PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wells: The Tumultuous Life of Motown's First Superstar - Biograhpy

test

RossHolloway
09-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Ran across this on Amazon this afternoon, and its by Peter Benjaminson, who also wrote a great book about the Marvelettes.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1569762481/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0GH8ZA8X70JNZ92VXVDZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

carole cucumber
09-24-2012, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE=RossHolloway;124651]Ran across this on Amazon this afternoon, and its by Peter Benjaminson, who also wrote a great book about the Marvelettes.

What great book about the Marvelettes did Peter Benjaminson write?
I know that Marc Taylor wrote one and that Peter Bejaminson did an early book on the story of Motown and also one on Florence Ballard.
Might you be confusing authors?

pbenjamson@aol.com
09-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Thanks Ross, but it was Marc, not me, who wrote about the Marvelettes. However, thanks for mentioning my upcoming book about Mary Wells, the only book ever written about her, which will be released Nov. 1.

RossHolloway
09-25-2012, 09:09 AM
I apologize for the confusion, nonetheless it is a great book about the Marvelettes. Peter, I can't wait to read your book. Did you have the chance to interview alot of Motown alums for your book? Can we get some hints or insights?

arrr&bee
09-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Sounds great,is the marvelettes book out in bookstores?

R. Mark Desjardins
09-25-2012, 12:46 PM
I am also looking forward to Peter Benjaminson's biography of Mary Wells, as he is an excellent researcher and author. In reply to the question about Marc Taylor's book, "The Original Marvelettes: Motown's Mystery Group," published in 2004, it most likely is out of print, but used copies may still be found on Amazon.com. Marc's book is quite good, but he didn't have full participation of all the group members at the time. I have the feeling that some of the women may be more open to sharing memories since the airing of the Marvelettes Unsung episode. There certainly is more to tell , and an updated, more expansive edition would be most welcome.
Meanwhile, Peter's upcoming book has me excited!

Kamasu_Jr
09-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Sounds great,is the marvelettes book out in bookstores?

You can buy a copy on Amazon.com.