank you so much for sharing your time with us tonight and for the preview of the Tammi
set. I can hardly wait to get my copy.

Awesome show tonight Johnny :)

MotownSteve
09-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Harry,
When you are in Chicago don't forget deep dish pizza and Chicago hot dogs.
Motown Steve

MissLish
09-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Smexy = sexy & smart. LOL!

Great show tonight, BTW! Loved it ALL!!

jobeterob
09-21-2010, 11:48 PM
LOL............I figured that out on my own. Are you calling John smart and sexy?

John, you sound like a lot of fun when you are giddy.

Have we already played Hold Me Oh My Darling or If This World Were Mine?

midnight johnny
09-21-2010, 11:49 PM
MissLish......a big kiss to you! Thanks!

MotownSteve
09-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Great Song. Love it by the Temptations also.

Motown Steve

robbert
09-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Thanks a lot, John! I must finally go to bed now, it's ten to six AM now in Holland...
Harry was withholding a few things, didn't you notice...? ;-))

sophisticated_soul
09-22-2010, 12:03 AM
Wow! What a show, huh John? Or as you say Oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Thanks everybody:-)

RossHolloway
09-22-2010, 01:04 AM
What an awesom shoe Midnight Johnny! Thanks for keep the Motown Flame burning. Would love to hear HW's take on the whole Tammi-Valerie mystery and the tie in with i-Tunes.

copley
09-22-2010, 08:08 AM
Have just finished listening to the show. Thanks for having Harry on & for premiering some of the unreleased tracks.

LUDIE
09-22-2010, 10:18 AM
John Perrone; Thank you so much for having HW on the show. I believe that Harry may be the best comentator ever that has graced your program, I could be a little prejudiced. Not only was he articulate he broke every track down so that you could understand the mechanics of how the tracks were remastered. Harry kudos and much love!

midnight johnny
09-22-2010, 09:37 PM
John Perrone; Thank you so much for having HW on the show. I believe that Harry may be the best comentator ever that has graced your program, I could be a little prejudiced. Not only was he articulate he broke every track down so that you could understand the mechanics of how the tracks were remastered. Harry kudos and much love!

Thank you Ludie...so very much!
John

midnight johnny
09-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Thanks John and Thanks Harry. Loved that song just now by Tammi.

Lorne

Lorne...great to have you back!
John

midnight johnny
09-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Midnight J- I will name my first born after you! Thanks for asking HW my question and following up with a Brenda Holloway question. I love Brenda Holloway...hence the name RossHOLLOWAY. Who do I need to service or sell my soul to to get the Motown Mondays or the Live Brenda Holloway set released?

Ross...it seems that the "Motown Mondays" plan is something up the road...such an exciting idea. But if this Tammi collection can be released...I'm very optimistic that ANYTHING can happen!

midnight johnny
09-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Do we know who's singing background on Tammi's live set?

Ross...when I asked Harry...he said he thought Spinners or Originals...or a combination of a number of members from both groups. I was amazed that the sound for Tammi's live show, particularly with "I Can't Believe you Love Me" and "Come On and See Me" was so much like the studio track...including the male background vocals. I didn't get a chance to play "Come On and See Me"...the live version is longer than the studio track...and just breathetaking. In a month...when Harry returns to "Nightflight"...on the day of the Tammi release...I'll get to play that and more.

midnight johnny
09-23-2010, 08:15 AM
Excellent, excellent! The live tracks were too delicious! Well done, Tammi, Johnny Midnight and Henry Weinger!!

Thank you, MissLish!!!

midnight johnny
09-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Well I made it for the last 30 seconds!

So is it Tammi Terrell for one more hour?

Rob...glad you were able to make it!

midnight johnny
09-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Fantastic! I felt like I was right there at Tammi's live show. THANKS for the time [[and space) machine!

Thaniks, positivesoul!! Always a pleasure when you join the show!

midnight johnny
09-23-2010, 08:19 AM
I second that emotion Soph! Harry! Thank you so much for sharing your time with us tonight and for the preview of the Tammi
set. I can hardly wait to get my copy.

Awesome show tonight Johnny :)

Tony...thanks so much for your support!

heikki
09-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Ross...when I asked Harry...he said he thought Spinners or Originals...or a combination of a number of members from both groups. I was amazed that the sound for Tammi's live show, particularly with "I Can't Believe you Love Me" and "Come On and See Me" was so much like the studio track...including the male background vocals. I didn't get a chance to play "Come On and See Me"...the live version is longer than the studio track...and just breathetaking. In a month...when Harry returns to "Nightflight"...on the day of the Tammi release...I'll get to play that and more.

Hi Johnny!

I asked the Spinners boys - Bobbie, I think - about that a few years ago and he answered that they never did any background for Tammi.

Best regards
Heikki

midnight johnny
09-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Smexy = sexy & smart. LOL!

Great show tonight, BTW! Loved it ALL!!

Thanks, MissLish...

[[p.s.....I thought Smexy sounded a little naughty...but it's so nice!)

midnight johnny
09-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Robbert....thanks for listening...and losing your sleep! I wish I had known you were there!

Sure Harry withheld some things. That's something Motown has done for years! But.....look what he GAVE us...

midnight johnny
09-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Wow! What a show, huh John? Or as you say Oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Thanks everybody:-)

Joseph....thanks for being there! What a show? It's taken a couple of days for me to realize that it happened!

midnight johnny
09-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Have just finished listening to the show. Thanks for having Harry on & for premiering some of the unreleased tracks.

copley....glad you were able to hear it! Thank YOU!

midnight johnny
09-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Hi Johnny!

I asked the Spinners boys - Bobbie, I think - about that a few years ago and he answered that they never did any background for Tammi.

Best regards
Heikki

Heikki....thanks so much for your response about this! I'll let Harry know of your knowledge of this....let's see what he comes up with. Thanks again, Heikki!

des123
09-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Just finished listening to the show [[I recorded it and have been playing a little of each each day).

Can't wait for the CD to come out.

And Thanks to Harry.

midnight johnny
09-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Just finished listening to the show [[I recorded it and have been playing a little of each each day).

Can't wait for the CD to come out.

And Thanks to Harry.

des123....thanks for listening!