PDA

View Full Version : Motor Town Special tours when were they renamed?

test

woodward
09-15-2012, 04:43 PM
In October of 1962 the artists departed Detroit for Washington, DC on a tour known as MOTOR TOWN SPECIAL. I have seen pictures in Curtis Woodson's book showing the music stands which were named Motor Town Special - Choker Campbell Orchestra. The tours were designated as MTS on the itinerary sheet produced showing tour dates and locations from November 2, 1968 through December 16, 1962.

Does anyone have any knowledge when the name was changed from the MTS to Motortown Revue and then again to the Motown Revue?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.

Roger Polhill
09-15-2012, 06:09 PM
The earliest I can find is "The Motor Town Revue" was assembled in the fall of 1962 by International Talent Management with the first show being at the Howard Theatre in Washington DC.

midnightman
10-01-2012, 01:50 PM
I heard when they began the revues that it wasn't even called the Motor Town Revue, it was more like the Motor Town Special as mentioned. It probably wasn't until '63 that it became the "Motor Town Revue"...

woodward
10-01-2012, 03:07 PM
I heard when they began the revues that it wasn't even called the Motor Town Revue, it was more like the Motor Town Special as mentioned. It probably wasn't until '63 that it became the "Motor Town Revue"...

Thanks. I wish some expert could give me a definitive answer to the exact time in history that it was changed.