PDA

View Full Version : Japanese motown

test

Kamasu_Jr
09-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Is anyone interested in the number of Japanese= Motown reissues coming out in the next few weeks? Although I know a lot of us already have a lot of these releases already, There are some left field, unexpected titles like Finis Henderson, who recorded one fine LP for the legendary label. I also read Diana Ross' Baby It's Me is scheduled for release in Japan.

BayouMotownMan
09-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Yes, please post a list. I might be interested in some

Kamasu_Jr
09-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Yes, please post a list. I might be interested in some

Here's a brief list, aside from Finis Henderson- nothing earth shaking here:
Finis Henderson
Diana Ross has 10 LPs including Baby It's Me, diana, the Boss
Dance Party/Heat Wave
Four Tops Second Album
Sky's the Limit
All Directions
Down To Earth
You're All I Need to Get By
If I Were Your Woman
Neither One Of Us
Several Supremes' titles from WDOLG to Let the Sunshine In

What would be great would be if Universal released several classic Motown LPs in a boxed set like WEA has donewith many of its artists and BMG/Sony has done with Phil Spector and artists like Sam Cooke and Nina Simone . The Supremes are covered, but it would be great to have some of the early albums like Doin' Mickey's Monkey, Two Lovers, When I'm Alone I Cry, The Supremes Sing Country Western & Pop , etc. offered together in a raritiess boxed set.

marybrewster
09-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Is anyone interested in the number of Japanese= Motown reissues coming out in the next few weeks? Although I know a lot of us already have a lot of these releases already, There are some left field, unexpected titles like Finis Henderson, who recorded one fine LP for the legendary label. I also read Diana Ross' Baby It's Me is scheduled for release in Japan.

Where would one purchase these CD's?

carlo
09-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Diana's "Ross" [[1978) album is also being released as part of this series. This is the first time this album will be on CD.

One Japanese retailer that has the titles available for pre-order is...

cdjapan.co.jp

They are trustworthy. I've ordered from them a couple of times.

Kamasu_Jr
09-27-2012, 12:03 PM
You can also order these Japanese/Motown CDs from Dusty Groove America.It's been some time since I've ordered from CDJapan . I can't remember how long shipping took. But I hate waiting for discs to arrive from the UK and other foreign countries. It can take a while because they have to go through it to make sure it's not a bomb from some terroristic group and just a harmless CD.

762rob
09-30-2012, 06:25 AM
You can also order these Japanese/Motown CDs from Dusty Groove America.It's been some time since I've ordered from CDJapan . I can't remember how long shipping took. But I hate waiting for discs to arrive from the UK and other foreign countries. It can take a while because they have to go through it to make sure it's not a bomb from some terroristic group and just a harmless CD.

CDJAPAN is about a two week turnaround to the US, sometimes a little less. 100% reliable. They also issue loyalty points to credit against future purchases, which translates into discounted or sometimes free shipping, depending on how much you buy.

Kamasu_Jr
10-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Thanks 762rob. Another release I've found to be reissued is the Spinners 2nd Time Around.

Kamasu_Jr
05-01-2013, 08:19 PM
They are expensive but I got Thelma Houston's Anyway You Like It and Temptations' Reunion.