PDA

View Full Version : This is too STUPID not to share

test

milven
08-17-2012, 12:38 PM
On the news today, they did a piece on how parents are forgetting their babies in the back seat of hot cars to disastrous consequences of heat stroke death. The report said that with hectic schedules, it is easy for parents to make a mistake and forget the child is in the back seat.

The departments of transportation and health and human services launched a program today called "Where's Baby? Look before you lock." They asked agencies like Head Start and Day Care Units across the country to distribute safety tips like

WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR CAR, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOMETHING IMPORTANT IN BACK SEAT LIKE YOUR KEYS OR MAYBE YOUR CELL PHONE OR YOUR PURSE, SO YOU CAN'T FORGET THEM.....OR YOUR CHILD

Just stupid. Shouldn't it be if you don't want to forget your purse or cell phone, put it in the back seat next to something important , like your child.? :mad::mad:

tamla617
08-17-2012, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=milven;120262]On the news today, they did a piece on how parents are forgetting their babies in the back seat of hot cars to disastrous consequences of heat stroke death. The report said that with hectic schedules, it is easy for parents to make a mistake and forget the child is in the back seat.

The departments of transportation and health and human services launched a program today called "Where's Baby? Look before you lock." They asked agencies like Head Start and Day Care Units across the country to distribute safety tips like

WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR CAR, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOMETHING IMPORTANT IN BACK SEAT LIKE YOUR KEYS OR MAYBE YOUR CELL PHONE OR YOUR PURSE, SO YOU CAN'T FORGET THEM.....OR YOUR CHILD

Just stupid. Shouldn't it be if you don't want to forget your purse or cell phone, put it in the back seat next to something important , like your child.? :mad::mad:[/QUOTE
the child is obviously sat next to the driver's brain,i'm suprised the driver even managed to have kids

soulster
08-17-2012, 08:27 PM
I think it's more like parents not wanting to bother taking the kid out of the baby seat and taking the kid with them. They think they will be fine for just a "couple of minutes". Problem is, more often than not, a "couple" of minutes turns into 30, 45, then an hour, and then what happens? And, they forget and leave the window cracked, like that's going to help in high heat, maybe with humidity, with no air conditioning. Then what do you get? The junior edition of "1000 Ways To Die"!

These parents should be tortured in prison for the rest of their days.

Jerry Oz
08-17-2012, 08:39 PM
The story that accompanied the broadcast was a father who didn't normally drop his 20-month old baby off at day care and followed his morning routine and drove straight to work. Four hours later, he was a grieving father. To be honest, I don't know what good would come from prosecuting someone when this occurs.

robb_k
08-18-2012, 12:43 AM
That's the problem with The World today. The thinking people are having relatively few children, and The World's population is becoming overpopulated with people without enough sense to realise that their children are precious, and should be a high-enough priority in their lives that they COULDN'T be forgotten in such a circumstance. People like that shouldn't be having children.

I think that Humans have a tremendously over-inflated idea of their species' importance, intelligence and value to The World. They have only existed for about 300,000 years [[depending upon your definition). Even if you define it as roughly 1 million years, that has been an incredibly small amount of time as opposed to certain sharks, fish, amphibian, reptile and dinosaur species, and yet, Humans are the only species to single-handedly cause mass extinctions of other species, and "degrade" The World and it's ecosystems on a large scale.

The World is overpopulated with Humans to the detriment of nearly all other species, and such things as idiot human parents are just one of nature's way of protecting Life from that species gone wrong [[along with aids, ebola, chronic hatred and violence and murder, suicide, bird flu, etc.). Life will always work to protect itself [[as a whole). As The Humans more and more endanger ALL Life [[or at least all higher forms of Life) on The Earth, nature's fighting methods will get harsher. It's all sad, but true. There is a "best balance", and mankind has surpassed it. I'm guessing that the pendulum will need to be pushed back in some way.

I'm glad [[and feel very lucky) to have lived my life probably during the most benign times and geographical places for humans. It has almost never in history been so good for Humans, and [[sorry to say)-may never be again). I hope I'm wrong about this.

Does anyone think required parenting classes for any couple or single parent desiring doctor/hospital delivery and care, would do any good? Or would that have roughly the same effect as the written driver's test on reckless people, who are going to drink and drive, and eat and make telephone calls while driving, and drive 50 miles per hour over the speed limit and not look in their mirrors while driving, anyway?

moe
08-18-2012, 08:01 AM
I hear you, Robb. Sometimes I think you should need a license to be a parent.

Jerry Oz
08-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Parenting classes would only help if the parents were interested in learning. If they were interested in the first place, they would have already learned from parents, siblings, friends, and experience everything that they would need to know. I actually pity the parents who have to live with the aftermath of such a tragedy. Don't think for a minute that they "deserve" it; their kids most certainly didn't and they're the true victims.

People don't learn what's not important to them. Case in point: in Ohio, we have a law that kids under 18 cannot drive with more than one under-aged person in their car unless an adult is present. Two weeks ago, five kids piled into a 17 year old's car and she promptly drove into a tree, killing one of the most popular kids in school. Did the driver pay attention during Driver's Ed? Yep. It was important then, but she couldn't expect the instructor and course designer to understand the pressure she had to drive, chat, text, and be distracted by carrying a crew of her BFFs, so that silly law didn't apply to her.

Parents who forget the most important thing in their lives will sometimes pay the price because God's silly directives [[the prime directive for the preservation of species, if you don't believe in God) are trumped by the importance of getting to work on time. God should know this.

robb_k
08-18-2012, 01:50 PM
That was my point about nature. Parents who don't have enough protective instinct to always be considering the welfare and safety of their children should not be able to pass their on very far into future generations. Unfortunately, being uncaring and forgetful enough to leave a child in life-threatening danger is one of those Natural obstacles to passing those "uncaring genes", and is built right into nature's life-preservation system. Too bad for the innocent child. But, nature has to assume that their was a decent chance that the child inherited the "tendency" to be less caring [[whether it came from a deficiency in a gene, that is manifested in hormone flow, brain development or ability to learn, can't matter to nature's system.

soulster
08-19-2012, 10:23 PM
The story that accompanied the broadcast was a father who didn't normally drop his 20-month old baby off at day care and followed his morning routine and drove straight to work. Four hours later, he was a grieving father. To be honest, I don't know what good would come from prosecuting someone when this occurs.

It doesn't matter what his routine is. His mind should have been on his child. Nothing else should matter, except keeping his eyes on the road, of course.

The father should be thrown in prison. No excuse!

Jerry Oz
08-19-2012, 11:35 PM
I wasn't trying to excuse him. I just wonder what the benefit is to prosecuting someone in this situation. With that being said, if they EVER prosecute parents in that city for negligent homicide, then they should do it in all cases of it. I've got a feeling that they are selective as to when and who they decide to prosecute.

soulster
08-21-2012, 12:28 AM
Not prosecuting this crime would set a dangerous precedent.

soulster
08-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Here's another case:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/23/13428648-texas-mom-arrested-after-death-of-baby-who-was-left-in-back-of-hot-suv?lite