PDA

View Full Version : Little Stevie sings the blues

test

mowsville
09-07-2012, 12:03 PM
just been listening to the complete Stevie Wonder and was thinking what a good job he does on the tracks "sunset..tears in vain...funny how time slips away & purple raindrops"...it would have been a real treat to hear him cover some of the other tracks from "The Supremes sing CW&P"...i think this could have been a good album for stevie with "purple raindrops" inc and minus "the man with the rock and roll banjo band"....very bluesy

Kamasu_Jr
09-07-2012, 01:12 PM
I can see what you mean especially considering Stevie only had one LP in 1964 and none issued in 1965. I'm sure he was recording during that period. I believe there was an vaulted Stevie album from 63 or 1964 issued as a download..But I don't know what was on it.

mowsville
09-07-2012, 01:29 PM
i think the production on the Stevie tracks sound very raw and just have the edge on The Supremes versions that sometimes sound a bit too polished...good versions none the less...who knows maybe there are somemore of Stevies CW&P covers in the vault.

johnny_raven
09-07-2012, 01:36 PM
WORKOUT STEVIE, WORKOUT

SIDE ONE
Workout Stevie, Workout
I Call It Pretty Music ...
Contract On Love
I'll Always Be In Love
Old Folks
Monkey Talk

SIDE TWO - ALL INSTRUMENTALS
Let Me Loose
Birth Of The Blues
Mack The Knife
Your Cheatin' Heart
Undecided
Satin Doll

mowsville
09-08-2012, 10:06 AM
i kind of think that the workout stevie workout album was just an extension of the jazz soul...the tracks i am talking about have a more bluesy edge to them...on workout they are more polished jazzy efforts..

robb_k
09-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Little Stevie Wonder tribute to Howlin' Wolf-"Meet Me In The Bottom"

The 12 year old wonder reaches DEEP!

I'd love to have heard him sing "Smokestack Lightnin'", "Back Door Man", Killin' Floor", "Moanin' at Midnight", "Wang Dang Dula"

mowsville
09-08-2012, 12:08 PM
robb_k....now THATS what im talkin about..with the Clarence Paul production as on the tracks i mentioned...whoah

robb_k
09-09-2012, 11:44 AM
What about also him having had sung a tribute to Muddy Waters:
"I Can't Be Satisfied", "Honey Bee", "Louisiana Blues", "I Got My Mojo Working", "Rollin' Stone", Rollin' and Tumblin' " ?