PDA

View Full Version : My granddaughter thinks I'm older than dirt. She may be right.....

test

Doug-Morgan
09-02-2012, 08:02 PM
I usually don't go crowing about personal things.....unless it's the ribbon cutting on our new sewer treatment plant Friday......but this one's been bothering me. 50 didn't bother me. 60 didn't either, though 62 was a little rough because I applied for Social Security. BUT.....

......I never thought a song released in 1967 [[!) would have so much relevance to me 45 years later.
<br>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCss0kZXeyE

<br>
On the other hand, I could just play "16 Candles" 4 times and be done with it.

ralpht
09-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Yeah, Doug. That song got my attention six years ago....

robb_k
09-03-2012, 06:34 AM
I usually don't go crowing about personal things.....unless it's the ribbon cutting on our new sewer treatment plant Friday......but this one's been bothering me. 50 didn't bother me. 60 didn't either, though 62 was a little rough because I applied for Social Security. BUT.....

......I never thought a song released in 1967 [[!) would have so much relevance to me 45 years later.
<br>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCss0kZXeyE

<br>
On the other hand, I could just play "16 Candles" 4 times and be done with it.
64! You're just a youngster!

westgrandboulevard
09-03-2012, 07:56 AM
My memory is still good, my health too.

And,in my mind, I like to feel I'm still as young as ever...... so I had a really bad time trying to achieve a flattering photo for my bus pass.....lol:rolleyes:

ms_m
10-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Hi Doug, this made me smile

unless it's the ribbon cutting on our new sewer treatment plant Friday.

It was a long time coming but I'm glad to see it finally happen...congrats and pat yourself on the back....you do great work!;)

Jerry Oz
10-26-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm old enough now to finally appreciate waking up every day. Every so often, I look into a window and see my dad [[my "old man"? LOL) looking back at me and it freaks me out a little.

Doug-Morgan
10-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Ms. M, I can only take partial credit as a councilman. It took a mayor who was an absolute bulldog when it came to finding funding, a city council that watchdoged the whole thing, a ton of American Recovery Act funding, and about 5 years of planning. The amazing part of the whole thing is that out of the $13m cost, we got 72% of it grant funded.

arrr&bee
10-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Hey doug,you're a guy that gets things done[my wife threatened to leave if i didn't cut the grass,and i'm gonna do it too as soon as i find the mower]but you should be doing bigger things like going to d.c.and showing those nitwits how to get the ball rolling...doug you're my hero.

robb_k
10-28-2012, 02:10 PM
"My granddaughter thinks I'm older than dirt. She may be right..... "

Well, technically, you are probably older than SOME dirt, but not older than most of The Earth's dirt. Does that make you feel good, or just indifferent?

Doug-Morgan
10-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Like I should take a shower.....

arrr&bee
11-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Hey doug,my daughter wonders why my picture isn't on the dollar bill,my name is on enough bills as it is-electric-phone-credit cards...can't please these kids today!!!

sophisticated_soul
11-06-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm old enough now to finally appreciate waking up every day. Every so often, I look into a window and see my dad [[my "old man"? LOL) looking back at me and it freaks me out a little.

That's a familiar feeling. In an interview William Shatner put it this way 'I get up in the morning and look in the mirror and think, who is that old man in my pajamas?' LOL!

arrr&bee
11-10-2012, 02:50 PM
I remember the time as a young man i looked into the mirror and saw my father's face[he wanted his mirror back]!!