PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson in Amsterdam!

test

marv2
09-28-2012, 01:47 AM
This is from the other day. Mary Wilson on her tour with Bill Wyman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqLBWW2LfOY

jazzy j
09-28-2012, 05:58 AM
Poor thing wishes she was Diana Ross, but she never can be...

Bokiluis
09-28-2012, 07:21 AM
I'm actually very happy for Mary that her tour with Bill Wyman has been successful and extended. It is the kind of thing that I think she should be doing. Had it not been for those books, where in my opinion, she betrayed her own legacy, Mary should be music royalty in a sense. For instance, I think in another universe, had she not written those books, Oprah would have invited her to the Legends Ball because The Supremes ARE music royalty, inspite of those books. I supported Mary's solo career prior to those books. I thought her Motown debut was too rushed and could have been better. And then those indie releases got progressively unlistenable. Now, with her standards show, she has found her voice of sorts. The gown exhibit is a stroke of brilliance. But those books were so painful to me personally, I can never actively support her again. But I wish her well. I hope she keeps coming up with opportunities like this. Still, I have absolutely no desire to see her share a stage with Diana. That bridge has been burnt, crisp. I personally loved "Return to Love" and didn't miss her an Cindy one bit. I thought Scherrie and Lynda were somehow healthier versions of what she and Flo might have been like in the year 2000. [[Not the tragic figures they were on Motown 45 with Kelly Rowland). So carry on Mary. It will never be as you probably hope for it to be. Still, tours like the Bill Wyman tour is exactly the kind of thing I want to see her active in.

nathanj06
09-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Poor thing wishes she was Diana Ross, but she never can be...

Here we go...

smark21
09-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Blink Jazzy J blink!

REDHOT
09-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Everyone as a opinion LOL,love it or hat it, Mary Wilson is here to stay,her books were the best,i'm her number 1 fan LOL
Please stay positive

Hulswood
10-22-2012, 08:57 PM
What?.....Mary Wilson in Amsterdam?...... I can't believe my eyes and ears.....Too bad I didn't know about this forum sooner, ......would have been there to meet my Nr1 Supreme.......You guys are so blessed having all those stars closer to you.....

luke
10-22-2012, 09:34 PM
I dont know Hulswood. Mary's talking about moving to UK and you all in Europe get so many concerts we dont! So many American soul stars feel much more appreciated in Europe!!

marv2
10-23-2012, 05:50 PM
I dont know Hulswood. Mary's talking about moving to UK and you all in Europe get so many concerts we dont! So many American soul stars feel much more appreciated in Europe!!

I've also heard her mention possibly moving back to New York, but we'll see......

luke
10-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Funny you say that Marv--was just wondering about that for some reason. I guess because she has had so many friends and connections in NYC.

Roberta75
10-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Funny you say that Marv--was just wondering about that for some reason. I guess because she has had so many friends and connections in NYC.

LOL. The telepathic duo. Too funny.

marv2
10-23-2012, 06:53 PM

Mary quickly became a part of the heart of NYC when she lived here. At one point you couldn't even get into a cab without hearing her voice warning you to buckle up! LOL!

luke
10-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Yep. I remember walking in Times Square and looking up and seeing a huge poster of her and some other female stars about breast cancer I think.

marv2
10-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Yep. I remember walking in Times Square and looking up and seeing a huge poster of her and some other female stars about breast cancer I think.

I remember that huge Times Square billboard with Mary too.

Hulswood
10-25-2012, 03:58 PM

Nevertheless, she's still a globetrotter.....so when the itching kicks in, you never know where she might end up.

marv2
10-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Nevertheless, she's still a globetrotter.....so when the itching kicks in, you never know where she might end up.

So true, so true. Mary could end up in London, NYC, Paris or heck, even Michigan!