PDA

View Full Version : Martha Reeves & The Vandellas Complete Singles

test

cheekylincs
09-06-2012, 06:54 AM
How exciting to hear news of this upcoming release from Hip-O-Select........well deserved recognition of one of Motown's finest acts. Can't wait to hear more news of this and looking forward to a release date. Will be interesting to know more about the proposed 20+ lost and found tracks.........wondering if these are songs are ones that were featured on the Lost & Found release or whether they are previously unreleased songs. Would still be very pleased if Martha & The Vandellas at The Copa could finally see the light of day............maybe combined with Martha & The Vandellas Live album which has never been reissued since it's original release in 1967 as far as I know.........I can dream!!

nathanj06
09-06-2012, 08:20 AM
It's about time! Along with the Complete Motown albums. They only did like ten I think.

carole cucumber
09-06-2012, 08:55 AM
[QUOTE=cheekylincs;122461]How exciting to hear news of this upcoming release from Hip-O-Select........well deserved recognition of one of Motown's finest acts. ....Will be interesting to know more about the proposed 20+ lost and found tracks.........wondering if these are songs are ones that were featured on the Lost & Found release or whether they are previously unreleased songs.

During the internet radio interview Harry Weinger indicated that these are not songs already released on the first MR&V Lost & Found. Several are tracks that fans have heard/heard about and have contacted Harry asking for their release. So keep on petitioning for things such as Live at the Copa. And hope and pray that The Singles Collection sells well enough that Universal gives Harry and team a green light for more of the previously unreleased tracks we'd love to hear.

Jimi LaLumia
09-06-2012, 09:05 AM
FABULOUS!!!..can't wait to help spread the word...
always loved Martha Reeves & The Vandellas...

cheekylincs
09-06-2012, 09:28 AM
[QUOTE=cheekylincs;122461]How exciting to hear news of this upcoming release from Hip-O-Select........well deserved recognition of one of Motown's finest acts. ....Will be interesting to know more about the proposed 20+ lost and found tracks.........wondering if these are songs are ones that were featured on the Lost & Found release or whether they are previously unreleased songs.

During the internet radio interview Harry Weinger indicated that these are not songs already released on the first MR&V Lost & Found. Several are tracks that fans have heard/heard about and have contacted Harry asking for their release. So keep on petitioning for things such as Live at the Copa. And hope and pray that The Singles Collection sells well enough that Universal gives Harry and team a green light for more of the previously unreleased tracks we'd love to hear.

Sounds very exciting!! I had heard of an alternate version of Honey Chile that as far as I know has never seen the light of day..............would be great to see that!

masterblaster
09-06-2012, 10:29 AM
I suspect this will be the same as the recently released DRATS and Temps Complete Singles collections so wouldn't expect different versions [[Honey Chile) or previously un-released tracks. It will probably only include every A and B side which are available on the Complete Motown Singles releases. Great for the packaging but no suprises.

carole cucumber
09-06-2012, 10:40 AM
I suspect this will be the same as the recently released DRATS and Temps Complete Singles collections so wouldn't expect different versions [[Honey Chile) or previously un-released tracks. It will probably only include every A and B side which are available on the Complete Motown Singles releases. Great for the packaging but no suprises.

Harry Weinger revealed that the release will follow the pattern of the Supremes and the Temptations sets but that the third disc will be Lost & Found [[previously unreleased tracks).

hwume
09-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Correct. In looking at the Temptations and Supremes 3-CD sets as a possible series, we can see from some research that three discs generally covers most of the main artists' single releases. The Vandellas' releases neatly fit across two discs - so the thought is to create a third disc of new Lost & Found cuts. None of the tracks overlap with any previous releases; i.e., none have been heard before.

This is also a work-in-progress [[oooh, breaking protocol), so no other specifics yet.

Buttered Popcorn and so forth
09-09-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm so excited to be getting more unreleased Martha & The Vandellas tracks! I'm guessing they'll also include the Spanish language version singles as well...

kenneth
09-09-2012, 10:04 PM
That Copa concert would be a great inclusion if there's room.

mwmr
09-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Correct. In looking at the Temptations and Supremes 3-CD sets as a possible series,

This is also a work-in-progress [[oooh, breaking protocol), so no other specifics yet.

Do you mean The Supremes 50th anniverassry set? Is this going to be in the same size hardback case?
Will it be this or next year?

hwume
09-18-2012, 12:30 PM
This is a 50th anniversary set, similar - same size/format - to the Temptations and Supremes packages, and is intended to be issued this year [[end of year) during the 50th.

RossHolloway
09-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Do we have a release date on this new set?

johnjeb
09-18-2012, 10:59 PM
This is a 50th anniversary set, similar - same size/format - to the Temptations and Supremes packages, and is intended to be issued this year [[end of year) during the 50th.

Looking forward to this release. When I bought The Supremes and The Temptations sets last year I was hoping to see more of the same this year, particularly Martha and maybe The Miracles. Maybe we'll see The Miracles next year and possibly in other years the Tops, Pips, Jr. Walker, Marvin, The Marvelettes, and dare I say Stevie!

Martha's Hip-O Lost & Found is the best Motown and/or Hip-O release of the past dozen years. Getting more unreleased music from Martha & The Vandellas is definitely going to make this release a must have.

mwmr
09-21-2012, 03:09 PM
awesome!!

Same size set as Supremes and Tempts release, lost and found and before end of this year. I CAN'T WAIT :p

George Solomon
09-22-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm really happy that there's excitement over this release. Martha & The Vandellas deserve a nice, elaborate package like this one. Of course these are specific collections of the single A & B side versions. I don't understand why we got clobbered by so many in Amazon reviews for the Supremes collection being in mono. All reviews of The Complete Motown Singles series seem to be glowing. There are many collections available that feature the stereo mixes. We're just trying to do something for everyone and these are the complete "singles".
So many loved Martha's Lost & Found and as Harry said, all the singles fit on two CD's and a third CD was a great way of including more great unreleased tracks as it would have been more difficult to get out a volume 2 of Lost & Found on its own... And there is still even more Martha!

Buttered Popcorn and so forth
09-23-2012, 01:17 AM
And there is still even more Martha!Wait, are you saying that there is even more Martha than what will be released on the new singles collection?!

I know what you mean about those Amazon customer reviews--most of them don't know what they're talking about! At least there are some of us who know that the hit single mixes were mono and that they were different mixes to the stereo versions. If they'd just listen to the music itself and not to how it's separated in stereo, they might notice that a lot of the mono mixes actually sound fuller than the stereo mixes. I noticed that with songs like "You've Been In Love Too Long" by Martha & The Vandellas. Also in "I Can't Dance To The Music You're Playin'," the part where her voice blends into the sax solo is on the mono version, but for some reason on the stereo version her voice suddenly cuts out and then you hear the sax fade up. I automatically like the mono versions of those two better than the stereo versions.

lakedistrictlad1
09-23-2012, 05:28 AM
I bought both the Temps and Supremes sets but confess I've never played them as I already have the COMS sets. I wouldn't buy any further if it became a series simply because it just feels like extracted single artist versions of the COMS sets. So why pay twice? HOWEVER - by adding an extra disc of vault tracks as on the Martha and the Vandellas set - how could I resist? It suddenly becomes a 'must purchase'. Smart move guys! I really hope you do a singles set for Gladys Knight & the Pips and tag on a third disc of the 'lost and found' tracks we've all been waiting years for.