PDA

View Full Version : TV trivia...........The Real McCoys

test

blueskies
09-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Does anyone remember how Kate McCoy died? I keep reading they "killed her off" [[she and the producers had a contract dispute?) and she moved on. Never saw the epidsode where they announced she had died or how? They're running The Real McCoys in this area and it's fun watching it again.

gary_james
09-13-2012, 06:26 PM
I thought she ran away with Pepino!

blueskies
09-13-2012, 07:19 PM
I thought she ran away with Pepino!

Possibly....no doubt 'Grandpa' got on her last nerve!

nosey
09-14-2012, 08:41 AM
As I child, I just remembered she was just gone! I am enjoying the Rifleman immensely. What a great show!

arrr&bee
09-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Kathy nolan was big back then,but i don't remember how she left,great classic series.

blueskies
09-14-2012, 01:13 PM
From what I've been reading Nolan had a contract dispute and left the series. Hallie and little luke were also written out at this time. I always wondered how this was addressed in the show....car accident, etc?

Kamasu_Jr
09-15-2012, 09:51 AM
A station in the Memphis area used to air the Real McCoys. I only watched a few epiodes. I prefer the Beverly Hillbillies myself. I was wondering if anyone else here gets the Aspire channel? It's running old episodes of the Bill Cosby Show and Julia...two shows that I enjoy because they didn't use laugh tracks.

mark speck
09-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Never heard of Aspire, but it sounds interesting for those two shows alone.

Kathy Nolan was a bigwig with the Screen Actors Guild for some time.

Best,

Mark

Kamasu_Jr
09-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Never heard of Aspire, but it sounds interesting for those two shows alone.

Kathy Nolan was a bigwig with the Screen Actors Guild for some time.

Best,

Mark

Aspire was started by Magic Johnson. He was smart to buy the rights to classic shows like Julia, The Bill Cosby Show and the Flip Wilson Show before he tries original programs.

I do recall seeing Kathy Nolan on an old episode of Love American Style.