PDA

View Full Version : "With Love" by Sisters Love: a short review

test

mowest
09-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Sisters Love "With Love" is a winner!
I received the CD today and can tell you that it is wonderful. First of all, the sound quality is way superior to that on the Soul Jazz compilation. Secondly, the songs are all excellent. Great versions of "Sweet Inspiration," "Turn On Your Lovelight," "Giving Up" and "Just A Little Misunderstanding." "I Ain't That Easy To Lose" is super dramatic and "Do What You Gotta Do" is a standout. The tunes the two compilations have in common are given new life here and the liner notes are extremely informative. This is definitely one to add to your collection!

topdiva1
09-18-2010, 09:27 AM
I read an old quote from back in the day made by one member of Sisters Love and it went "...we are gonna chew on those Supremes behinds". LOL

pj1
09-18-2010, 02:09 PM
I read an old quote from back in the day made by one member of Sisters Love and it went "...we are gonna chew on those Supremes behinds". LOL

Soul Magazine - September 1971- Vermettya Royster
pg 9, bottom of paragraph 4 ; Sisters Love 'With Love" booklet

mrlonleyheart
10-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Finally, I would like to say something about the talented Sisters Love. I havenīt find the thread "Love it or hate it" but I can write it hear again.

In my personally opinion when you compare the CDs "Give me your love" and "With love" you notice that Motown try to find the whole group harmonies, on the A&M records you noticed that Vermettya Royster is in the center of attention.
On the "with love" CD the whole group is in the spotlight except only one track in my personally opinion, the very dramatic amazing recording of "I ainīt that easy to lose"

This is no Motown, no Mowest it is an amazing fight between voices and harmonies !!!!!!!

Maybe the other tracks are not unreleased because they are to heavy for the whole "Motown Culture", sadly we would never know this for sure......!

I will be a very big fan of the group, because every track is a winner I like that uncontemporary style of music. It was on an end of a decade a quick breackthrough into a new dimension - The 70īs !