PDA

View Full Version : It's s-a-t-u-r-d-a-y let's talk temps

test

arrr&bee
09-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Hey fellow temptaholics,now we know that with the many changes the group has gone through over the years the voices have changed of course from the classic five til the temps of today now today's topic of discussion is with some of thier recordings since the days of the classic five with songs being written for a certain voice would some songs down through the years have even been recorded had the classic temps stayed together? Here are some that come to mind[oh and tell me who might have sang lead on these]...isn't the night fantastic...a fine mess...aiming at your heart...treat her like a lady...think for yourself...lady soul...i'm a bachelor...a song for you,oh and remember i said the classic temps-paul,david,eddie,melvin,otis !

Motown4Ever518
09-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Happy Saturday arr & bee! Very easily, I can hear Paul, doing "A Song For You". The unhurried, give- me- the- time- and- I- will- make- it- worth- your- while delivery, I definitely can hear Paul doing this. While Dennis Edwards is one of the greatest "riffers" this side of a down home church, Paul, again, because of his delivery was a great story teller. The song is one of my top ten non classic 5 songs, and I would put it about number 12 in total Tempt tunes overall.

marv2
09-08-2012, 03:10 PM
I would have like to hear Eddie Kendricks tackle some of the material the Tempts recorded for Atlantic. Most notably, "In A Lifetime" and "Ever Ready Love".

arrr&bee
09-08-2012, 03:24 PM
i would have like to hear eddie kendricks tackle some of the material the tempts recorded for atlantic. Most notably, "in a lifetime" and "ever ready love".hey marv,eddie would've nailed em too!!

arrr&bee
09-08-2012, 03:37 PM
How about a dual lead with[david-paul]on-isn't the night fantastic!

marv2
09-09-2012, 02:00 AM
hey marv,eddie would've nailed em too!!

He would have tore that sh$% up! LOL! He would did those songs in a way that would have garnered them much more attention and he would have made it look like he did it with ease.............

marv2
09-09-2012, 02:02 AM
How about a dual lead with[david-paul]on-isn't the night fantastic!

I was thinking about that too, but I had a little crazy thought. I think I would have like to have heard David Ruffin and Richard Street on a dual lead. David can get gritty and Richard smoothing things out. Just a thought.