PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie dyson releases

test

Kamasu_Jr
09-24-2012, 12:38 PM
I've just learned ther will be some additions to the Ronnie Dyson legacy when his mid 1970s albums for Columbia, The More You Do It and Love In All Flavors are finally released on digital disc and another release - One Man Band - with bonus tracks is scheduled for release this year as well. Right now, there aren't any further details on tracks and the label issuing these long sought after LPS. but you can pre-order on Amazon.com. For years, Dyson fans have had to contend themselves with the CD on Collectables. These new CDS will be welcomed by Ronnie's many fans.

Kamasu_Jr
10-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Excellent release on Exspansion Records. There was about a 5 year span in between albums for Ronnie Dyson, One Man Band in about 71 and More You do It in 76. Does anyone know what he was up to during those years away from recording? I heard he had a regular 9 to 5.

glencro
10-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Thanx for the info. I'm looking forward to hearing more of this unsung artist.

zebop
10-15-2012, 01:08 AM
Most of One Man Band was done in 1973, the tracks from 1971 were remixed. Ronnie also did a single with Norman Harris called, "Lady In Red" in 1975, not sure if there was an album in the vaults.

nosey
10-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Was thinking about Ronnie Dyson last week. Once a DJ had folks call in to give their interpretation of If You Let Me Make Love to You Then Why Can't I Touch You. I think I finally figured it out: you'll let me physically love you but you won't let me "touch" your heart. Am I right y'all?

Kamasu_Jr
10-22-2012, 10:54 AM
I think that might have been the point of that song, Nosey.
Lady In Red is one of the bonus tracks on One Man Band.

Kamasu_Jr
10-24-2012, 07:07 PM
I didn't know Ronnie Dyson had a single produced and co-written by Henry "Hank" Cosby of Motown fame. It's on One Man Band and is excellent. The arrangement was by David Van DePitte. I wonder if it was recorded in Detroit?

Kamasu_Jr
11-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Found this on YouTube. Don't know who was thinner Ronnie Dyson, Eddie Kendricks or David Ruffin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sewPLdurnW8