PDA

View Full Version : Brandy Loves Diana

test

jobeterob
09-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Posted elsewhere, from Out Magazine where you can read the whole interview:

Catching Up With Brandy

[[continued)
Over the years you’ve worked with some divas. You did Cinderella with Whitney Houston and Double Platinum with Diana Ross --
She was my favorite.

Diana Ross?
Yes.

Why?
She was just so interesting to me. She was so fabulous. I remember having a conversation with her because you know the whole rumor about her having to be called Miss Ross. I think that’s so amazing! I love that! So, I go to her and said, “I just want you to know that I’m going to be calling you Miss Ross.” She was like, “No, honey. You don’t have to call me Miss Ross. You can call me Diana.” I was like, “No, you know you want me to call you Miss Ross!” But she was open to me calling her Diana. I called her Miss Ross the whole time, and I think she loved that I respected her enough to call her Miss Ross.

What was she like on the set?
I loved how she did her lines. She wouldn’t read the script. She would have her lines playing in her walkman. She would go over the lines in her ear. Then we’d get on set, and she would know all of her lines, and I was just so amazed. What I liked was whatever she wanted she said in a way that was so kind, but she still got what she wanted.

Do you keep in touch?
I’ve seen her here and there, but I don’t have her phone number of anything! I’m mad about that. If her son Evan can call her, why can’t I? She does have a cell phone because I every time I see her she’s on it.

And what about Whitney? You grew up idolizing her. What are your thoughts of her today?
Her voice is the best voice in the whole world. You know what? Nobody really knows. Nobody has walked in her shoes. We don’t know what she’s been through. For her to be as brave as she’s been to come back time after time and really try, we should applaud her for that. There will never be another Whitney Houston in life.

robbert
09-20-2010, 05:18 PM
What I liked was whatever she wanted she said in a way that was so kind, but she still got what she wanted.

Sounds somehow familiar... [["I'll call Berry").

jobeterob
09-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Robbert..........you making some good posts today. This one got the biggest laugh from me. I enjoyed it.

topdiva1
09-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Sounds somehow familiar... [["I'll call Berry").

" I get what I want I know how " ... from Don't Rain On My Parade - Diana Ross and The Supremes Sing and Perform Funny Girl!!!

Brandy Brandy Brandy - where have you been.

captainjames
09-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Perhaps since Brandy has been through the fire herself that she knows and appreciate what Diana and Whitney have accomplished. I thought I read once that Brandy's mom was the one that didn't care for Diana but Brandy adored her.

nomis
09-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Well somebody blocked the "Love Is All That Matters" duet from Dianas cd and its a shame their performance of it on Oprah was great- their voices blended naturally well..and No- Val wasnt behind the curtain singing Dianas high bits...

pshark
09-21-2010, 07:48 PM
And I love Brandy
http://www.familycabrerablyeth.com/images/drinks02.jpg