PDA

View Full Version : Can You Guess Who She Is?

test

marv2
08-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Can you guess who this woman is or rather what group she was once a member of? Here she is performing her latest release from 2012 , "Follow Me", but back in the day it was an entirely different story! Hurry because I can't wait to tell you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em7euQ62VOY&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLjGjyr0mwvWbL_riGlN0Tdw

daviddesper
08-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Well first of all, I like the song so good luck to her. I don't recognize either her or the name, so based on the clue you gave about it being completely different, my guess would be that she was in a completely different genre previously. So maybe she was a New Christy Minstrel or King Family member or something like that?

marv2
08-11-2012, 03:27 PM
David, thanks for trying. New Christy Minstrels? You sooooooooo far in the wrong direction! LOL! I I will give it a little more time before I divulge the answer. It may shock you.

westgrandboulevard
08-11-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm thinking of Prince...and if I'm right, this lady could be a Brit....or is that just my Vanity....?

MIKEW-UK
08-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Wgbvd, you have it - Vanity 6 & Apollonia 6!

marv2
08-11-2012, 06:00 PM
I'm thinking of Prince...and if I'm right, this lady could be a Brit....or is that just my Vanity....?

Oh you're good, but I don't think she is British. She's Brenda Bennett, formerly one third of the hot female trio, "Vanity 6"!

marv2
08-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Here she is with her girls in all their nasty girl glory! LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfLZfyphg0M

westgrandboulevard
08-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Marv

I seem to think Brenda is Scottish - och aye! She certainly sounds to have a dram of whisky in her authoritative tone of singing voice, anyway!

Listening to that clip, for some reason made me think that singing in that style would suit Martha's lower register......

marv2
08-11-2012, 06:38 PM
I just read that Brenda Bennett was British born.

marv2
08-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Marv

I seem to think Brenda is Scottish - och aye! She certainly sounds to have a dram of whisky in her authoritative tone of singing voice, anyway!

Listening to that clip, for some reason made me think that singing in that style would suit Martha's lower register......

You are right. I've been watching a lot of "Coronation Street" so I am getting to know the accents and dialects very well. LOL!

westgrandboulevard
08-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Well Marv, most of the characters on 'Corrie' are from the north of England.

So, as an American, can you understand everything they actually say?!

I'm from the south of England, and you might need subtitles if listening to some old dialects from counties like Dorset, Devon, Wiltshire ...LOL!

marv2
08-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Well Marv, most of the characters on 'Corrie' are from the north of England.

So, as an American, can you understand everything they actually say?!

I'm from the south of England, and you might need subtitles if listening to some old dialects from counties like Dorset, Devon, Wiltshire ...LOL!

Well, sometimes I don't get what Tyrone is saying when he says things like "we augt ta be 'appy with ow new baba...." hehehehehehehe....