PDA

View Full Version : Ross News That Has Taken Over All Other Online Ross Posts

test

jobeterob
08-24-2012, 02:18 PM
From MTV

Kim Kardashian decided to channel big-haired R&B super-diva Diana Ross for a Hype Williams-directed shoot, and Kanye West's chick went all the way for her homage to the Motown singer.

In photos posted on her website, the reality starlet's hair is big and curly, much like Ross' signature 'do. To match the style, her makeup is very retro, in pink and silver hues definitely reminiscent of the looks Ross wore when she was in the Supremes.

Khloe And Kourtney Kardashian Dish On Status Of Kim's Video
"Here are pics from behind the scenes of a shoot I did with Hype Williams," she wrote about the mysterious project with the legendary music-video director. "Clyde Haygood and Joyce Bonelli glammed me up and we went for a fun, crazy look, channeling Diana Ross. Definitely a new look for me. Xo"

There's no word yet on what exactly Kardashian was cooking up with Williams, whether it's a video or photo shoot.

Williams and Kardashian have worked together before. He shot her never-released music video for the track "Jam [[Turn It Up)." While Kim's sisters said the video was "made just for herself ... it was never meant to be played publicly," the opening snippet from the video did eventually leak online. The 54-second snippet is very provocative, featuring Kim in skin-hugging pleather booty shorts, her skin very dewy as she crawls around on the floor.

Kim and Williams hooked up again this summer when he directed West's video for "Cold/I Wish You Would" and she made a quick, yet memorable, cameo in the clip, standing alongside her rapper beau as Yeezy spits rhymes about falling for her while she was still with her ex-husband, Kris Humphries.

Twitter
Email0More»

jobeterob
08-24-2012, 02:19 PM
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1692527/kim-kardashian-diana-ross-hair.jhtml

marv2
08-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Hey Jobeterob, whatever happened with Diana Ross' World Tour?

jobeterob
08-24-2012, 07:18 PM
The tour is on hold and all dates are cancelled because another Grandchild is coming!

marv2
08-24-2012, 07:20 PM
The tour is on hold and all dates are cancelled because another Grandchild is coming!

Oh so she's giving birth? LOL!!!!!

luke
08-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Whatever happened to the show must go on? Did she stop touring when her first grandchild born?

marv2
08-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Whatever happened to the show must go on? Did she stop touring when her first grandchild born?

The bigger question is, isn't her daughter like 40 years old? She cancelled a World Tour? Ahhh forget it......LOL!

simplysupreme
08-24-2012, 09:44 PM

As a matter of fact, she did. Most people who are family-oriented would want to be around for those kind of moments. Guess that escapes you?

luke
08-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Was this world tour scheduled?

marv2
08-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Was this world tour scheduled?

Oh sure, it was actually underway. They had a very detail thread here about it at one time. She was playing such exotic places as Reading, Pa., Wilkes-Barre, Pa., Glen Cove, NY, Ithaca, NY etc,etc. Then all of a sudden, nothing.

marv2
08-24-2012, 11:11 PM

That reminds of when Mary Wilson was still doing her radio show here in New York. It was the late nineties and her daughter was having a baby. Instead of Mary cancelling her show for that week...............she did a live remote broadcast from the delivery room in Las Vegas! LOL! I thought that was incredible, the dedication and all, hehehehehe...

They were able to tie in the delivery of her granddaughter with important topics like having the proper pre and post natal care, along with the proper insurance etc,etc, etc.

simplysupreme
08-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Oh sure, it was actually underway. They had a very detail thread here about it at one time. She was playing such exotic places as Reading, Pa., Wilkes-Barre, Pa., Glen Cove, NY, Ithaca, NY etc,etc. Then all of a sudden, nothing.

Not that you need this as you know oh so well but, here are the detailed dates from the last 2 years when this "world tour", as you've deemed it, got underway.

http://www.dianaross.de/html/concerts-tours.html

jobeterob
08-24-2012, 11:30 PM

Why is Kim Kardashian so popular?

marv2
08-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Not that you need this as you know oh so well but, here are the detailed dates from the last 2 years when this "world tour", as you've deemed it, got underway.

http://www.dianaross.de/html/concerts-tours.html

Well wasn't it a World tour? I thought that is what they were calling it? It was cancelled?

Jimi LaLumia
08-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Does she need a world tour?
she just got a lifetime Grammy..
Tyler Perry is begging her to star in a film..
Scene queen Kim Kardashian wants to be her..
she's in the mix in the Michael Jackson 'kids' saga...
she will be the focal point of Berry Gordy's Broadway musical..
in 2012 , Diana Ross certainly does NOT qualify for an episode of UNSUNG...

marv2
08-25-2012, 01:05 AM
Well, she's not recording, she's not acting, she's not touring,she's not writing any books. It doesn't sound like she is doing much of anything. Maybe she has retired and forgot to tell her fans. I thought that was why she was doing her World tour [[for her fans). It don't matter to me, I don't buy anything coming from her any way. Just curious.

simplysupreme
08-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Well wasn't it a World tour? I thought that is what they were calling it? It was cancelled?

As I said, you already know all things Diana. Don't play coy now.....

simplysupreme
08-25-2012, 01:29 AM
Does she need a world tour?
she just got a lifetime Grammy..
Tyler Perry is begging her to star in a film..
Scene queen Kim Kardashian wants to be her..
she's in the mix in the Michael Jackson 'kids' saga...
she will be the focal point of Berry Gordy's Broadway musical..
in 2012 , Diana Ross certainly does NOT qualify for an episode of UNSUNG...

You got it, Jimi. She does what she wants, when she wants. Others should be so lucky.

jillfoster
08-25-2012, 02:10 AM

really? Why are the dates cancelled when the child is not here yet? And really.. you have to cancel an entire scheduled tour for the birth of a grandchild and not just 3 or 4 dates? Is Diana going to breast feed the baby or something?

David J
08-25-2012, 03:00 AM
really? Why are the dates cancelled when the child is not here yet? And really.. you have to cancel an entire scheduled tour for the birth of a grandchild and not just 3 or 4 dates? Is Diana going to breast feed the baby or something?

What's this thread got to do whether Diana had cancelled her tour or not?????????

Why are you and Marv so bothered whether Diana cancelled her tour or not????? you don't seem like fans to me, so why even bring up the subject IN THIS PARTICULAR THREAD? just asking:confused: and don't come up with bulls**t like "I am not bothered really" because you are obviously are, otherwise Marv wouldn't have brought it up in this thread that's got nothing at all to do whether Diana cancelled her tour or not.

What Diana chooses to do with her life at this point is her business, if she chooses to work, then fine and if she chooses not to, then fine as well, she ain't desperate and she certainly doesn't need the money, so what exactly is the problem here???????????

No doubt any excuse to have a dig at Diana, YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marv2
08-25-2012, 03:19 AM
What's this thread got to do whether Diana had cancelled her tour or not?????????

Why are you and Marv so bothered whether Diana cancelled her tour or not????? you don't seem like fans to me, so why even bring up the subject IN THIS PARTICULAR THREAD? just asking:confused: and don't come up with bulls**t like "I am not bothered really" because you are obviously are, otherwise Marv wouldn't have brought it up in this thread that's got nothing at all to do whether Diana cancelled her tour or not.

What Diana chooses to do with her life at this point is her business, if she chooses to work, then fine and if she chooses not to, then fine as well, she ain't desperate and she certainly doesn't need the money, so what exactly is the problem here???????????

No doubt any excuse to have a dig at Diana, YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think there is something else wrong. I think it is because she has lost her voice.

jobeterob
08-25-2012, 04:31 AM
I think there is something else wrong. I think it is because she has lost her voice.

I think it's because she has your number.

David J
08-25-2012, 06:34 AM

A stupid, petty and childish reply just as I expected, have a nice day.

skooldem1
08-25-2012, 09:15 AM
DIANA ROSS
THE LEGEND
THE MUSIC…
THE VOICE …
LIVE

SUMMER WILL SIZZLE WITH GROUNDBREAKING NATIONAL TOUR “MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY”

EXCLUSIVE PERFORMANCES WILL FEATURE GREATEST HITS IN A THEATRICAL EXPERIENCE

LOS ANGELES, CA, March 11th, 2010 - The one and only Diana Ross will be making summer nights red hot with her “MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY” tour. The legendary icon will perform her greatest hits in a multi-city spectacular live show. Ms. Ross will be pulling out all the stops with breathtaking costumes and stage designs, along with a live string and horn section. The must see show kicks off in Boston, MA on May 15th, the tour runs thru June 12th.

Diana Ross has had a profound influence on American popular culture and has become an icon in the entertainment industry. She is an Academy Award nominated actress for her unforgettable role as Billie Holiday in Lady Sings The Blues, a Tony and Golden Globe winner, a bestselling author, winner of 8 American Music Awards and a recipient of The Kennedy Center Honors. Her reputation as a woman of great style and beauty has put her on the covers of hundreds of magazines. Ms. Ross has sold over 100 million records and recorded 18 #1 hits. Her music became the sound of young America in the ‘60s soon after she signed with Motown Records in 1961 with The Supremes. She embarked on her extraordinary solo career in 1970, and has not stopped since.

Diana Ross sings the soundtrack of our lives, a true music legend.

skooldem1
08-25-2012, 09:17 AM
This was a National tour that was extended 5 times. No dates overseas were announced, none were cancelled.

milven
08-25-2012, 12:49 PM

This was not a World Tour. It was a National Tour. She can still find an audience in the states and does not have to travel the world to find an audience. although she should since she has many fans throughout the world. The tour has been extended four or five times. You sarcastically say she has appeared in exotic places. Well, I have attended this tour and seen her in such exotic places as Los Angeles, Radio City Music Hall, Florida and [[insert joke here) New Jersey. The lady is approaching seventy and should be able to do what she wants, when she wants. There are others of her generation that have to tour just to put bread on the table and a roof over their head.

Why do you invade these threads if you are not a fan of the lady? To instigate? To start trouble? Not to be nasty, [[okay, maybe a little ;) but there are performers that you are following that are of the same generation as Diana, and they are performing in high school auditoriums and on cruise ships. Now that's exotic !!! :)

jobeterob
08-25-2012, 01:09 PM
The tour will start again after the next grandchild has been around a while.

And perhaps when Diana gets tired of the tour or if she feels she is too old to tour, she may talk to Tyler Perry or someone else and do another movie, if you are lucky, Marv.

The priority has always been the family and children; as a famous American once said, once you mess up raising your children, nothing else matters much. And take a look at Diana's music colleagues for messed up children ~ two more prominent ones that haven't had things go well in that area are Aretha Franklin and Patti Labelle.

This is the reason Michael Jackson chose Diana Ross to trust with his children over all those brothers and sisters.

Funny how my "no news" Kim Kardashian thread has become so popular!

smark21
08-25-2012, 02:49 PM
I think Diana Ross is semi retired at this point. She’ll do some shows from time to time, but she’s at an age and she has enough money so she doesn’t need to scramble for work.

As for Kim Kardashian imitating Ross’ look…that’s not a complement to Diana Ross as a style icon. Kardashian is a trashy reality tv media whore who came to fame because she made a sex video with her then boyfriend Ray J who inserted his big penis into her mouth and vagina and after he shot his semen, he gave her a golden shower.

Jimi LaLumia
08-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Welcome To show Biz!.....by the way, is this available on DVD???

Roberta75
08-25-2012, 03:47 PM
This was not a World Tour. It was a National Tour. She can still find an audience in the states and does not have to travel the world to find an audience. although she should since she has many fans throughout the world. The tour has been extended four or five times. You sarcastically say she has appeared in exotic places. Well, I have attended this tour and seen her in such exotic places as Los Angeles, Radio City Music Hall, Florida and [[insert joke here) New Jersey. The lady is approaching seventy and should be able to do what she wants, when she wants. There are others of her generation that have to tour just to put bread on the table and a roof over their head.

Why do you invade these threads if you are not a fan of the lady? To instigate? To start trouble? Not to be nasty, [[okay, maybe a little ;) but there are performers that you are following that are of the same generation as Diana, and they are performing in high school auditoriums and on cruise ships. Now that's exotic !!! :)

He invades these threads because he is obsessed with Diane Ross. His nastiness will spoil the forum for you unless you place him on ignore. Vicious tongued people should be ignored for they foul everything the touch and every place they visit.

What you have here is a very disturbed individual who's troubled soul needs our prayers.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Roberta75
08-25-2012, 04:06 PM
I think Diana Ross is semi retired at this point. She’ll do some shows from time to time, but she’s at an age and she has enough money so she doesn’t need to scramble for work.

As for Kim Kardashian imitating Ross’ look…that’s not a complement to Diana Ross as a style icon. Kardashian is a trashy reality tv media whore who came to fame because she made a sex video with her then boyfriend Ray J who inserted his big penis into her mouth and vagina and after he shot his semen, he gave her a golden shower.

Sex tapes? What kind of message is this sending out to our children?

This saddens and disturbs me. Please pray for our youth for they are our future.

Roberta

milven
08-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Sex tapes? What kind of message is this sending out to our children?

This saddens and disturbs me. Please pray for our youth for they are our future.

Roberta

Ha! Reading this thread made me do a search for the Kim/Ray J Sex tape. Couldn't find it but I found this and it is so funny. Kim saddens and disturbs me.

What kind of message is Kim sending to our senior citizens?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaDyWnCsGog

marv2
08-25-2012, 06:35 PM

Wait! So I am not allowed to discuss anything about Diana Ross, but I can discuss every other artist? Get outta Dodge! I will discuss Diana Ross just like anyone else. If you find what I have to say "nasty" that is because of your own mentality.

milven
08-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Wait! So I am not allowed to discuss anything about Diana Ross, but I can discuss every other artist? Get outta Dodge! I will discuss Diana Ross just like anyone else. If you find what I have to say "nasty" that is because of your own mentality.

Sir: You have every right to come into a Diana Ross topic and discuss it. I questioned why you would want to do that since you don't like her. Does it bring you enjoyment? I also question why you have to insult members here. You have called me stupid in other posts, you have said that I do not know what I am talking about, and now you are questioning my mentality. Well, perhaps you are right about my mentality and intelligence. I should have my head examined to find out why I keep thinking that I can have a rational conversation with you.

marv2
08-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Sir: You have every right to come into a Diana Ross topic and discuss it. I questioned why you would want to do that since you don't like her. Does it bring you enjoyment? I also question why you have to insult members here. You have called me stupid in other posts, you have said that I do not know what I am talking about, and now you are questioning my mentality. Well, perhaps you are right about my mentality and intelligence. I should have my head examined to find out why I keep thinking that I can have a rational conversation with you.

It is not for you to question. Who are you? I don't answer to you. It is none of your business. Mind your business. Chill, whatever....

jsmith
08-25-2012, 08:41 PM
So now you're only allowed to discuss singers, producers, records that you like on here ????
....... guess those that like Diane want to rule the roost.

marv2
08-25-2012, 08:53 PM
So now you're only allowed to discuss singers, producers, records that you like on here ????
....... guess those that like Diane want to rule the roost.

Jsmith, that is what it sounds like. How crazy is that?

luke
08-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Marv did not judge anyone as someone else did above which will get this tread in trouble with Ralph. Dammit Marv, Diana is a goddess...ooops I mean Miss Ross.

marv2
08-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Marv did not judge anyone as someone else did above which will get this tread in trouble with Ralph. Dammit Marv, Diana is a goddess...ooops I mean Miss Ross.

Luke! Diane is just another singer from the projects of Detroit that made good. She's no goddess.......

Roberta75
08-25-2012, 10:03 PM

Aren't you a bit long in the tooth to be tittle tattling to Ralph every time someone disagrees with your friend?

It is your friend who needs to should watch his offensive tongue on this forum. If the moderator isn't watching God is. He'd do well to take heed of these words from the good book of James:

"And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell."

Roberta

marv2
08-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Aren't you a bit long in the tooth to be tittle tattling to Ralph every time someone disagrees with your friend?

It is your friend who needs to should watch his offensive tongue on this forum.

"Beware of those who pray in public......."

You need to check yourself! My offensive tongue? You just sat here read word for word the graphic detail of Kim K's sex tape provided by Smark21 and say not a word about it! You are a fake!

luke
08-26-2012, 09:53 AM
lol Marv--this is really funny. Roberta doesnt mind talk of golden showers.! Roberta doesnt the New Testament talk about not judging. I was referring to Ralph reading the threads-he does you know and we should all be sensitive to what hes gone thru recently. Feelin guilty? Pick and choose religious people are too much.

Roberta75
08-26-2012, 09:59 AM
lol Marv--this is really funny. Roberta doesnt mind talk of golden showers.! Roberta doesnt the New Testament talk about not judging. I was referring to Ralph reading the threads-he does you now and we should all be sensitive to what hes gone thru recently. Feelin guilty? Pick and choose religious people are too much.

And what is a Golden Shower Luke. I have no idea what you are going on about

I know about a vagina because I have one. I've also had a penis in my vagina. It's called sexual intercourse between 2 consenting adults. I also know what semen is. Christian women do have sexual intercourse Luke.

Penis, vagina and semen are all words you will find in the dictionary. They are words that are used when teaching yound adults abour responsible sexual behavior. There is nothing wrong with any of those words.

I have no idea what a Golden Shower is so why would I get bothered over something I know nothing about.

Tittle tattling is a very unattractive trait in a older people. Children tittle tattle but they don't know any better. Grown ups should know better.

Ralph has been in my prayers since the loss of him mom. I hope he's been in yours too.

Have a blessed Sunday.

Roberta