PDA

View Full Version : Vanity!

test

marv2
08-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Here she is......Vanity! At this point she is poised [[and expected) to become the lead female star at Motown. In this 1985 clip she performs her song "Samuelle". She definitely had the goods!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q_2Z3cLxZ8

Ngroove
08-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Ahhh..."Samuelle" - beautiful, haunting, melodramatic....one of the very reasons I bought "Wild Animal" a second time, after my first was scratching / skipping out...."Mechanical Emotion" has kind of a groove too, but felt more like a quasi-duet with Morris Day, whose name remained uncredited as a background vocal on track, but is on the "I Love You Bunches" thank-yous.

marv2
08-11-2012, 01:29 AM
Ahhh..."Samuelle" - beautiful, haunting, melodramatic....one of the very reasons I bought "Wild Animal" a second time, after my first was scratching / skipping out...."Mechanical Emotion" has kind of a groove too, but felt more like a quasi-duet with Morris Day, whose name remained uncredited as a background vocal on track, but is on the "I Love You Bunches" thank-yous.

"Mechanical Emotion" was the JAM! I almost forgot about that one. It was played in clubs all over the place at the time [[no pun intended since Morris Day was on the record with her LOL!).